EDD data right justified

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by AKCoverMan, Dec 20, 2010.

1. AKCoverMan

AKCoverMan Active Member

Every now and then I accidently do something to my DIAD which causes the street names in EDD to all be right justified insteas of left justified as normal... so that any really long street name will have the begining of the name chopped off instead off the end. You can still go to details and see the entire name but it would be nice to know how to toggle back.
  2. Anonymous 10

Anonymous 10 Guest

Can't help you other than it happens to me to.
  3. over9five

over9five Senior Member Staff Member

Never seen that!
  4. bumped

bumped Well-Known Member

I think it has something to do with the "z" button. Its been a long time, so I've forgotten
  5. upsgrunt

upsgrunt Well-Known Member

There is a little arrow button, I think towards the lower right corner, that toggles that. Once you find it you will never forget it.
  6. over9five

over9five Senior Member Staff Member

And what is this for? Is it so you can read the whole street name if it doesn't fit in the regular screen?
  7. upsgrunt

I think so- when you are in edd mode it is just a quick toggle to see the whole street name or any suffixes that go with it. I noticed it on rural deliveries that now are addressed as county road XXXXN or XXXXE.
  8. Sleeve_meet_Heart

Sleeve_meet_Heart making the unreadable unreadabler

z iirc is the toggle to change edd from the normal listing method, by address first ; toggling to company names. This is only used by a center with edd if there are routes with large buildings with many delivery points, you can see how many packages per office stop rather than the entire address.
  9. Anonymous 10

Anonymous 10 Guest

Now I know
  10. Dragon

Dragon Package Center Manager

You can also use this toggle when you may need some futher info on the address, sometimes it will have the consignee's name or business name. Try it tommorrow you maybe surprised on how much info you may see.
  11. PhatAzz

PhatAzz Active Member

The right arrow key at the bottom right on the DIAD will move the field all the way over so you can read the longer street names. For example, this is helpful in a rural center that only has numbered county roads. Instead of seeing a screen full of "County Road " You will see " ty Road 238" or "ty Road 285" etc.
  12. grgrcr88

grgrcr88 No It's not green grocer!

I remember being told when edd was implemented that you could get directions for a particular edd listing somehow, I have yet to figure out how, but I remember seeing it done. Anyone?
  13. bumped

bumped Well-Known Member

I don't know about directions per se. If you enter into the stop and cursor to the street name then little arrow down will tell you the streets that are around the street your cursored on.
  14. grgrcr88

grgrcr88 No It's not green grocer!

Thanks, I think thats what he did.
  15. upsgrunt

Thanks for repeating exactly what I posted.
  16. satellitedriver

satellitedriver Moderator Staff Member

I am amazed that one button could cause so much confusion.
    Granted, I am a mid-century fossil, but I found that key function the first day.
    Believe it or not, I read the original pkg labels and memorize the next 5 stops.
    I only use the DIAD to confirm that I have all the pkgs scanned for that stop.

17. brownmonster

brownmonster Man of Great Wisdom

That function has been in every DIAD. It's the delivery order listing. DOL.
  18. trplnkl

trplnkl 555

Phatt explained in a clearer manner. You still get credit for the correct answer though.