Eat the rich! Not so fast.

TearsInRain

IE boogeyman
The rich get a break because they pay more taxes then the middle and lower classes. Thus there are willing to spend more back into development, either into their own company, into others or making new ones.

total nonsense

trickle-down economics is considered a scam amongst economists and has almost been totally debunked outside of talk-radio and Tea-Party meetings

wkmac

To focus on the theory that "rich people create jobs" - what has always bothered me about that is then why is there any unemployment at all?

If wealth begets wealth, and the richest nation in the world has unemployment, then what hope is there for the rest of the world?

Excellent point Brown.

To further your point on jobs, I found the comments quoted below most interesting and not only do they support your comment but it goes along with so many others I've seen in discussing jobs and a healthy economy over the years.

As companies navigate our current “economic winter,” I wish more emphasis would be placed on the small-and-medium sized business sector and entrepreneurship as keys to jump start the recovery to catapult us into the next “economic spring.”
It’s a fact that small-and-medium sized businesses (or enterprises, also defined as SMBs and SMEs) definitely help the economy.
More than 98% of all U.S. businesses are considered SMBs, and those companies are responsible for more than 45% of all private payrolls and 80% of the new jobs created over the past decade.
SMBs are big business, and more than carry their weight in the business arena. In fact, they are the business arena.

source

This is also another reason in another thread I stated we need to start thinking and acting local.

Lue C Fur

Evil member
Yes there is a cap but only for those who take the federal gov't $$.
Which both said that they would, but bho changed his tune and excepted $$ for everyone in the world.

I think that was Barrys first promise (First Lie) that he broke...the lefty media did not say anything about it though.

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
total nonsense

trickle-down economics is considered a scam amongst economists and has almost been totally debunked outside of talk-radio and Tea-Party meetings

reaganomics.jpg
reaganomics.jpg

ORLY!?!

Master Loader
To focus on the theory that "rich people create jobs" - what has always bothered me about that is then why is there any unemployment at all?

If wealth begets wealth, and the richest nation in the world has unemployment, then what hope is there for the rest of the world?

In the Roman times, the worlds first super power, there where beggers, theives and unemployment. Same thing here and then, people look for other means of making a life out any situation. One of the those situations is to choose to not work and beg or steal. The Romans choose to deal with it by sending those types to the lions. Here in America you get sent to jail if you steal. If you choose not to work you can get wic, food stamps and wellfare ( dole ).

All the great nations had the problem of the poor and theives and those who wouldnt work. Why should America be any different? The blacks often figure themselves owed due to slavery. So the majority of them choose to live off the dole and food help. Illeagels flock to this country to drop a kid and get citizenship, thus free money, food and shelter. America attracts those with no mind to all to work. People rather live their lives in claspes of the US government oversight then work and make something into what was used to be called the American dream.

At least the Romans had free bread and circuses at one time.

Last edited:

ORLY!?!

Master Loader
total nonsense

I really dont understand what you're trying to say here. But ill try to explain my answer to you a little more.

A great example of how the rich do their part. UPS does a lot of spend back into self development. Thusly requiring a trucking company, retreading and a vast of others. They spend a lot back so they can expand, and expand means requiring more employement. This is called economic development.

By placing taxes upon this company and others, they think twice about hiring more people. As the bubble burst in the housing development and barrels of oils going bananas, companies are really not hiring. I talk to a friend the other day I havnt spoken with for sometime. Of course this person ends up having a child. Well, shes applying here and there, over all a lot of places and no ones hiring. This is called economic recession.

Now you guys want to tax them even more. Great idea guys, keep firing them out, k!

TearsInRain

IE boogeyman
By placing taxes upon this company and others..

Now you guys want to tax them even more. Great idea guys, keep firing them out, k!

hold up there chief, who ever said anything about raising taxes on corporations?

i'm talking about raising taxes on INDIVIDUALS

corporate tax rates are high enough and can be avoided easily enough anyways

individual tax rates, above the 200K mark, have gone completely to hell under Reagan and Bush II

the last time tax rates on the rich were this low was in 1929, if that rings a bell....

ORLY!?!

Master Loader
hold up there chief, who ever said anything about raising taxes on corporations?

i'm talking about raising taxes on INDIVIDUALS

corporate tax rates are high enough and can be avoided easily enough anyways

individual tax rates, above the 200K mark, have gone completely to hell under Reagan and Bush II

the last time tax rates on the rich were this low was in 1929, if that rings a bell....

Ok, so you want to raise taxes on people making 200,000, like Obama says. Well sure, why not. But what do those people do then? Are they docters, lawyers? Do they have college degrees? Did they really earn that money truthfully? Did they work really hard, have employees to consider and manage? Does it make you want to earn 200,000 a year as well, oooh now thats nail bitter.

Then we will be wanting to raise them on people making 100,000. Then 50,000 and so on and so on. Its not the best option on the table, infact its probably the worst option out there. As I said, does it make you want to make 200,000 a year? Or do people making that much money upset you in some way? After all this is America, last I checked, or you want to start calling people comrade? Bioshock, any one play it?

http://www.youtube.com/embed/iTH7hYxRnAQ

The crash back then was more of a rampant rumor. A rumor that the banks and government where going to start taking control of funds in banks, stock markets... pretty much anything worthwhile. As this was going across the country, people did the obvious and pulled everything out of the banks, stock markets, futures etc etc. Thus the market came crashing down, rationing set in.

Lue C Fur

Evil member
Ok, so you want to raise taxes on people making 200,000, like Obama says. Well sure, why not. But what do those people do then? Are they docters, lawyers? Do they have college degrees? Did they really earn that money truthfully? Did they work really hard, have employees to consider and manage? Does it make you want to earn 200,000 a year as well, oooh now thats nail bitter.
I agree...why penalize a person for working hard and getting an education only to get taxed more? It cost that person more time, money, and hard work to get where he is at. What is the incentive to work hard and make more money if the govt is just going to tax you more. This govt rewards failure.
Then we will be wanting to raise them on people making 100,000. Then 50,000 and so on and so on. Its not the best option on the table, infact its probably the worst option out there. As I said, does it make you want to make 200,000 a year? Or do people making that much money upset you in some way? After all this is America, last I checked, or you want to start calling people comrade? Bioshock, any one play it?

http://www.youtube.com/embed/iTH7hYxRnAQ

Bioshock was a great game although i did not think part 2 was that good. The next installment is in the sky!!!:weird:

The crash back then was more of a rampant rumor. A rumor that the banks and government where going to start taking control of funds in banks, stock markets... pretty much anything worthwhile. As this was going across the country, people did the obvious and pulled everything out of the banks, stock markets, futures etc etc. Thus the market came crashing down, rationing set in.

ORLY!?!

Master Loader
I agree ten fold. Where is it that people who earn more because they did more for it you tax them more, or give them healthcare options no one can afford it? Huh, are you're gonna to start the stright up decline for those jobs over all? Are you gonna start the decline for those to work hard and harder at those jobs?

Sure the government rewards fails and losers. But revert back to the movie planet of the apes ( not the new one, the old one ). One of the gorillas points out that they invested into a welfare program that almost bankrupt them. Its the same here! Sure people need it just in case, but its taken advantage of so much that it really needs reform ( along the many things in this country ). Its a hand up not a hand out, dont abuse it.

Bioshock is great! I have it for PC and xbox360 ( xbox is better ). The build up for it is beautiful, the relationship to those times; uncanny. Plus shooter and realistic landscapes makes this almost as being in a crazy run amuck world. Great game, cant wait to play 2. Still rather play a 2k game them most. Have you played borderlands yet? God lord thats a great game!

Last edited:

Lue C Fur

Evil member
Bioshock is great! I have it for PC and xbox360 ( xbox is better ). The build up for it is beautiful, the relationship to those times; uncanny. Plus shooter and realistic landscapes makes this almost as being in a crazy run amuck world. Great game, cant wait to play 2. Still rather play a 2k game them most. Have you played borderlands yet? God lord thats a great game!

We have a 360 and you do need to get part 2. Its not as long as the first but is still a great game...just not as good as the first one. I think the new one comes out this fall. We played Borderlands and never bought the downloads for it though. Now they have a game of the year edition that has all the updates so i think we will pick that up and play it again. Take Two puts out some great games...Duke Nukem is back this June.:happy-very:

TearsInRain

IE boogeyman
Then we will be wanting to raise them on people making 100,000. Then 50,000 and so on and so on.
complete logical fallacy, there is no basis to support that claim

Or do people making that much money upset you in some way? After all this is America, last I checked, or you want to start calling people comrade? Bioshock, any one play it?

you are aware that Bioshock was mocking Ayn Rand and Objectivism as being completely bat**** insane, right?

Ayn Rand was a complete sociopath who openly admired serial killers and openly admitted she used the same methods of persuasion the Bolsheviks used

she also died of lung cancer, alone, after calling medical reports against smoking "communist propaganda" :wacko:

brett636

you are aware that Bioshock was mocking Ayn Rand and Objectivism as being completely bat**** insane, right?

Ayn Rand was a complete sociopath who openly admired serial killers and openly admitted she used the same methods of persuasion the Bolsheviks used

she also died of lung cancer, alone, after calling medical reports against smoking "communist propaganda" :wacko:

She died of heart failure in 1982, but was treated for Lung Cancer in 1974. Considering the time period she lived in smoking was a much more socially acceptable habit and she herself was a heavy smoker. I can't find any references to her saying medical reports against smoking was "communist propaganda", but considering the source and obviously wrong statements you have made I am not surprised by this.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ayn_Rand

ORLY!?!

Master Loader
We have a 360 and you do need to get part 2. Its not as long as the first but is still a great game...just not as good as the first one. I think the new one comes out this fall. We played Borderlands and never bought the downloads for it though. Now they have a game of the year edition that has all the updates so i think we will pick that up and play it again. Take Two puts out some great games...Duke Nukem is back this June.:happy-very:

Wanna play 2 badly, im the type to wait till the new games drop around 20 dollars or so. I can really seeing paying 50 bucks for something thats new and will drop 30 in 6 months a year in time. Thus my game collection is bigger because of it. 2k makes some great freaken games man. I believe someone over there has a thing for vending machines, since both have them. Great graphics, great story line thus one fantastic games: both will steal your souls. Yet I try to stay away from them both, playing them I find a lose so much time in those games because they are brillant.

ORLY!?!

Master Loader

I support the claim on the Florida lottery. The state comes out and claims they will go into voting about a lottery that will aid schools in the state financially ( thus never having to put money into the system by the state to pay for any of it ever / never again ). It gets pasted of course. Years later the stat claims it needs to rethink their taxes inorder to pay for education. Thus various taxes come up to vote throughout the years, full cent taxes, half cent taxes. Most of them past too!

When there ought to be a tax, their ought not be to a tax. There are many ramifications of laws and taxes. Once they tax or get it passed, whats in the way of them debatting onto more taxes after that? There is NON! Who let the bulls out of their pin again? They will always find a reason, thought or rhyme to tax you more, never forgive it!

TearsInRain

IE boogeyman
I support the claim on the Florida lottery. The state comes out and claims they will go into voting about a lottery that will aid schools in the state financially ( thus never having to put money into the system by the state to pay for any of it ever / never again ). It gets pasted of course. Years later the stat claims it needs to rethink their taxes inorder to pay for education. Thus various taxes come up to vote throughout the years, full cent taxes, half cent taxes. Most of them past too!

that's actually a perfect example of how our tax system is completely screwed up, in regards to who collects (fed, state, county) and what each spends the collected money on

education tax should be collected Federally and preferably administered by the Counties, but some of those laws on the books go back a really long time and are defended by people who want to believe it's still that time

conservative or liberal, i think pretty much anyone who looks at that whole setup will agree it needs reform, in one direction or another

TearsInRain

IE boogeyman
She died of heart failure in 1982, but was treated for Lung Cancer in 1974. Considering the time period she lived in smoking was a much more socially acceptable habit and she herself was a heavy smoker. I can't find any references to her saying medical reports against smoking was "communist propaganda", but considering the source and obviously wrong statements you have made I am not surprised by this.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ayn_Rand

heart failure is brought on by many causes, but an extremely large number of those deaths are brought on by stress factors, such as, ding ding ding, smoking!

you should try to find better sources than wikipedia though, try reading some of her books, i've read them all, she's nuts and one of the worst philosophers i've had the displeasure of reading, almost as bad as Mein Kampf

moreluck

golden ticket member
I have no opinion......But, if you read one of her books and it was bad, why did you continue to read anything written by her????