Edmonton UPS Delivery Thief

klein

Für Meno :)
That video clip made front local news on TV the day before yesterday.
Happens everywhere though, but it's great to have security video like that.

over9five

Staff member
It is also crystal clear evidence that the UPS driver made a horrible DR. Will she get suspended, fired, made to pay for the package???

ORLY!?!

Master Loader
Hey, at least she didnt throw it!

The plate on the car looked like one of those paper plates. Perhaps it was covered by paper because it looks rather beat up. As if it were just done for that purpose. On top of that, the company has the proof to front the customer a new one totally free.

UPS needs to set this one up with the cops. Have an unmarked car flow a car around a few days a week. I'm sure they would catch a lot of people doing the same.

S

splozi

It is also crystal clear evidence that the UPS driver made a horrible DR. Will she get suspended, fired, made to pay for the package???

How is that a horrible DR? Should she have put the doormat on top of the box? I guess nobody would have seen it then.

Covemastah

Hoopah drives the boat Chief !!
How is that a horrible DR? Should she have put the doormat on top of the box? I guess nobody would have seen it then.
How is that a bad D/R ??? Glad your not my driver !! can't believe you even asked that question !! You work for FEDEX ??

klein

No, according to the local news here, the UPS driver did nothing wrong.
Remember, these are new homes, there are no back doors (2nd entrance door is thru the garage, mostly).

That's typical of us to leave packages like that here.

Either way that package would have been stolen, anyways.
Not sure if it's in the above video link, but the suspects car passed the UPS truck and then drove around the block to snatch the delivery.

moreluck

golden ticket member
No, according to the local news here, the UPS driver did nothing wrong.
Remember, these are new homes, there are no back doors (2nd entrance door is thru the garage, mostly).

That's typical of us to leave packages like that here.

Either way that package would have been stolen, anyways.
Not sure if it's in the above video link, but the suspects car passed the UPS truck and then drove around the block to snatch the delivery.
That's weird! It wouldn't have been stolen in my neighborhood.

Covemastah

the local news doesn't run or male ups rules ! and pkg would not have been stolen if indirected or ni ' that day !!

klein

Klein seriously, UPS Canada does not emphasize "out of sight, out of weather"?

It's out of the weather (underneath the roofing), and where else can the driver leave it ?
It's called work as directed.

As much as UPS would love every driver to do, is knock on neighbors doors to driver release.
But, there is not enough time in the day just to DR as it is !
And we are forbidden to bring back more than 5 send agains per day, too.

over9five

Staff member
It's out of the weather (underneath the roofing), and where else can the driver leave it ?
It's called work as directed.

As much as UPS would love every driver to do, is knock on neighbors doors to driver release.
But, there is not enough time in the day just to DR as it is !
And we are forbidden to bring back more than 5 send agains per day, too.
Well, I hope she has witnesses for that "work as directed" order. I honestly can't imagine a supervisor telling a driver to just leave it out in the open, but maybe Canada's different.

Covemastah

Houses all seem close enough to each other Klien !!! may be CANADIANS are to busy listening to Hockey Talk on the radio aay!! to walk a few more steps to indirect that pkg !! Go to the Penalty box drivah !! thats a five minute major !!!