EDD data right justified

AKCoverMan

Every now and then I accidently do something to my DIAD which causes the street names in EDD to all be right justified insteas of left justified as normal... so that any really long street name will have the begining of the name chopped off instead off the end. You can still go to details and see the entire name but it would be nice to know how to toggle back.

upsgrunt

There is a little arrow button, I think towards the lower right corner, that toggles that. Once you find it you will never forget it.

upsgrunt

I think so- when you are in edd mode it is just a quick toggle to see the whole street name or any suffixes that go with it. I noticed it on rural deliveries that now are addressed as county road XXXXN or XXXXE.

UnconTROLLed

perfection
z iirc is the toggle to change edd from the normal listing method, by address first ; toggling to company names. This is only used by a center with edd if there are routes with large buildings with many delivery points, you can see how many packages per office stop rather than the entire address.

Dragon

Package Center Manager
z iirc is the toggle to change edd from the normal listing method, by address first ; toggling to company names. This is only used by a center with edd if there are routes with large buildings with many delivery points, you can see how many packages per office stop rather than the entire address.

You can also use this toggle when you may need some futher info on the address, sometimes it will have the consignee's name or business name. Try it tommorrow you maybe surprised on how much info you may see.

PhatAzz

The right arrow key at the bottom right on the DIAD will move the field all the way over so you can read the longer street names. For example, this is helpful in a rural center that only has numbered county roads. Instead of seeing a screen full of "County Road " You will see " ty Road 238" or "ty Road 285" etc.

grgrcr88

No It's not green grocer!
I remember being told when edd was implemented that you could get directions for a particular edd listing somehow, I have yet to figure out how, but I remember seeing it done. Anyone?

bumped

I remember being told when edd was implemented that you could get directions for a particular edd listing somehow, I have yet to figure out how, but I remember seeing it done. Anyone?

I don't know about directions per se. If you enter into the stop and cursor to the street name then little arrow down will tell you the streets that are around the street your cursored on.

upsgrunt

The right arrow key at the bottom right on the DIAD will move the field all the way over so you can read the longer street names. For example, this is helpful in a rural center that only has numbered county roads. Instead of seeing a screen full of "County Road " You will see " ty Road 238" or "ty Road 285" etc.

Thanks for repeating exactly what I posted.

satellitedriver

Thanks for repeating exactly what I posted.

I am amazed that one button could cause so much confusion.
Granted, I am a mid-century fossil, but I found that key function the first day.
Believe it or not, I read the original pkg labels and memorize the next 5 stops.
I only use the DIAD to confirm that I have all the pkgs scanned for that stop.

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
I don't know about directions per se. If you enter into the stop and cursor to the street name then little arrow down will tell you the streets that are around the street your cursored on.

That function has been in every DIAD. It's the delivery order listing. DOL.