oldngray

nowhere special
O

OK i stand corrected didn't know. Beer nut will checks his nutty sources
th.jpg

By The Book

O

OK i stand corrected didn't know. Beer nut will checks his nutty sources
Sure, and I think many years ago there was a grievance on this issue. I don't know if it was a national grievance or not. In this case the members would be making a concession if they let this happen. We have to protect these full-time jobs first. The part timers will eventually get here so let's leave the routes as good as they were when we got em.

upsbeernut

Sometimes i feel like a nut sometimes i dont
Sure, and I think many years ago there was a grievance on this issue. I don't know if it was a national grievance or not. In this case the members would be making a concession if they let this happen. We have to protect these full-time jobs first. The part timers will eventually get here so let's leave the routes as good as they were when we got em.
That's not happening, tinkering is their speciality and flavor of the month is always add more.

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
We have four drivers with 7am start and two article 22 for earlies. Myself I love doing them when offered, pushes 9.5 to 17:30 so they usually lighten you up

barnyard

KTM rider
We have 6 or 8 guys start early and 4 air drivers for EAM and there are times when they are asking for more to deliver amongst those that show up early. We rarely, if ever miss and EAM commit time.

I thought this came up a few years ago. Only PT delivered EAM and they also helped run more NDA. Did not last long, too many miles, not enough PT people and not enough package cars.

Cementups

Box Monkey
We have 4 or 5 FT drivers that run EAMs before their bid trip. One of them leaves with his regular trip, does EAMs and then heads to his regular route. And then what ever wasn't loaded in when he left is brought out to him by another driver.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

We have 4 or 5 FT drivers that run EAMs before their bid trip. One of them leaves with his regular trip, does EAMs and then heads to his regular route. And then what ever wasn't loaded in when he left is brought out to him by another driver.

UPS recently expanded the list of EAM zip codes, which affected two of the areas in our center. The PDS will try to make sure that if either of those areas gets an EAM to have the preload wrap their cars early and get the drivers on the road as soon as possible as there is a 45-60 minute drive before either of those drivers is on area . The problem is the commit time in those areas for EAM's is 1100 and we don't start until 0940 so our success rate on delivering those EAM's on time is rather low. There was talk of using a PTer or 22.3 to run these off but it was deemed to be more cost effective to issue refunds for the difference between the EAM and NDA rate.

brown metal coffin

Half the time it is going to a company that isn't even open that early.

UPS only cares if the attempt is made because that way they get the full amount for the EAM. Payment isn't contingent on if they are open; only that an attempt is made. Also if it doesn't get attempted but it still gets there before 1030 then they still get the NDA air rate.

brown metal coffin

UPS recently expanded the list of EAM zip codes, which affected two of the areas in our center. The PDS will try to make sure that if either of those areas gets an EAM to have the preload wrap their cars early and get the drivers on the road as soon as possible as there is a 45-60 minute drive before either of those drivers is on area . The problem is the commit time in those areas for EAM's is 1100 and we don't start until 0940 so our success rate on delivering those EAM's on time is rather low. There was talk of using a PTer or 22.3 to run these off but it was deemed to be more cost effective to issue refunds for the difference between the EAM and NDA rate.

Your center must be way out there with the commit and travel times. Our EAM's are committed by 8am and 830. Im betting thats tough on the weather days.

upschuck

Also if it doesn't get attempted but it still gets there before 1030 then they still get the NDA air rate.
Are you sure about that? I would definitely complain, since I paid for guaranteed service, and that service was not given, I expect my money back, not another service that they offer, that I didn't want, with that price charged. Seems like that could easily be a class action suit if that were the case. I'm sure the squeaky wheel would be oiled in this case.

PT Car Washer

Are you sure about that? I would definitely complain, since I paid for guaranteed service, and that service was not given, I expect my money back, not another service that they offer, that I didn't want, with that price charged. Seems like that could easily be a class action suit if that were the case. I'm sure the squeaky wheel would be oiled in this case.
Would you rather have UPS return the package to the shipper if it was not delivered on time? I am sure some oily lawyers have looked into this.