early results

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
Re: Friday's Vote Count

Don't look to blaming hall. Its not his fault. He did indeed define some of this to the SoCal locals. However, all he had to present was what many of us already knew.

Andy M FAILED when he told us in the south "all you need to do is file a supervisor working grievance, and when we get you paid, you can pay the deductibles and premiums with that money"...

If thats the best theory that the international could give ANDY to sell us, then he was doomed from the start. The south let us down, no question there. Instead of standing up to IBT, they layed down and brought us a bag of rocks for sale. As if we are as dumb as local 407. They must have figured that "We" like 407 cant do basic math. AS long as we a raise, we will lay down with them.

FAIL.

Peace

TOS

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
Locals 177 and 384 just came in with RESOUNDING NO votes on the national TA.!! :)

YES 1,025
NO 1,899

YES 226
NO 792

Those combined chopped 1,440 of fof the 2,037 lead that YES had at the end of the counting Friday night.

As of 8am pacific time, the YES votes now lead by only 53% of the vote. A loss of 3%. I predicted 52% and I am almost dead on. Now the fun begins.

We have to see how local 89 tips the scale, and the NO votes should take the lead by a narrow margin going into the WEST vote count, bringing it back to 52% NO.

Stay tuned!

Peace

TOS

PiedmontSteward

RTW-4-Less
TDU is posting the Local by Local results as they come in:

UPS Contract Vote Results | Teamsters for a Democratic Union

As I type this, the results so far are:

YES 11,575
NO 10,238

This is going to be interesting; with the move to TeamCare, I wonder how the Western Conference Teamsters are going to vote. That $1,000 "shuttle pay" incentive in Local 89 and whether or not the members there let it influence their voting could be the tipping point.

Bagels

Family Leave Fridays!!!

Its very close ... In 2007 these same locals were ahead by over 80%.

Not even close to being true.

2013: 11,575-10,238 (53% YES)
2007: 15,220-12,032 (56% YES passed by 65% overall)

5,439 less votes than in 2007

A couple regions (targeted by TDU) accounted for the large swing. But voter turnout has been poor -- e.g. 1,000 less votes each in 804 & Atlantic, and another 1,500 in New England -- and virtually all of these were NO votes in 2007.

This contract will pass. It's clear that the PTers simply didn't increase their votes, and most of the locals with votes outstanding aren't impacted with the change among FTers to TEAMCARE. There's no reason to think the conservative South (+7000 YES in 2007) will change its votes this election. TDU will decrease YES margins in select areas of the West & Central States, but it'll likely pass in those regions as well and the final outcome will be closer to 60% YES.

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
This is going to be interesting; with the move to TeamCare, I wonder how the Western Conference Teamsters are going to vote. That $1,000 "shuttle pay" incentive in Local 89 and whether or not the members there let it influence their voting could be the tipping point.

NO need to guess. WE ARE A SOLID NO.

Peace

TOS

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll

Not true.

2013: 11,575-10,238 (53% YES)
2007: 15,220-12,032 (56% YES passed by 65% overall)

A couple regions account for a large swing. But 1,000 less people in each 804 & Atlantic and 1,500 in New England voted vs. 2007 -- and virtually all these were NO votes.

This contract will pass. TDU failed to rack up the NO margins in the locals in targeted, and voter turnout has been poor. There's simply no reason to think that the conservative South, which passed the contract by a 7,000 margin in 2007, will change its votes (few PTers are eligible to vote); even if TDU was able to sway voters out West & in the Central States (e.g. SoCal, Louisville), the margin's simply too big to overcome. Especially with voter turnout poor.

What does TDU have to do with this contract?

They have no effect in the west. We are hoffa supporters, yet dont support this contract. We dont need TDU to tell us it sucks, we can figure that out for ourselves.

Please stop throwing out the TDU card.

You do realize that a 3% percent lead is a virtual tie and going into the west and local 89 and this thing gets shut down, right?

Stay tuned.

TOS

rpoz11

Don't look to blaming hall. Its not his fault. He did indeed define some of this to the SoCal locals. However, all he had to present was what many of us already knew.

Andy M FAILED when he told us in the south "all you need to do is file a supervisor working grievance, and when we get you paid, you can pay the deductibles and premiums with that money"...

If thats the best theory that the international could give ANDY to sell us, then he was doomed from the start. The south let us down, no question there. Instead of standing up to IBT, they layed down and brought us a bag of rocks for sale.

TOS

Andy's body language was a tell tale sign to me that he was uncomfortable presenting this at the locals here.
I would have found it difficult to restrain my views of this proposal if I were him at the podium as he did.

It would be a HIGH PRIORITY for him to consider his next move if and when he has to re-address us all with the next offer.

All of us members really need to examine this next offer with even greater concern and importance.

UnconTROLLed

perfection
25 Boston 1165 70 1160 74

lemmings. However, I predicted it. All of the stewards, BA's etc. were pressuring members to vote yes. I was one of 70 to waste seven seconds and vote no.

Bagels

Family Leave Fridays!!!

What does TDU have to do with this contract? They have no effect in the west. We are hoffa supporters, yet dont support this contract. We dont need TDU to tell us it sucks, we can figure that out for ourselves. Please stop throwing out the TDU card. You do realize that a 3% percent lead is a virtual tie and going into the west and local 89 and this thing gets shut down, right? Stay tuned. TOS

Keep telling yourself that.

Most outstanding votes, among FT employees, are in regions not impacted by the change in health care; there's little reason for these people to vote NO. The outstanding vote voted for the contract by 71% in 2007, and by a margin of nearly 20,000 votes. Support in the NE, heavily impacted by the change in health care, dropped by 3 points to 53% in favor of the contract. Clearly not what TDU supporters (which run the 'Vote No' FB page) had hoped, and the discouragement shows on the FB page.

SoCal, Louisville and select locals impacted by the changes in health care will shrink the margin, but it won't even be close. For NO to even have a chance, it had to be leading after the NE was counted. This contract will pass by 60%. It's not "virtually tied" but instead now "virtually guaranteed to pass." Counting will just be a formality.

And I mention "TDU supporters" because TDU targeted & campaigned against the contract in select locals. For the record, I voted NO.

TimeForChange

O'Brien wouldn't be a rising star in the IBT if he couldn't get his own local behind the contract.

O'Brien wouldn't be a rising star in the IBT if his daddy hadn't been a big shot.

Nepotism sucks. I want the best and the most concerned with the members' best interests, not the one who happened to have a father that was a Union honcho.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
25 Boston 1165 70 1160 74

lemmings. However, I predicted it. All of the stewards, BA's etc. were pressuring members to vote yes. I was one of 70 to waste seven seconds and vote no.

Wow this is fishy. Either everyone follows the leader or something is going on here. No contract makes enough ppl happy to have it voted in favor. 1100-70.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Wow this is fishy. Either everyone follows the leader or something is going on here. No contract makes enough ppl happy to have it voted in favor. 1100-70.

Excellent healthcare plan, pension recently protected by the company, Patriots/Columbus/Veterans days paid working holidays----life is good in New England.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.

Excellent healthcare plan, pension recently protected by the company, Patriots/Columbus/Veterans days paid working holidays----life is good in New England.

Ok that pretty much all supplemental stuff. Nothing to do with the national.