EDD

browniehound

We get paid well to deliver boxes. Why should we have to fix someone elses friend...... up system. I spend too much time being the company sales person, customer service person and the rest of the time I have to explain to people why I'm either late or don't have what I'm supposed to have. PAS should have been put in using the same routes that people with a clue have been tweeking in the name of efficiency and customer service for the last century. Some egghead with a computerized map set us back 20 years. That being said, how about those 11-2 Packers! BM

Brown,
I think thats the way we should have implemented PAS/EDD. Keep the routes the way the were, implement the system, and THEN adjust from there.

I don't understand why we had to blow everything up and then put the pieces back together from there. If my route was the same before PAS and then PAS was implemented, it would have been a much smoother transition and the center could have avoided most of its service failures.

Can someone from up above please awnser this question for me. Why couldn't we leave the routes as is, implement PAS, let the drivers, on-car sups, center managers, preload sups, ple-load managers, and pre-loaders get used to the system, and THEN screw with the routes??

I think that would have been smoother. Can someone from management who is in the know please anwser my question?

Thank You

2Slow

Perhaps your one of the many drivers who refuse to grasp and understand that their route will and has been changed from PAS. That it will not go back no matter how much you fight it.

I can live with change. Change is part of life.
Stupidity and lazyness should not be part of our management, but it is.
Examples; Address in my FL2 location. Store closes, new store moves in. New store gets average of 2 pkgs per week. I have asked at least 5 times to have the one address put back on shelf... never fixed.
Have a street that gets an average of 10 stops per day. Addresses run low to high. EDD has them run 900 block through 1200 block low to high, then 800 block low to high. I've asked lots of times to fix it. Never fixed.
Most days of the year I have at least 5 business stops on the 8000 shelf.
The swing drivers tell me I have one of the best EDD setups in the center.

Going by your persona here....perhaps you've fought so hard against it, they don't honestly think you want to fix it.

It ain't just him. I want to fix it. it makes my life easier. It's not like management can do our jobs anyway. Unfortunately, they all too often either can't or won't do their own jobs either.

Regardless of what the doom bringers here say. Management does not want us or the company to fail. I've seen great center manager's and bad ones and they all wanted to service the customer and do what is right in most cases.

Must be nice there... The BMs (business manager now, doncha know) we have seem to be too busy trying too look tough so they don't get fired by their sadistic boss, they don't for the most part, seem to want to hear about it from the lowly drivers.

over9five

Staff member
"Over9Five, I thought that this forum was for the intelligent discussion of issues which all UPS drivers deal with on a daily basis. Your "feud" with VT certainly does not follow this..."

You're right, I'm sorry. Vtbrowns pompousness, arrogance, and condescending attitude got the better of me. I was sucked in by his/her trollish posts.

browniehound

"Over9Five, I thought that this forum was for the intelligent discussion of issues which all UPS drivers deal with on a daily basis. Your "feud" with VT certainly does not follow this..."

You're right, I'm sorry. Vtbrowns pompousness, arrogance, and condescending attitude got the better of me. I was sucked in by his/her trollish posts.

Over, this person VT is out of line and definitely a troll. He/She does a good job of disguising it though!

VTBrown

Actually...internet trolls eventually go away once their fun has ended.

I'm still here.

Sorry for giving all of you guys a dose of reality.

reydluap

Like I stated in my first post on this topic:

"I haven't posted on this sight for a while now. The name calling and negativity runs rampant here any more."

A Troll. LOL!!

Go ahead kids...BITCH AWAY and do nothing! ATTITUDE! NEGATIVITY!!! Hmmmm...I guess if I was the Manager......I wouldn't give you the time of day myself. You have shown your true colors. Live with it.

And to those that have sent me positive feedback. Thank you. It's nice to know others on this site.....GET IT! I'll continue to enjoy my route that's set up stop for stop.........

Overpaid Union Thug

Like I stated in my first post on this topic:

"I haven't posted on this sight for a while now. The name calling and negativity runs rampant here any more."

A Troll. LOL!!

Go ahead kids...BITCH AWAY and do nothing! ATTITUDE! NEGATIVITY!!! Hmmmm...I guess if I was the Manager......I wouldn't give you the time of day myself. You have shown your true colors. Live with it.

And to those that have sent me positive feedback. Thank you. It's nice to know others on this site.....GET IT! I'll continue to enjoy my route that's set up stop for stop.........

It is you who doesn't "GET IT!" We've repeatively said that we've attempted to make changes and you still respond with rediculous comments such as "BITCH AWAY and do nothing!" as if we didn't. What's wrong with you and VT? Can you not string the words together when you read or what? LOL! This is turning into a circus.

local804

Brownie,
What happened to your avatar? lol

Management sees that EDD does not work here and it is quite clear. After the "red lines we must not cross" phase had passed, the routes went back to they way they have been and the drivers told the management team how they did the routes and the management team changed EDD to the way they did it. Doing this, it looks like we are following trace but it IS NOT the way it was when PAS was implemented. Our building has been on PAS/EDD for almost 4 years now( one of the first to have it) and the building West of us STILL DOES NOT have it. Why if this perfect system is so great and does wonders isnt it in the other buildings yet? Dont let VTs mumbo jumbos trash mouths always right attitude fool you. The troll may be here to stay but feeds off of negative energy and thrives on it like a leetch.
enough said

VTBrown

Back to hostility and name calling then? I guess a leech is better then a dung beetle, no?

So you guys got together with the center team and fixed your routes. Thanks for proving our point. Duh!

local804

Back to hostility and name calling then? I guess a leech is better then a dung beetle, no?

So you guys got together with the center team and fixed your routes. Thanks for proving our point. Duh!

Einstien.....

We changed the routes back to the way they were before PAS was implemented. The trace was suited for the way we did our routes.We had ares where we were forbidden to go and imaginary lines we could not cross. If you think that that makes this million dollar system a success, maybe I can sell you some waterfront property in the Sahara desert. Your pathetic posts are no longer of my interest.
Carry on!

VTBrown

Einstien.....

We changed the routes back to the way they were before PAS was implemented. The trace was suited for the way we did our routes.We had ares where we were forbidden to go and imaginary lines we could not cross. If you think that that makes this million dollar system a success, maybe I can sell you some waterfront property in the Sahara desert. Your pathetic posts are no longer of my interest.
Carry on!

Call me Einstein?

Duh...they implemented it. Then you and management made changes. That was the original point trying to be made. Did you miss that somewhere? Everyone decided the trace (not PAS or Edd) was not correct and you guys got it fixed.

The System was designed as a PreLoad system. You have EDD and your trace is now fine. Yet somehow it failed you guys...hmm.

I guess being ignorant just suits you fine, no?

local804

Yes, I called you Einstien. Have a problem understanding what I type? maybe I can have my child explain if you cant understand.
Better yet,
You are right again, you are always right, and you will never be wrong. Its a good thing I am saving miles and time with this new system.
Like I said.....
Carry on.......

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
What we are trying to say is PAS and EDD can be OK but the part where they let a computer map a route was a monumental failure, yet they keep doing it the same way. WE SHOULD NOT HAVE TO REDO THEIR FAILURES!

VTBrown

What we are trying to say is PAS and EDD can be OK but the part where they let a computer map a route was a monumental failure, yet they keep doing it the same way. WE SHOULD NOT HAVE TO REDO THEIR FAILURES!

OKay.....don't do anything then. Just keep coming on here and complaining about it. Well.....because that looks to me to have worked wonders for all of you.

Under your assumption about redoing failures. Then as a cover driver I should not have to go deliver the NI1's or even better yet, the NSN's that the regular driver did prior to going on vacation, correct?

I should not have to redo their failures, right?

At the very least 804 showed you all that the trace can be changed by management. Yet....you all can keep grasping at straws for more.

It's not perfect, no one said it was - it's still miles ahead of where we were.

VTBrown

Yes, I called you Einstien. Have a problem understanding what I type? maybe I can have my child explain if you cant understand.
Better yet,
You are right again, you are always right, and you will never be wrong. Its a good thing I am saving miles and time with this new system.
Like I said.....
Carry on.......

Obviously you have very little idea as to whats going on here. We were discussing the fact that some care to believe management will do nothing to fix a bad trace.

I've and another pointed out that management will. You came on here and actually said your entire center went back to pre-edd routes after IE left. Well gosh...I'm here thanking you for making our point. The other fact of the matter is you still have EDD and PAS and your trace now works.

Perhaps your letting your distaste for me cloud your comprehension of what the real topic was? You can keep calling me Einstein or stupid all you like. It's not hurting my feelings much like your's seems to be.

I never once said that the IE or PAS team knew how to write the perfect Trace - I said they all asked for continued input from us on it. Most of you want to keep playing the management vs us card on the topic.

So perhaps you can go get your child when you get home to read this with you.

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
Where was the input before the implementaion. Would have been alot more helpful. Just goes to show they didn't trust the drivers. Now the drivers say screw it. It doesn't help that they took away time from the drivers.

govols019

You smell that?
We were discussing the fact that some care to believe management will do nothing to fix a bad trace.

I've and another pointed out that management will.

And I pointed out that some management won't. A fact you choose to ignore.

We don't all work in the UPS wonderland that you do.

reydluap

I only posted on this topic to try and help you with your problem. The name calling and childish attacks don't bother me a bit. The point still is: ONLY YOU CAN CONTOL YOUR DESTINY. You can log on here and bitch every evening racking up thousands of post....or....you can use the time to correct your problem. It's your circus.

I do get it! Childish behavior earns no respect. Management sees this whining, complaining attitude (Hmmm there's that word again) and won't work with you.

So YOU carry on with the clowns in YOUR circus. I'll continue to enjoy my 98% stop for stop load. Enjoying every workday with NO stress. Life is good!!!