Early AM

upsbeernut

Sometimes i feel like a nut sometimes i dont
Heard it thru the grapevine all full time drivers will no longer run early am. Some if them aren't very happy. Ups has something up their sleeve or up their. More run cuts maybe.

sailfish

Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone
We usually get a handful a day but we cover such a large area that most of them have 1000 commits. For the couple that have 900 commits the regular driver just leaves earlier.

oldngray

nowhere special
Heard it thru the grapevine all full time drivers will no longer run early am. Some if them aren't very happy. Ups has something up their sleeve or up their. More run cuts maybe.

My center never had full time drivers run early am. The only way to get them delivered by 8 was to have air drivers go straight from the airport to deliver them.

brown metal coffin

We have a few guys do that but they are Article 22 jobs. They work in the building in the morning either in the hub or preload and then deliver eams and come back to deliver the regular air.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
I think it's good to give these to the air drivers. Better chance of making service this way.

I show up to work less than 5 minutes before start time. I can't tell you how many times I've heard hey you have an early am we need you on the road now. Me. It's already late. Commit time is 30 minutes from now and its a 40 mile drive.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
How can you do early am's when management keeps pushing the start up later and later?
3/4 of my center is there almost an hour early everyday. Early am for their route comes down they get to start. That love it.

To my center manager credit even though start time may be 9 if we are wrapped at 8:30 he sends everyone out. I'm often the last one out the door. I just can't justify driving an hour to work and show up 30 minutes early with the CHANCE to start early.