Easiest way to keep track of bonus check hours

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by scoutlover, Mar 4, 2014.

1. scoutlover

scoutlover Member

I have kept all of my paychecks since I've been hired, and I feel I need to go back through them (since Aug 1st) and start a running tally of how many hours I've worked so I'm not shorted any when we finally get the bonus check. Is there an easier way to calculate how many hours of straight time and overtime online? Could a supervisor pull up a report showing hours since then, or am I gonna be better off going check by check?

Sent using BrownCafe App
  2. cosmo1

cosmo1 Just another internet hooligan.

Bonus check?
  3. alwaysoverallowed

alwaysoverallowed Active Member

They mean retro and I'm going to be optimistic and say UPS pays us correctly bc if they don't that would be a huge headache, but I am keeping track.
  4. DriveInDriveOut

DriveInDriveOut The One Who Knocks

That's assuming your paychecks are right in the first place. You should really keep track of your hours yourself, and not leave UPS on the honor system to pay you correctly.

BSWALKS Easily Amused

Total hours worked 2013, subtract total hours worked up til August 2013. Add your total hours worked on last check of 2014. Multiply by .70, that's what you are owed, up to that point
  6. UpstateNYUPSer

UpstateNYUPSer Very proud grandfather.

What about the $1.05 for OT hours?

Sent using BrownCafe App
  7. cachsux

cachsux Wah

There'll be straight time, OT, and double time.

I keep a running total in the Notes section on my iPhone.

BSWALKS Easily Amused

Missed the o/t in the original post. Cashux gave better advice. Did you offer any?
  9. Wally

Wally Hailing from Parts Unknown.

The DIAD should give the paid day right before one punches out IMO. Shouldn't be too hard to do and would make it real hard for management to monkey with hours.
  10. DriveInDriveOut

DriveInDriveOut The One Who Knocks

Well us hub rats here clock in on a digital time clock, yet somehow I've had 2 paychecks wrong just in the past year.

Someone does actually go in and manually put in people's time for some reason, or so they say. I'm sure no one in management would go so low as to shave time from people to make their numbers. Probably just an accident.
  11. jumpman23

jumpman23 Oh Yeah

And all your overtime hours x 1.05
  12. UpstateNYUPSer

This has already been covered----try to keep up.
  13. I go to the summery and i write down my stop, pkgs, cod's, dr, miles, my start time, punch out , and my under, over, i then have a log book that i have been logging all this since 4 yrs. Before i leave i have them pull up my over under, and on Thurs, i add my hrs. and bonus up and then i check the web and it better add up. I can tell you that if you add up the same work days from now to 2 yrs ago we are getting less bonus and we are going out with more work...
  14. upschuck

upschuck Well-Known Member

Every week I put it in a spreadsheet. It is getting pretty long and big.
  15. Pooter

Pooter Active Member

Im going to use Upsers when the check comes. Far from accurate but meh, not stressing over it.
  16. cachsux

cachsux Wah

And balls were already busted for it----try and keep up.
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  17. PiedmontSteward

PiedmontSteward RTW-4-Less

TDU put up a Retro Pay calculator back in August 2013: http://tdu.org/news/ups-retro-pay-calculator

I've had to change the dates manually since January 1st and created a second file, but I'll be over $700 after this week's check.
  18. Word around our center is ups is trying to cut pt 500$ checks and ft 1000$ checks for back pay. Anyone else hearing this?
  19. UpstateNYUPSer

That's untrue.

Sent using BrownCafe App
  20. Jj1213

Jj1213 Need that full time

What bout OT?