Earnings

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
ok, say those shares are still hte only outstanding..not sure that is the case...didnt they split once?

anyway....109,400,000 x $55/share = 6,017,000,000 /400,000 employees = $15042.50

make it happen.

The shares split before the IPO. Employee owners made out but its been a 10 year dud since. Could of bought it all back for 4 billion in March and profited a billion.

upssalesguy

UPS Defender
Insteada you planing to spend our money, shouldnt you be out there selling? After all, its you and you alone that can close that deal.

d

you are a real piece of work. I was just reporting the numbers. what are you so scared of everyday?

you are the one flying solo. i said we were a team. edit: i said it was you that couldnt negotiate a million dollar deal (i'm sure you are looking to copy an past some old posts) you would just say to the customer "but, but, but our drivers are so great".

you are such a simple man dannyboy.

Backlasher

Stronger, Faster, Browner
Key Phrase:

" Analysis: The people who run United Parcel Service are a tough bunch to satisfy. Nearly everybody else in the transport industry would die to earn $15 million net profit every day in the waning days of a recession. Not UPS. "

So to sum it up UPS in comparison to the rest of the industry is actualy performing well.

It's not how we are in comp to this quarter of past yrs. We need to be realistic and compar it to rest of industry in current economic conditions and when we see it from that perspective we are doing great.

So can I get off the on call thing and get back to working ????

tourists24

Key Phrase:

" Analysis: The people who run United Parcel Service are a tough bunch to satisfy. Nearly everybody else in the transport industry would die to earn $15 million net profit every day in the waning days of a recession. Not UPS. "

So to sum it up UPS in comparison to the rest of the industry is actualy performing well.

It's not how we are in comp to this quarter of past yrs. We need to be realistic and compar it to rest of industry in current economic conditions and when we see it from that perspective we are doing great.

So can I get off the on call thing and get back to working ????
but they cant show things that way Back.... that would show that we are actually not doing to bad right now all things considered....

dannyboy

From the promised LAND
you are the one flying solo. i said we were a team. edit: i said it was you that couldnt negotiate a million dollar deal (i'm sure you are looking to copy an past some old posts) you would just say to the customer "but, but, but our drivers are so great".

you are such a simple man dannyboy.

Your right, I do fly solo. I happen to own a business that UPS is screwing over every day, just like the ones I have been posting about.

And since I am the one that sells my business to the customer, I do know a thing or two about selling. I also have developed a keen sense of smell for con artists (by the way, did I mention that you really have a strange odor) in the business.

And while I have yet to negotiate that million dollar deal, I have negotiated several that get pretty close. And not too shabby either, considering I didnt have all the sales training and sales aids that others get to use, that are of course provided at no charge to those "sales guys" like you. And of course my business is yet young.

So before you shoot off at the mouth, consider that I was earning my way at UPS while you were still crapping your diaper. And those years of providing great service to the customer taught me something they cant teach at people school..........But then again, you have shown you would never understand.

d PS, I might be simple as you say, but I do not have self delusional visions of my importance to the cause.

upssalesguy

UPS Defender
Your right, I do fly solo. I happen to own a business that UPS is screwing over every day, just like the ones I have been posting about.

And since I am the one that sells my business to the customer, I do know a thing or two about selling. I also have developed a keen sense of smell for con artists (by the way, did I mention that you really have a strange odor) in the business.

And while I have yet to negotiate that million dollar deal, I have negotiated several that get pretty close. And not too shabby either, considering I didnt have all the sales training and sales aids that others get to use, that are of course provided at no charge to those "sales guys" like you. And of course my business is yet young.

So before you shoot off at the mouth, consider that I was earning my way at UPS while you were still crapping your diaper. And those years of providing great service to the customer taught me something they cant teach at people school..........But then again, you have shown you would never understand.

d PS, I might be simple as you say, but I do not have self delusional visions of my importance to the cause.

so it appears you have priorities that are not 100% UPS. that is a you problem, not a me problem. maybe if you didnt treat everyone as "delusional" UPS could help your business. switch to fedex, that will show 'em.

yes, you have been working at UPS longer than me....and for you to not know me and what I do during the day or appreciate my role at the company is an absolute insult.

i didnt learn this business at a school. i learned it by doing the same thing you have for allllllllll those years - serving our customers.

dannyboy

From the promised LAND
maybe if you didnt treat everyone as "delusional" UPS could help your business. switch to fedex, that will show 'em.

Alright, lets dance.

I got in a shipment of fish from upper Indiana on Friday. Sent them out next day air. Each box weighed 33-38 pounds, and there were 57 of them.

Tell me how you could get them from there to here by 10:30 the next day, for less than $20 bucks a box? Funny thing about fedex, they do things pretty well when it comes to servicing customers.

And here it is, as a business retail shop with regular hours and staff to sign, and the driver still insists on Driver releasing the packages (which then increases the revenue enhancements for that package) and ultimately me.

And because the regular driver gets here at 10:45-11AM with deliveries, but yet when routes get shuffled around Im lucky to get the deliveries that same day, and we dont close till 6PM.

that is a you problem, not a me problem
Yes sir, Ill bet you use that on customers when they approach you with problems like I have. Its all about you, not the customer.

So try again. When you have something of value to sell, please let me and all the other team members know, will ya?

d

dannyboy

From the promised LAND
and for you to not know me and what I do during the day or appreciate my role at the company is an absolute insult.
What, insult? Ill bet you forgot all those insults you let fly against all the other "team members" didnt you.

What a loser. You want everybody to be on your team, as long as they let you carry the ball all by yourself. YEah, I know, team has a "me" in it, but only if it's backwards, like your view of teamwork seems to be.

I am not usually negative. Its the head in the clouds dreamers that think they alone have all the answers that bring that out.

d

upssalesguy

UPS Defender
you would bet wrong

i really dont follow you at all...so you got a shipment of fish....that you sent out NDA for 1030 delivery, there were 57 of them? that you do for $20 per package? and if the routes get shuffled you dont get your nda until 10:45? and a driver wants to driver release them? and that is my fault?

and you ask me how I would get them somewhere? settle down, danny. no one wants to dance with a delusional driver.

what the **** are you talking about head in the clouds? if you felt insulted, then please note what tourist said in the other thread "sometimes people just come here to let off steam"

when did i say I have all the answers? it sure seems like you think YOU have all the answers.

loser.

Best!

UPSsalesguy

dannyboy

From the promised LAND
when did i say I have all the answers?
When you said that you and you alone were the only person that could close the sale. Forget that did you?

i really dont follow you at all...so you got a shipment of fish....that you sent out NDA for 1030 delivery, there were 57 of them? that you do for $20 per package? and if the routes get shuffled you dont get your nda until 10:45? and a driver wants to driver release them? and that is my fault?
I figured telling you more than one fact at a time would be to tough for you to keep straight. I guess I was right.

d

upssalesguy

UPS Defender
danny, please, find where i said i alone could close the sale. you were mocking my team comments...so if its not the team...is it you?

your post with the facts makes no sense. i still cant tell if you got screwed on the delivery side or your customers got screwed when you shipped them packages. i did follow where it is somehow UPS's fault and you think fedex can do just as well. are you saying their DRIVERS can service their customers better? that is an insult to all the UPS drivers, not me.

best!

UPSsalesguy.

dannyboy

From the promised LAND
Pman, I appologize for hijacking your thread. I will continue the spanking of SG elsewhere.

Although he does bring out another of his delusional posts here
ok, say those shares are still hte only outstanding..not sure that is the case...didnt they split once?

anyway....109,400,000 x $55/share = 6,017,000,000 /400,000 employees = $15042.50

make it happen.
Funny, a large percentage of our employees are part time, and 15 grand is more than they make in a year.

Make it happen my big ole fuzzy butt.

What a putz

d

upssalesguy

UPS Defender
Pman, I appologize for hijacking your thread. I will continue the spanking of SG elsewhere.

Although he does bring out another of his delusional posts here Funny, a large percentage of our employees are part time, and 15 grand is more than they make in a year.

Make it happen my big ole fuzzy butt.

What a putz

d

when did i say everyone had to participate. 15k is not that much in the grand scheme of things...its the company that needs to make it happen you people. i was on the side of the people saying we should go back private.

god your hate for all things management is sickening.

FedEX 4 Life

when did i say everyone had to participate. 15k is not that much in the grand scheme of things...its the company that needs to make it happen you people. i was on the side of the people saying we should go back private.

god your hate for all things management is sickening.
oh be quiet,stop posting