early results

PT Stewie

"Big Fella"
Viewing the early results from yesterday's counts on the TDU website I am very disappointed with the turn out from my local.It displays the general apathy I encounter all the time as a steward. This is your working life and you can't even be bothered to post a vote WTF. My hats off to all the teamsters who voted no matter what the outcome.We need to show the company we care and are not the numbered sheep they take us for.

quamba 638

Yeah, it will only get better when people start opening the bills form the Doctors since CS does not cover crap !
I've had over 3000 dollars worth of medical care this year for my family, met the 400 dollar family deductible, and have paid maybe another 100 bucks out of pocket. Did I mention we didnt pay a dime out if pocket in premiums? To grossly overstate that CS doesn't cover crap is itself crap.

I agree it's not bad insurance. However 500 dollars a year to a PT employee is a their entire paycheck for several weeks. That's why their not happy, this TA isn't good for them.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Re: It's early, but the National TA is losing narrowly right now

I agree it's not bad insurance. However 500 dollars a year to a PT employee is a their entire paycheck for several weeks. That's why their not happy, this TA isn't good for them.

How many PTers actually use their health insurance?

superballs63

Well-Known Troll
Troll
Viewing the early results from yesterday's counts on the TDU website I am very disappointed with the turn out from my local.It displays the general apathy I encounter all the time as a steward. This is your working life and you can't even be bothered to post a vote WTF. My hats off to all the teamsters who voted no matter what the outcome.We need to show the company we care and are not the numbered sheep they take us for.

Agreed. I'm in local 355, and only 421 ballots were received. There are close to 200 DRIVERS in my building, which is a joke. I did my part, just wish my co-workers(who are VERY quick to bitch and whine) would have taken the 30 seconds to do theirs as well

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

As you should. My question was more of a general query-----how many PTers actually use their health insurance?

superballs63

Well-Known Troll
Troll
Re: What time?

There are roughly 4 threads which are talking about the votes which have been tallied so far. No need to put up a new thread

Coldworld

60 months and counting

Not every part-timer is 18. Those that are older might have children who would regularly use their healthcare benefits....this includes physical therapy, mental health and dental that people of any age would use. If these folks" aren't using their healthcare " then ups should have low premiums on each part- timer...thus saving money...in theory.

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll

How many PTers actually use their health insurance?

What I find amuzing DAVE, is that your area BARELY passed the TA with 55% and voted down the supplemental. That shows that your area is completely divided by this TA.

Anytime HALF of anything is against something, then it cant be a good thing. We have to wonder how many people didnt vote, or didnt get ballots in your district. Would that have countered the 5% that passed the TA.

Too bad we will never know.

Stay tuned.

Peace

TOS

TimeForChange

Locals 177 and 384 just came in with RESOUNDING NO votes on the national TA.!! :)

YES 1,025
NO 1,899

YES 226
NO 792

Those combined chopped 1,440 off of the 2,037 lead that YES had at the end of the counting Friday night.

Last edited:

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
Locals 177 and 384 just came in with RESOUNDING NO votes on the national TA.!! :)

YES 1,025
NO 1,899

YES 226
NO 792

Those combined chopped 1,440 of fof the 2,037 lead that YES had at the end of the counting Friday night.

Great news! Now we need to see how local 89 weighs in!

Thanks for the update!

Peace

TOS

rpoz11

Re: Friday's Vote Count

hall went as far as informing his camp that Andy M didn't do a very good job of convincing the Southwest of accepting this TA.
Don't look to blaming hall. Its not his fault. He did indeed define some of this to the SoCal locals. However, all he had to present was what many of us already knew.