Educational transfer...pay rate stays same? Chicago to FL.

dmiel

I'm considering doing a transfer to SW FL from the Chicago area. Would my pay rate stay the same, or would it change to whatever rate it may be in that local for the same amount of years worked?

And, does anyone know how the contracts of those 2 locals stack up against each other?

This is my first post. Thanks for any responses.-David

Box Ox

I imagine you'd be red circled at whatever rate you're at. And the local supplement you end up under in Florida probably won't be as strong as what you're used to in Chicago. Just the nature of a relatively weaker local in a RTW/southern state.

dmiel

I imagine you'd be red circled at whatever rate you're at. And the local supplement you end up under in Florida probably won't be as strong as what you're used to in Chicago. Just the nature of a relatively weaker local in a RTW/southern state.
That sucks. Coastal FL isn't really all that southern in ideals. I'd figure there'd be some northern political influence over there.

Orion inc.

I like turtles
He will be under the southern supplement

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
You.just lose your seniority for bidding purposes
Correct.

Surprisingly though, with one of our educational transfers he could have won a FT bid within 6 months of starting here. Came at the right time. Said if he was still at his old building he'd have to wait another 4 years. Results aren't typical though of course OP.