Educational transfer question

Hello,
I was considering transfering to an out of state college however the UPS in the area does not have a package handler opening according to upsjobs.com.

Do I apply for a transfer 6 months before i start school there to guarentee a transfer?

What if it comes time to start school and they still do not have a position available?

Does this mean I have to quit either UPS or going to college?

When is the best time to guarentee a transfer?

If a seasonal position is open can a perminent position transfer fill this position?

Thanks

UPSGUY72

Hello,
I was considering transfering to an out of state college however the UPS in the area does not have a package handler opening according to upsjobs.com.

You need to get in touch with your HR rep.

Do I apply for a transfer 6 months before i start school there to guarentee a transfer?

You are not guarenteed a transfer there has to be an opening at the time you want to transfer and the manager at that building has to except you.

What if it comes time to start school and they still do not have a position available?

Then you go to school or stay at UPS.

Does this mean I have to quit either UPS or going to college?

Life is full of choices.

When is the best time to guarentee a transfer?

You are not guaranteed a tranfers.

If a seasonal position is open can a perminent position transfer fill this position?

NO it's a seasonal position

Thanks

If you want more info about the possibilty of transfering you need to contact your HR person and they can help you out. But you need to understand that educational transfers are not guaranteed just becauce you want to go to school somewhere else. There has to be and opening in that building and building manager there must except you and you must be already enrolled in classes at the school you plan on attending.

Say you apply for a transfer 6 months before you accually start classes. A position comes open. Will they let you move down early even though your not currently going to school but plan to in a few months?

Or does it have to be "luck"? And a position magically open when you start classes?

UPSGUY72

Say you apply for a transfer 6 months before you accually start classes. A position comes open. Will they let you move down early even though your not currently going to school but plan to in a few months?

Or does it have to be "luck"? And a position magically open when you start classes?

You need to ask your HR rep. for specifics in your and the area you want to move to. However with that being said if get a transfer and don't enroll in school you will get fired.

I plan on finishing my degree out of state.

I can talk to the Hr rep but the HR rep cant open up a position from my understanding so my question still remains...

Will they let you move down early to fill an open pt position even though your not currently going to school but plan to in a few months?

Nimnim

The Nim
I plan on finishing my degree out of state.

I can talk to the Hr rep but the HR rep cant open up a position from my understanding so my question still remains...

Will they let you move down early to fill an open pt position even though your not currently going to school but plan to in a few months?

Talk to HR, if it's possible to go early when a position opens they'll probably have a couple hoops for you to jump through. Asking here will most likely get you general advice at best on this subject, better to get some info in writing from the people who will be processing the paperwork on this.

csuf07

I requested for a educational transfer last week. My classes will start in 3 weeks in LA. I am trying to get a transfer from ONT to anywhere in LA. I will be moving to LA as well, so I hope the process will go a lot quicker. Can somebody tell me how long it takes to get the transfer? or give me your personal experiences. thanks