Econ info

dannyboy

From the promised LAND
I would like to gather information from across the BC on just how bad falsification of records actually is. That also would include falsification of the time card that is management approved.

If you would, send me a PM and I will send you an email address. Now, I dont want a ton of accusations, I want hard proof. Dates, shipper numbers, names and instructions given.

As a retired driver, UPS cant retaliate against me, as they could with current employees.

So lets see how this plays out.

d

over9five

Staff member
I'll add a bit that doesn't have to be emailed, I guess to show it's not everywhere.

I've been out of Package for several months...again...but while in Package my center never asked us to sheet econ, unless it was. When we had packages that we had previously sent a message on that we couldn't deliver, we would get a reminder message to "sheet as missed by 1700 if we couldn't deliver".

FWIW

dannyboy

From the promised LAND
Some people try to change things if they can. Never know unless you try.

Others are very content with the status quo.

To each their own.

d

I would like to gather information from across the BC on just how bad falsification of records actually is. That also would include falsification of the time card that is management approved.

If you would, send me a PM and I will send you an email address. Now, I dont want a ton of accusations, I want hard proof. Dates, shipper numbers, names and instructions given.

As a retired driver, UPS cant retaliate against me, as they could with current employees.

d
I just hope you don't piss integrity off with this one. I have sensed a bit of hostility in his posts lately and this could put him over them EDGE.

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
What needs to be changed is the term Emergency Conditions. We can't deliver to northern Japan because of Emergency Conditions. A foot of snow on a side street is not an Emergency Condition it's a Delayed by Weather.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
What needs to be changed is the term Emergency Conditions. We can't deliver to northern Japan because of Emergency Conditions. A foot of snow on a side street is not an Emergency Condition it's a Delayed by Weather.

Around here a foot of snow would be an emergency because we have very few snowplows and a one-foot accumulation only occurs once in a hundred years or so. "ECON" vs "Delayed by Weather" is merely a debate over semantics....I think the real issue is when ECON gets used to hide packages that were missed due to over-dispatching. Wanting to look good on a report is not an emergency.

UnconTROLLed

perfection
Around here a foot of snow would be an emergency because we have very few snowplows and a one-foot accumulation only occurs once in a hundred years or so. "ECON" vs "Delayed by Weather" is merely a debate over semantics....I think the real issue is when ECON gets used to hide packages that were missed due to over-dispatching. Wanting to look good on a report is not an emergency.

If a center manager must hide missed pkgs to save his job while not showing up on a report, that is an emergency condition to the well-being of said job. It's open to interpetation depending on who uses it.

The ambiguity of these codes is designed to allow open interpetation and liberal uses of itself. If there were streamlined and pigeon-holed process and actual ramifications for abusing misassigning package exceptions, the company would ultimately have less success where it really concerns itself, happy and successful shareholders.

dannyboy

From the promised LAND
Easy there 9fiver, stealing is such a harsh word. I prefer assisting.

I have worked for managers that were sticklers for integrity in sheeting service failures as such, I have also worked for some that, wink wink told you to sheet it as no such whatever, or known closed, or econ.

Actually one of the latter, is now in Atlanta. He does resemble Hoax, but Hoax has hair.

The main reason for his departure was several sexual harassment grievances, and one for personal assault. I actually witnessed one of the former where he berated a female driver in front of other employees, and had done so in front of customers as well (verified by speaking to the customers)

I also assisted in filing the second, as I saw it happen first hand. IT was against a loader, who had his back to the rear of the truck, while loading a package, and the manager threw (over handed pitch style) a package and hit him in the upper back/neck area. Neither knew I was watching from the cab until after the package was airborne.

This same guy I have on tape instructing me to falsify records, both delivery and time card records.

What is of great interest is that in his office was hung with pride a plaque that proclaimed he had successfully completed UPS's people skills course.

So, we will see if contacting Atlanta will produce results.

d

Integrity

Binge Poster

d

Some people try to change things if they can. Never know unless you try.

Others are very content with the status quo.

To each their own.

d

Easy there 9fiver, stealing is such a harsh word. I prefer assisting.

I have worked for managers that were sticklers for integrity in sheeting service failures as such, I have also worked for some that, wink wink told you to sheet it as no such whatever, or known closed, or econ.

Actually one of the latter, is now in Atlanta. He does resemble Hoax, but Hoax has hair.

The main reason for his departure was several sexual harassment grievances, and one for personal assault. I actually witnessed one of the former where he berated a female driver in front of other employees, and had done so in front of customers as well (verified by speaking to the customers)

I also assisted in filing the second, as I saw it happen first hand. IT was against a loader, who had his back to the rear of the truck, while loading a package, and the manager threw (over handed pitch style) a package and hit him in the upper back/neck area. Neither knew I was watching from the cab until after the package was airborne.

This same guy I have on tape instructing me to falsify records, both delivery and time card records.

What is of great interest is that in his office was hung with pride a plaque that proclaimed he had successfully completed UPS's people skills course.

So, we will see if contacting Atlanta will produce results.

d
dannyboy,

I am completely encouraged and impressed by what you are seeking to do.

Sincerely,
I

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
Danny I do not think they do the peoples workshop anymore. Kind of like TLA, and JRD, a thing of the past. Besides, it was just busy work. If you have to be taught "people skills", you probably should not be working with people.
Good Luck on your venture, and when ya coming to Akron? Im off now, got in an accident, so I could hook up with you for lunch!

Danny I do not think they do the peoples workshop anymore. Kind of like TLA, and JRD, a thing of the past. Besides, it was just busy work. If you have to be taught "people skills", you probably should not be working with people.
Good Luck on your venture, and when ya coming to Akron? Im off now, got in an accident, so I could hook up with you for lunch!
Are you ok????

Dragon

Package Center Manager
I am not sure why the center team has to get into creative sheeting of the packages. Here is the way it should be done.

Driver sends in the misload - its a flip or out of sync (no such thing as a "bad pal") - story for another thread...

Out of sync - address is good - sheet as missed if not going to service the package that day. PERIOD.

Flip - address is not correct for what ever reason - system "flips" it to close match - center verifies address on the label by looking the tracking number up where it will show the actual address the driver is looking at. If it truly is a bad address sheet as nsn, nsb etc, etc...if it is a good address make service on the package or sheet as missed.

This is what I have my center team doing everyday we may have to actually track one package once a day, its not hard.

Takes care of the customer, the driver and the center team.

Hope this helps.....

Last edited:

dannyboy

From the promised LAND
Toon

Waiting on the money. Without it, we dont move. So I really dont know when. Will be in Charlotte next week if the scheduling holds.

As for doing lunch, I will meet you where ever, off or not. IT would be an honor to buy your lunch or supper.

I hope you are recovering?

d

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
Toon

Waiting on the money. Without it, we dont move. So I really dont know when. Will be in Charlotte next week if the scheduling holds.

As for doing lunch, I will meet you where ever, off or not. IT would be an honor to buy your lunch or supper.

I hope you are recovering?

d
Yes Danny, getting better every day.
Nothing real serious. Just left work, got not 50 yards, stopped behind a vehicle turning
left, guy plowed into me at 50mph. truck is totalled. lumbar, neck sprain, and shoulder injury. couple weeks of therapy and Ill be brand new. Keep me posted!!

dannyboy

From the promised LAND
While not a doctor, keep the joints moving, but not to the point of pain. IT will help later on. Glad you are not seriously hurt.

I will keep you updated as I know anything.

d

dannyboy

From the promised LAND
dannyboy,

I am completely encouraged and impressed by what you are seeking to do.

Sincerely,
I
Interesting post sir. Encouraged? Why? I dont work for brown anymore. So Integrity at UPS would not be affected by any of my actions. At best, it will force people to do the right thing, which does not increase integrity.

Secondly, no offer to assist? Why? After all, if you are Integrity, why not? I would think your mission would be to assist this type of endeavor in any way possible.

As to people sending me PM's, if you get the message that the box is full, try again. I have cleaned out my messages so there is more room for additional messages. And if you still have problems, post here, and I will send you a PM with contact information.

d