EDD

govols019

You smell that?
We don't all run only 60-75 stops a day. I don't mean that to sound harsh. I'm just saying fixing a route like that is easier than doing one with 150-170 stops a day. It takes time and that's something our current management doesn't want to do. Truth is, they are too busy chasing down misloads and taking their daily beating from our center manager.

reydluap

We don't all run only 60-75 stops a day. I don't mean that to sound harsh. I'm just saying fixing a route like that is easier than doing one with 150-170 stops a day. It takes time and that's something our current management doesn't want to do. Truth is, they are too busy chasing down misloads and taking their daily beating from our center manager.

Actually. Today I had 127 stops (31 DR). 234 Del Pieces. 14 PU stops. 209 PKGS . 209 Miles in a P1000. With Ice/snow on the ground. Another fine day at the office.

govols019. I'm not here to fight with you. I was honestly trying to help you out.

Overpaid Union Thug

I only posted on this topic to try and help you with your problem. The name calling and childish attacks don't bother me a bit. The point still is: ONLY YOU CAN CONTOL YOUR DESTINY. You can log on here and bitch every evening racking up thousands of post....or....you can use the time to correct your problem. It's your circus.

I do get it! Childish behavior earns no respect. Management sees this whining, complaining attitude (Hmmm there's that word again) and won't work with you.

So YOU carry on with the clowns in YOUR circus. I'll continue to enjoy my 98% stop for stop load. Enjoying every workday with NO stress. Life is good!!!

Ok so by your reckoning we should sit here at home on on our own time and somehow fix problems with trace after management and IE REPEATIVELY ignored past attempts to fix those very same problems while on the clock? Hmm.....yeah that really makes allot of since <-----Sarcasm intended. Are you ever going to understand that we've tried fixing these problems or are you going to just keep ignoring that fact and keep flamming about controlling our own destiny and blamming us for our management and IE team ignoring us?

govols019

You smell that?
I was just going by the numbers you posted in another thread.

I didn't think you were but you have failed to acknowledge my point that some centers aren't as lucky as yours.

reydluap

I was just going by the numbers you posted in another thread.

I didn't think you were but you have failed to acknowledge my point that some centers aren't as lucky as yours.

I see what you are saying. First off. During the regular seasons (not peak), that's the route size that I have. And yes, or Center is 35 drivers, which most of the guys have more than ten years of seniority and we really do work together well. Management here want's and asks for our input on routes. Are mistakes sometimes made, of course they are. But we try to fix the problem with communication so it doesn't happen again. Both sides, if you want to call Management and drivers two sides (we call it teamwork) work together. We respect each other here.

I read that it's a different world that you work in.

govols019

You smell that?
Yeah, different universe. :lol:

There was a time when our center was like that but that was before they brought in the Dark Prince of center managers. I swear sometimes I don't know how he can sleep at night.

VTBrown

Have you gone above him in your complaint of the trace?

Or are you just going to keep coming on here and complaining that no one wants to help you?

Channahon

WOW - I thought this was a Tieguy vs Canon thread of the past!

It's been a while since I read an entire thread, and what amazes me is that as intelligent as UPS employees are, one would think mutual respect for one another's responsibilities, would resolve what is a conflict in the work place.

There has been some name calling, all because of different personalities and views on a system that when implemented properly with the input of the drivers, operations management and IE does work. As noted in some of the posts here.

Operators are accountable for their operational numbers, and it is in their best interest to ensure IE has properly worked with everyone in the operation to make sure PAS and EDD works.

If anyone is still having problems with their current management team, go to the next level. Don't let PAS/EDD run you into the ground with aggravation and stress. Life is too short!!

JMO and experience.......

over9five

Staff member
"If anyone is still having problems with their current management team, go to the next level."

Chann, I gotta disagree with that. If you go above your managers head, you are gonna have THE BIGGEST target on your back. They can be a vindictive lot. THAT isn't worth it to me. If the boss doesn't want to fix it, I'm good with that.

Channahon

I understand your point, however, as a Division Manager, it was my job to make sure my managers were doing their jobs to have a smooth running operation. Which entailed every element of operations. You see, that would make my job more pleasant, their jobs more pleasant and the drivers jobs more pleasant.
Just my style of management, doesn't work for everyone.

brazenbrown

WOW -
If anyone is still having problems with their current management team, go to the next level. Don't let PAS/EDD run you into the ground with aggravation and stress. Life is too short!!
JMO and experience.......

Chan,

Unlike Over I have to totally agree with you on this. Sometimes as a driver your own center team has trouble seeing two feet in front of them. In my opinion Centers are the heart beat of the organization and everything flows through them. From Customers complaining, drivers complaining, upper management tell them that their stps per car aren't high enough and the I.E. geeks who would float belly up in an on car sups job...etc.etc.

Basically when something gotta get done and it ain't happening then sometimes you have to ask for help and if that means taking it to the next level then soooooo What!!!

We all have jobs to do and nobody should get in your way not even your own boss!

JMHO!

govols019

You smell that?
Don't let PAS/EDD run you into the ground with aggravation and stress.

Exactly. I just run what is on the truck. If that means I drive 10 miles out of my way to run 3 stops that another driver is going right by then I'm cool with that. I used to get pissed but now I just shake my head and laugh.

upsgrunt

I understand your point, however, as a Division Manager, it was my job to make sure my managers were doing their jobs to have a smooth running operation. Which entailed every element of operations. You see, that would make my job more pleasant, their jobs more pleasant and the drivers jobs more pleasant.
Just my style of management, doesn't work for everyone.

How could this NOT work for everyone? I mean you're talking about a situation where everyone wins and would be reasonably happy. Chan- could you teach a few things to our division manager? What you describe seems to be common sense- it could all be soooo easy!

pkg-king

EDD is awesome! Get with your sup and get a DOL printed out and rearrange it to the way you'd like to deliver it. It took me a while to fine tune it but it works great, virtually no sorting:peaceful: