Econ info

dannyboy

From the promised LAND
Anymore takers? Your information will be held by me, only the results of the investigation will be released to ups.

d

over9five

Staff member
I have a question that should be asked before you call UPS.

Drivers here on Brown Cafe (I really haven't heard of the ECON issue in the real world) do not want to use ECON because the customer doesn't get any sort of refund if the package is sheeted this way.

Is this actually true? Does anyone actually know anyone who tried to get a refund when ECON was used, and was denied?

I have to believe that if a customer called and said, "What emergency condition? I want my money back!" that they would get a refund.

I'm not even sure we give whole refunds anymore. Don't they just refund you the difference down to the next service level?

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
The use of EC must be getting back to the Centers. We had bad snow yesterday and instead of having to be back by 7 for the air pull we ran an extra shuttle to the airport at 8 so we could stay out and deliver.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
Over, it is not the refund issue that has me upset--it is the fact that they are using EC as a dispatch tool.

I guess I feel the opposite way.

The company is entitled to dispatch in whatever manner it sees fit and it is entitled to instruct us to sheet exceptions in whatever manner it sees fit. What it is not entitled to do...is to require us to be complicit in the defrauding of its customers.