Earrings

yeldarb

He's 29 apparently u didn't read all the posts

True...I must of zoned out because I have a hard time taking a adult man seriously when they are acting like a high schooler. Never did understand why anyone, especially an adult man would want a huge hole in their ear...let alone an earring.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
It is a routine and customary practice in the United States... as well as in many other parts of the world....for newborn male infants to have the foreskin of their penis surgically removed.

While this custom has its origins in ancient religious practices, the reality is that most people today choose to circumcize their children simply so that they will look "normal." Circumcision serves no legitimate medical purpose whatsoever.

Why is it considered "normal" for women to have multiple earrings in both ears, yet for men it is only marginally acceptible to pierce one ear and then only if a stud is worn?

Why is breast enhancement for women considered socially acceptable and even desireable? Breasts are mammary glands whose function is to produce milk for offspring. What logical purpose is served by cutting them open and enlarging them with bags of silicone? And why is it considered socially acceptable and desireable for women to wear uncomfortable bras that squish and push these mammary glands into an unnatural and almost upright position? Why do women (and sometimes men) undergo plastic surgery on their faces or inject Botox into their lips and foreheads?

Why are tattoos acceptable or desireable? Why do women (or sometimes men) pour chemicals into their hair to change its color? Why do men (and sometimes women) spend large sums of money on wigs, hairpieces, weaves, cornrows, dreadlocks, mohawks, or drugs and surgery to prevent or reverse baldness on their scalps? Why do women spend money gluing fake fingernails onto the ends of their real ones, or on painting their fingernails and toenails? Why do we spend money on gold caps for our teeth, or on chemicals to whiten our teeth?

I dont expect any answers to these questions. I am merely pointing out that, if you really stop and think about it, we as humans collectively do a helluva lot of weird, unnatural and downright bizzarre stuff to our bodies for no reason other than to change our appearance. My personal opinion of gauged ear-holes is that they look silly, and it is not a choice I would ever make....but they are downright tame compared to some of the more common forms of body modification that have become routine in our society.

moreluck

golden ticket member
I remember when the Beatles came on the scene, parents and preachers were appalled by their long hair......and now, they'd be considered pretty clean cut!

rod

Retired 22 years
I remember when the Beatles came on the scene, parents and preachers were appalled by their long hair......and now, they'd be considered pretty clean cut!

Ever boy at school wanted to have a "Beatle" haircut---myself included. My parents went along with it but my Dad would use "giving me a haircut" as one of his prime means of punishment when I screwed up---which was fairly often so I never really had "long" hair until after I retired. Nothing like an Old Hippie you know. Now I keep it pretty well shaved because its so freekin hot this summer.

menotyou

bella amicizia
Even though I agree with what Sober said, I sometimes wonder why these people with the 'gauge' earrings haven't graduated to the lip plate.
409333_1753295010066_1769663470_869430_1609357926_n.jpg

Their lip can look like this when they aren't wearing it.
200px-Mursi_woman.jpg

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lip_plate

Just a thought. :bigsmile2:

200px-Mursi_woman.jpg
409333_1753295010066_1769663470_869430_1609357926_n.jpg

bluehdmc

The look on my then stepson's face when he came in the house with an earring. (He'd been talking about it for months, he was 15.) When I said, "Wrong ear."
Priceless!!!

old brown shoe

30 year driver
Fads come and go and even though I really don't like the stretched out earlobe look.What a great place to hang your key fob and you could hook your sunglasses in the other ear when you go inside to deliver. When I first hired on my boss called and said cut that damn long hair get some shinny shoes and get your butt down here. Best hair cut I ever had and never have regretted it. But will grow it back out as soon as I leave.

Covemastah

Hoopah drives the boat Chief !!
Earrings , hats on side ways, pants falling down,tons of bling !!! I cant believe how the standards have lowered, and to think I was sent to the SS office years ago for not having a belt ! LOL LOL

over9five

Staff member
Earrings , hats on side ways, pants falling down,tons of bling !!! I cant believe how the standards have lowered, and to think I was sent to the SS office years ago for not having a belt ! LOL LOL

Yup, or God forbid a black t-shirt instead of a brown or white one!

I think I have seen her at a New York Thruway rest area !! Recognize her Ovah ???
I think I saw her getting out of your truck!!!!!