Edmonton UPS Delivery Thief

Backlasher

Stronger, Faster, Browner
Well, you can still leave it to the porch and do your best to keep it out of sight. If there is absolutely nothing to hide it behind, you leave it and move on. Depending on your typical daily load, if you start bringing stuff around to the rear of the house, you might find yourself finishing a lot later than expected.

It also depends on your familiarity with the route. My first driver who "ran me" like a dog had been doing his route for so long that he knew what location the package would be DR'd to based on the address, before even arriving at the destination, 95% of the time. Front porch (behind objects, behind bushes), rear door, side door, garage... even some "secret" locations. Not all drivers have had permanents routes like this long enough to where they have familiarized themselves with the neighborhoods to such an extent.

DUDE, I can't believe your still wasten time trying to make this point. If you can't keep it out of site then it's not a good D.R.

Some people are better off just staying away from driver position and staying inside.

If you do this and get wrapped up in office with security then maybe you won't be so thick headed!!

Bad D.R. are you sweating the Jumper D.R. u did this peak????

UPSGUY72

Well, you can still leave it to the porch and do your best to keep it out of sight. If there is absolutely nothing to hide it behind, you leave it and move on. Depending on your typical daily load, if you start bringing stuff around to the rear of the house, you might find yourself finishing a lot later than expected.

It also depends on your familiarity with the route. My first driver who "ran me" like a dog had been doing his route for so long that he knew what location the package would be DR'd to based on the address, before even arriving at the destination, 95% of the time. Front porch (behind objects, behind bushes), rear door, side door, garage... even some "secret" locations. Not all drivers have had permanents routes like this long enough to where they have familiarized themselves with the neighborhoods to such an extent.

We get paid by the hour not be the pieces we deliver. The time it takes to put a package in a safe DR location isn't a good excuse for leaving a package in a bad Dr location.

klein

Für Meno :)
Even without a back door I D.R. Back of house. Hit D.R. choose other, type in ,back of house, then scan a notice and put D.R. location on notice. stop complete.

Package to big to keep out of site. At least lay it so lowest profile of package faces street and set door mat upright to cover the end facing street, but even that is stupid.

Then you better have the time to drive around the block and enter the backyard thru the back-alley. Because most new homes do not have access, from the front, to the backyard anymore !

And where would you place it, on the back lawn in the wet melting snow ?

UPSGUY72

Then you better have the time to drive around the block and enter the backyard thru the back-alley. Because most new homes do not have access, from the front, to the backyard anymore !

We get paid by the hour not piece.

And that is why we have DR bags.

klein

Well, you go ahead and work by the hr..... see how long you'll last. Drive around every new home to make a delivery.

S

splozi

I think it's safe to say that the strictness of policies varies center to center, and the policies themselves may very as well - particularly in another country. What is "acceptable" at one center may get you written up at another.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I think it's safe to say that the strictness of policies varies center to center, and the policies themselves may very as well - particularly in another country. What is "acceptable" at one center may get you written up at another.

The policy that I keep in mind is would I be happy if I came home and saw where the pkg had been left.

In the above video the driver may as well have put a sign up saying "Please Take Me" when she DR'd the pkg.

klein

I really don't care what any of you say. You can take the time and watch globalnews Edmonton from 2 days ago.
UPS said it's not her (the driver's), fault, and I truely stand behind her, too.

Indecisi0n

Klein they just post to push your buttons. Half these guys are no bodies in real life so they come here voicing their opinions on the internet in order to make themselves feel better. Most of them are sheep drivers.

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
I'm thinking the driver in question might be a helper. She carried no DIAD to the stop and the truck moved too quickly after she closed the door. She could have at least put the pkg on the left side of the porch using the post to partially hide it. If someone wants to steal pkgs from us it wouldn't really matter where you hide it if they are watching you hide it.

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
I have a big round planter on my front porch. A drivers dream to hide pkgs behind. I come home from work to find my UPS package in the wide open in front of the planter.

Backlasher

I'm thinking the driver in question might be a helper. She carried no DIAD to the stop and the truck moved too quickly after she closed the door. She could have at least put the pkg on the left side of the porch using the post to partially hide it. If someone wants to steal pkgs from us it wouldn't really matter where you hide it if they are watching you hide it.

I noticed the same thing. She might of been a helper. Car moved imediatly after she closed door on passenger side and no diad.

AssistantSanta

Was it the driver that ran you into the ground that made a ton of mistakes?

That paragraph I wrote that upsguy72 quoted is just that. I'll do what I can within reason to protect it, like place it on the porch where its least visible or if not possible, I'll take it to the side of the house.

All bets are off when its raining. Side of house is off-limits since it will get wet. If the roof provides cover , then it sits on the porch.

If I took the time to put everything out of sight, driver wouldn't want to have me help him.

Backlasher

The only ones I see defending this D.R. are NOOBS, X-employees who think a lunch break @ a bar is acceptable, or helpers.

I'm calling u guys all out, You know who you R. 3 so far.

I am somebody. I'm Backlasher. I know for a fact that if you guys D.R. like that and the stuff gets stolen and you are sweating your Green Horns off in office with security you'll change your view.

Hey Kleinstein, just because UPS isn't admitting the fault on the driver to the public doesn't mean they aren't dragging her butt in the office and drilling her.

Backlasher

This is Pathetic. You think I've never seen a New home or new developement before. Look at the video again and tell me you don't see the space in between the 2 townhouses/condos.

Yea, I've been to places were you have to drive or walk around a line of places to get to their back and guess what! That's what I did,DO, & will continue to do. If it ain't a safe D.R. then I might as well just drop all my stops off a street corner for all to pick threw and clock out.

It can be the best of neighborhoods, but it only takes one time 4 some guy to drive buy & snatch it up.

D.R. other and enter back of house is not a hard thing to do.

Backlasher

Theft prevention is pretty uniform in idea @ least in this country.

Look, I know u don't know any better cause your driver didn't push safety with you & good D.R. practice with u so I blame him 4 why u have these opinions that are going to put u in a bad position one day. Learn from what we are saying that have been driven a while and take it to heart before you go back and possable become a driver yourself one day. I'm not saying these things to kill time. This is something newer guys need to learn and better to learn on here then from a Write up, injury, accident, whatever the case.

You got a wrong impression from the driver you helped and was under special, Peak curcumstances, but what u learned was wrong.

Use handRails, wear seat belts, walk brisk, no running and by GOd deliver the package in a safe D.R. like it was your mothers package or close relative.