Educational transfer...pay rate stays same? Chicago to FL.

Hump dump and roll

We hired 4 guys FT after peak. 3 off the street, 1 insider. Only 1 inside guy signed the FT sheet. Couldn't believe it.

This is probably going to be the new norm. The last three guys that went full time came from local sort nobody who works preload wants to be anything more then an air driver and some are holding out for the mythical 22.3 jobs.

Brown Matrix

He Starting To Belive
I made the transfer to central Florida 14 months ago it will be much different than the north facility. if you don't have three interstates near your building it's a distribution center not a hub. Hubs rock as far as hours to work opportunities and bidding on different jobs. I went from 45hrs a week to a weak 22hrs, over time was gone over night.

The first issue once you transfer will be the change in climate. I about died my first week. next will be the shorter hours. But, you don't pay state income tax so your check will go a little longer than it would in Chi-town, if you have some years under your belt. Followed by less bidding options because there are not many open slots in those type of buildings. I have never seen a peak end two days after Xmas till i mover to Florida. Retirement state lots of people on fixed income.

dmiel

Rich seasonal yuppies ruined it
I understand and feel where you're coming from.

The FL you grew up in has changed. But people that grew up on the California coast and probably Hawaii have been saying the same. These areas still offer unique opportunities.

After some thinking, maybe you can take some solitude in this. The influx of liberal Northerners that ruined parts of it continue aging. They've been kicking the bucket, and will continue kicking the bucket in years to come. With the recent resurgence of millenials moving to trendy urban areas, the yuppies' kin won't be following in their parents' footsteps, and these areas will somewhat return to what they were.

Where'd you relocate to?

Last edited:

dmiel

I made the transfer to central Florida 14 months ago it will be much different than the north facility. if you don't have three interstates near your building it's a distribution center not a hub. Hubs rock as far as hours to work opportunities and bidding on different jobs. I went from 45hrs a week to a weak 22hrs, over time was gone over night.

The first issue once you transfer will be the change in climate. I about died my first week. next will be the shorter hours. But, you don't pay state income tax so your check will go a little longer than it would in Chi-town, if you have some years under your belt. Followed by less bidding options because there are not many open slots in those type of buildings. I have never seen a peak end two days after Xmas till i mover to Florida. Retirement state lots of people on fixed income.
Do you guys have a twilight or night sort?

Are layoffs a concern at all, or not even worth thinking about?

thank you for giving insight. I will have more questions for you when I get back home.

Shifting Contents

Most Help Needed
I understand and feel where you're coming from.

The FL you grew up in has changed. But people that grew up on the California coast and probably Hawaii have been saying the same. These areas still offer unique opportunities.

After some thinking, maybe you can take some solitude in this. The influx of liberal Northerners that ruined parts of it continue aging. They've been kicking the bucket, and will continue kicking the bucket in years to come. With the recent resurgence of millenials moving to trendy urban areas, the yuppies' kin won't be following in their parents' footsteps, and these areas will somewhat return to what they were.

Where'd you relocate to?
You don't get it

There is no industry outside of seasonal hospitality

Commercial Fishing
Gone

Logging
Gone

No more hunting
No more beach access for locals
No more swamp buggies

The area was settled by Yankees. But they were Yankees that had balls!

They shut down the pier in Naples for renovations and then CHARGED 100 bucks for admission to the reopening so you could get a :censored2:ty glass of wine and a view on a PUBLIC landmark

Do yourself a favor. Stay far away from any center in SWFL

There are no hubs

Orlando, Jax and Hilieah would be the places to go. Bigger cities and more opportunities

Don't get me started on ft misery!

Shifting Contents

Most Help Needed
Do you guys have a twilight or night sort?

Are layoffs a concern at all, or not even worth thinking about?

thank you for giving insight. I will have more questions for you when I get back home.
Last I heard on the FNN PTmers were goin straight to feeders in JAX

I'm from Naples originally

5 year wait for FT

No 22.3s in ft Myers same wait

Port Charlotte, Sarasota: I don't have any contacts in

Brown_Star

Methods Man
I have good boots and socks..also have an extra pair of shoes in my package car and extra socks in my work bag.
Walking on the snow always seems to get to me.
image.jpg