Earthquake

wkmac

A chasm will open up along the coast line and swallow us up, and then AZ will be the place to be!!!!:knockedout:

How's that work for your "quantum mechanics theory"?:wink2:

I thought the whole falling into the ocean scenario had in fact been disproven or at least held in real suspect. Couple of million years you might be able to take the Mrs' for seafood dinner at S.friend. Fisherman's Wharf is the thinking now!

Actually this falling into the ocean thing does work for me in this way. No more illegal alien problem as they all seem to be there according to some. The retirees in California would no longer be a drain on SS and medicare and the sudden removal of all that real estate from the national real estate market would boost my real estate values so yeah, it does work for me!
:wink2:

Opps forgot one. Your State is bankrupt and I see a federal bailout coming so there again, a win/win for me in federal debt savings.

Seriously, I'm not worried about the "Big Falloff" but with all the recent quakes around and especially Chile to your south on the same Pacific Rim, I am concerned about you guys having a big earthquake. Some might see a broke window as a good economic stimulus but I'm not willing to risk the potential of broken human beings for all the stimulus in the world! Yeah even if it means no SS or medicare and my real estate value falls to zero.

Stumbled on an article a few months ago about the Yellowstone Caldera and at the time just shrugged it off. Not much I can do anyway. Then you add in Haiti, Argentina, Chile and now you guys, one has to scratch their head and wonder if this is by chance or is something up and I'm not thinking of Jesus coming either? It's a question with no way to answer as I see it but you guys live with earthquakes (we tend to think you have them all the time, it's in the movies you know) so normal activity, not normal activity or like me just no idea right now?

Pkgrunner

Till I Collapse
No major damages or power outages here, but some elevators in high rises in LA have malfunctioned. It DOES remind you how powerful Mother Earth can be. Not a boring Easter day now!

I was playing COD Modern Warfare with my son when my wife shouted downstairs "when is it going to stop"---I thought she was complaining about the surround sound being too loud...If it wasn't for that, I may not have even noticed it.

It did seem to last a while but when no "big jolt" occurred after the first 20 or so seconds I figured it was pretty far away.....It felt pretty much the same as the 2 Lander's quakes did.

Growing up in LA county I experienced the Sylmar, Whittier and Northridge Earthquakes. All started out as a rumble that soon erupted into a violent jolt. So whenever we have an earthquake I am always waiting for that big Jolt.

Knowing of the Puente Hills Thrust fault underneath LA was one of the main reasons I moved from LA. I chose my current geographic location based on earthquake shake-map info.....So Far, So Good....:peaceful:

wkmac

As long as there's gonna be chasms opening up.......can Pelosi, Boxer & Feinstein fall in one ??
Is there a limit or can we suggest others for your party? Maybe we get some kind of break from the Earth Fire God for quantity.
:happy-very:

Come to think of it, Pelosi, Boxer and Feinstein, I see a global killer thing if we feed them 3 to the Earth Fire God as he'd preceive our sacrifice as unworthy and an insult. Come to think of it, I see his or her point!
:wink2:

rod

Retired 22 years
Last I heard everything west of the Mississipp River is suppose to fall off.---Sure glad I live on the east bank. I'm guessing that ocean front property is worth even more than river front property. Crap --there go my taxes again.

moreluck

golden ticket member
Maybe California will strip away and float out and become an island, like Hawaii. We'll be a huge destination spot......You won't have to fly those extra 5 hours to Hawaii.

klein

Für Meno :)
That quake was much larger then the Haiti one, was said on the news yesterday.
Just the Building codes are much higher in Mexico, and therfor only minimal damage accured.

So, by all means. All credit to Mexico !

moreluck

golden ticket member
The building codes in Mexico are **** compared to CA. Haiti's quake was much bigger than Baja's quake........your info. is flawed.

klein

Für Meno :)
The building codes in Mexico are **** compared to CA. Haiti's quake was much bigger than Baja's quake........your info. is flawed.

I know I seen it on the news yesterday :

Why Mexico earthquake, stronger than Haiti's, did much less damage

The magnitude 7.2 Mexico earthquake on Sunday, centered in northern Baja California, did not inflict nearly the damage that the 7.0 earthquake did in Haiti. Credit quake-resistant building standards and, perhaps, the distance of population centers from the epicenters.

P

pickup

I was on the phone , at the time the quake started, with a relative who lives in san diego. It was cool to get the vicarious thrill of an earthquake without having to be in one. My relative has lived in Southern California for over 40 years and said she never felt one as strong as this one.