Early Driver Release Problems

UPSGUY72

If, as Upstate says, you take a cell picture, can you then potentially be fired for it? I have no idea. That's why I am asking.

I take cell pics of any bad moves, exceptions, etc. UPS will happily pull up any move/message that they can use to burn you with. I happily pull up ones that prove they can't.

As for upsguy72, the old system kept any correspondence for 36 hours and then it was pushed out by more recent messages. The new system retains those messages forever. They can delete it off the screen but not out of the system. Another reason to CYA with clear messages explaining the situation. Ones they can't deny receiving anymore.[/QUOTE]

I know back in June of last year I got sent a message to not collect a COD for brokerage fees on a package. To just deliver it. When I got back to the building I ask for a copy of the message. The clerk couldn't find it on the daily log of message sent and received it magically disappeared. Lucky for Me she was able to find a copy of the fax from UPS supply chain solution stating to removed the cod. I still have it.

browned out

Hourlys are not allowed to use any recording devices on UPS property, in UPS vehicles, even on lunch. Look it up on the UPSers.com website. Type in "Recording Devices in the Workplace"

cino321

Keep it honest, don't make things happen that were impossible to begin with.

Forget your management team. At the end of the day you are screwing the customer and yourself out of a job.

You go home and tell your significant other you got fired for recording packages dishonestly. I don't want to have that conservation.

rocket man

if you cant have nda,s done by 1015 to 1020 you tell them in hub NO MATTER WHAT PUT THEM BACK ON BELT ITS NOT YOUR PROBLEM . ITS NUMBERS ITS ALL THE TECNOLOGY THEY HAVE AND THEY STILL CANT GET IT RIGHT. DONT SCREW YOUR SELF BUT you may have already done it.

cino321

if you cant have nda,s done by 1015 to 1020 you tell them in hub NO MATTER WHAT PUT THEM BACK ON BELT ITS NOT YOUR PROBLEM . ITS NUMBERS ITS ALL THE TECNOLOGY THEY HAVE AND THEY STILL CANT GET IT RIGHT. DONT SCREW YOUR SELF BUT you may have already done it.

I wouldn't do that. Not in my building. Remember the rules and what you can get away with are different in every building.

Check you air before you leave the building, make sure you have all pieces accounted for before you leave. If you cannot locate a air in your load prior to leaving building, tell sup and send a message. If you don't think you will make it then tell sup and send a message.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Hourlys are not allowed to use any recording devices on UPS property, in UPS vehicles, even on lunch. Look it up on the UPSers.com website. Type in "Recording Devices in the Workplace"

We had a preloader walked out of the building earlier this week. She had taken pictures of inbound loads and was showing them to a co-worker when the preload sup happened to walk by and saw her doing this. At first she denied doing this but later admitted it. She escalated the situation by saying she would be notifying OSHA of supposed safety violations within the building. I was off yesterday but wouldn't be surprised if she will be back to work on Monday, if she is not already back.

brown_trousers

well thats an easy one. Take the picture when your not on UPS property. diads are portable!! Pull up the message on your lunch break while outside of the vehicle and take a cell phone pic.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid

True. However, if the only evidence they have of you violating that rule is the photograph that you took of a DIAD message they sent instructing you to falsify a delivery record....you kinda have them by the nuts on that one. Go ahead and issue me a warning letter for using my cellphone camera; I will call the ethics hotline and file an Art 37 grievance on your ass for instructing me to lie, and we will see who still has their job once the dust settles and the smoke clears!

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
We had a preloader walked out of the building earlier this week. She had taken pictures of inbound loads and was showing them to a co-worker when the preload sup happened to walk by and saw her doing this. At first she denied doing this but later admitted it. She escalated the situation by saying she would be notifying OSHA of supposed safety violations within the building. I was off yesterday but wouldn't be surprised if she will be back to work on Monday, if she is not already back.

Taking the pics would have only gotten her a warning letter. Lying about it will probably cost her the job.

LagunaBrown

My advise is to call loss prevention on your break to tell them the situation and ask them to pull copy of ODS message (per you contract) since you feel uncomfortable with supervisors integrity but must work as directed. If L.P. cant find it because of it being deleted show him your DIAD Messages back at building or ask management to copy it on XeroX machine with a union witness hearing the conversation and taking notes in case they deny access. Loss prevention will walk a Supervisor out just as fast as an hourly, you just gotta have the proof. Then you call the Ethics hotline make sure you get a follow up from L.P. and then file article 37 grievance so you have a paper trail if they retaliate.