Easy Christmas....

LTFedExer

This has to be, by far, the easiest Xmas I've had (it's my 12th). Yesterday we didn't get Memphis till 3:30 to deliver today. So we expected today to be really bad. But, because so many business's were closed, it helped a ton. PM drivers came in the to deliver, managers went out to deliver, business routes sucked up the resi's around them, etc. Just about every courier was off the clock by 4:00, 4:30 at the latest.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
This has to be, by far, the easiest Xmas I've had (it's my 12th). Yesterday we didn't get Memphis till 3:30 to deliver today. So we expected today to be really bad. But, because so many business's were closed, it helped a ton. PM drivers came in the to deliver, managers went out to deliver, business routes sucked up the resi's around them, etc. Just about every courier was off the clock by 4:00, 4:30 at the latest.

Your station may be the exception to the rule. Someone just told me MT3 had mandated numerous stations to do deliveries tomorrow because they have so many Code 01's. I'm aware of one entire area (large rural community) that was just not delivered at all today. Not a single package.

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
Your station may be the exception to the rule. Someone just told me MT3 had mandated numerous stations to do deliveries tomorrow because they have so many Code 01's. I'm aware of one entire area (large rural community) that was just not delivered at all today. Not a single package.

MT3 sucks. Employees can't control the weather. People have lives and families too.

You can bet his fat ass ain't ever worked on Christmas day.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
MT3 sucks. Employees can't control the weather. People have lives and families too.

You can bet his fat ass ain't ever worked on Christmas day.

Check-out the post where FedExGuy says there are 10 trailers sitting at the ramp/station with FRIDAY freight. MT3 is under Fred's desk right now doing "damage control". Wonder how Spin Control will handle this one? Hey Maury, time to get on the Batphone and explain it all away. Good luck.

Last edited:

Cactus

Check-out the post where FedExGuy says there are 10 trailers sitting at the ramp/station with FRIDAY freight. MT3 is under Fred's desk right now doing "damage control". Wonder how Spin Control will handle this one? Hey Maury, time to get on the Batphone and explain it all away. Good luck.

It would be most excellent if every shipper filed major claims, like they should.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
It would be most excellent if every shipper filed major claims, like they should.

If all else fails, LIE!! I would assume that a lot of that stuff sitting undelivered is either perishable, a gift...or both. What will the excuse be?

probellringer

shippers will be happy to know BROWN will get it done....sales reps should jump all over this--WE have capacity to handle it...it was so nice getting done early yesterday--passed the fedex lot on my way to family gathering at 8pm last night...it was full!!! one thing about ups---they want us with our family on xmas....great job ALL around ...sorry fedex...but thats foul

FedExer267

shippers will be happy to know BROWN will get it done....sales reps should jump all over this--WE have capacity to handle it...it was so nice getting done early yesterday--passed the fedex lot on my way to family gathering at 8pm last night...it was full!!! one thing about ups---they want us with our family on xmas....great job ALL around ...sorry fedex...but thats foul
Yep its pretty sad. FedEx dropped the ball again and they wonder why UPS drivers deliver over 300 stops when are counts go up 50 max from normal. It dosent help when they dont know what they are doing and it definatley dosent help when the drivers give them the service they pay for atleast on the Ground side.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member

The UPS drivers in my area were on road by 0830 every morning, which is about their usual leave building time. We didn't leave until 1030 several mornings and never before 0940 this past week. Recipe for disaster.

FedExer267

The UPS drivers in my area would all meet up to get late freight from the building it would get shuttled out to them. Thats much better than blowing off trailers til the next day.

probellringer

yes we got stuff brought out to us--it was minimal <5 stops....i know when fedex brings stuff out -its like 25 + stops...sad part of it all is---managers and fred will spin it so its the DRIVERS fault....fedex might really want to look into hiring seasonal employees---its not like they are against having ind. contractors and cutting corners...

FedExer267

Besides having IC's to get around paying the cost of doing business I personally believe it is a way for FedEx to shift blame onto all those little trucking companies they have in their terminals. Thats why when I have a upset customer I say unfortunatley you get what you pay for what happens is out of my control although FedEx would lead you to believe it is my fault. Unfortunatley when you get paid 10 bucks a hour thats the quality of service your going to get there is no waiting around for pick ups no reattempted delievery the sameday we want to be off the clock as soon as possible because the longer we work the less we make.
There is always UPS atleast their employees get treated right.

vantexan

Speaking of easy, another courier and I sat down at the station today from 0900 to 1300 to handle people coming by with doortags. Only one person showed up plus we rexed a bad address on a pkg to go out Monday. Other than that just sat. Hope we do it next year.

Mr. 7

The monkey on the left.
Speaking of easy, another courier and I sat down at the station today from 0900 to 1300 to handle people coming by with doortags. Only one person showed up plus we rexed a bad address on a pkg to go out Monday. Other than that just sat. Hope we do it next year.
Must have been nice on double time and a half.

DorkHead

MrFedEx , you are mostly correct on this unfortunate situation. But, seeing that the revenue for these pkgs has already been collected, I think the PR dept will most likely focus on only the positive numbers of this peak. You won`t hear a peep about the failures, even if they`re pressed about it.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
MrFedEx , you are mostly correct on this unfortunate situation. But, seeing that the revenue for these pkgs has already been collected, I think the PR dept will most likely focus on only the positive numbers of this peak. You won`t hear a peep about the failures, even if they`re pressed about it.

Yep, I agree. We'll only hear how "wonderful" Peak was, and nothing of the screw-ups. The PR machine is cranked-up and ready to spread more manure for 2011. Maury L. (head of PR) is the master of doublespeak and corporate nonsense. Even when FedEx is about to lose (another) lawsuit, he'll state that "FedEx will vigorously defend itself against these spurious claims" while the company is already in the midst of negotiating a huge settlement. It will be the same garbage for the mess that was Peak this year.

Cactus

You got that right.

Hype your sucesses and quietly sweep your failures under the rug. So relax it's FedEx.

DOWNTRODDEN IN TEXAS

Peak at my station sucked the big one!! Late leaving the building everyday, 3x the volume than was planned for and not enough trucks (even with the rentals!) or equipment.

We had extended routes leaving out at twice capacity and in one "high falutin" (that's rich to any non-Southerners..lol) there were the 7 normal routes plus 6 help routes that left out 3 days in a row with over 200 stops each. We had dispatch calling people back in without finishing routes because of a massive lack of all equipment....then people wonder why we are so stressed out!