Early Start

McGee

We do Target and Gap pickups every Saturday to ease the strain on local sort Monday. Allows us to have guys in early to start sorting the smalls and get everything in the trailer before the main sort starts. They filled a package car with Target alone yesterday. Should be interesting tomorrow.
They just dropped a feeder trailer at one here, they have so much!

SubPop79

Loader here...do we get lunch breaks? I gotta go in at 3 p.m. and will probably be there till 11 p.m. (hopefully). The last few peaks this wasn't an issue, but being a little more health conscious this year, I need to know.

hondo

promoted to mediocrity
Loader here...do we get lunch breaks? I gotta go in at 3 p.m. and will probably be there till 11 p.m. (hopefully). The last few peaks this wasn't an issue, but being a little more health conscious this year, I need to know.
If you want/need a lunch break, look up your state's laws about breaks (or call whatever state agency covers labor issues for that info). Most likely you are entitled to an unpaid break. Remind your FT supvr about said law, and you should be accommodated. Your union shop steward should be able to back you up.

For example, when I was PT preload shift and starting at 11:30 PM or midnight, I took a 30 minute unpaid break between 3 and 4 AM.

browner89

We're expecting to run 2pm-12am and get kicked out before finishing for the preload to start. Happened last year on this day as well. Bring food and hot chocolate if your building has a microwave accesible like ours!

browner89

If you want/need a lunch break, look up your state's laws about breaks (or call whatever state agency covers labor issues for that info). Most likely you are entitled to an unpaid break. Remind your FT supvr about said law, and you should be accommodated. Your union shop steward should be able to back you up.

For example, when I was PT preload shift and starting at 11:30 PM or midnight, I took a 30 minute unpaid break between 3 and 4 AM.

^ this, look it up. If you're in my state you're SOL. Part Time jobs are not entitled to a break because of job classification, but we're not the rule, more of an exception I believe.

Drink Craft Beer

Started at 1:50am, but for a usual Monday would be no earlier than 5:00am (start 3:30am tomorrow)

Sup stopped the unloading about 8:15am to get wrapped up, but still had 200% in the yard. I didn't ask why, but assumed cause package cars were pretty much full.

Returntosender

Started at 1:50am, but for a usual Monday would be no earlier than 5:00am (start 3:30am tomorrow)

Sup stopped the unloading about 8:15am to get wrapped up, but still had 200% in the yard. I didn't ask why, but assumed cause package cars were pretty much full.
West Coast grape vine, Ontario Air Hub, don't have enough planes to get the air packages out.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
We started at the usual 9:00 time and I left the building 35 minutes later. Our Preload stinks and it never will get any better. They did start the golf cart route on my area and I got an easy day without a Helper. I'm the Apex driver on our loop and they started the C route between the B route and myself. I will take any easy day I can before stuff hits the fan.

We started at the usual 9:00 time and I left the building 35 minutes later. Our Preload stinks and it never will get any better. They did start the golf cart route on my area and I got an easy day without a Helper. I'm the Apex driver on our loop and they started the C route between the B route and myself. I will take any easy day I can before stuff hits the fan.
A routes rule!