Educational transfer to Texas (few questions)

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

A part-time transfer should be relatively easy to accomplish. But UPS usually makes it quite the monumental task for just about everyone who requests it.

We had a preloader transfer to Colorado to finish school. The process took at least 6 months, if not closer to a year, to complete. He is a facebook friend of my daughter and she tells me that he has graduated and has since left the company to use his degree.

calcio56

thanks everyone for your replies.
I should have been more clear in my original post. I was planning on quitting and trying to get rehired as a PT package handler. Ideally I would make some phone calls prior to moving to figure out Hub need.

Thanks to whomever identified the TCD promotions in austion. After such a huge promotion #, would it mean they will be set for a while? Or do you know if they are anticipating another promotion jump?

Does anybody work in a hub in or around San Antonio OR Austin?

My 'big boy' job will be in San Antonio but i would rather work UPS in an Austin hub...this makes things a little more difficult but just on my lifestyle. NBD.

UPSGUY72

thanks everyone for your replies.
I should have been more clear in my original post. I was planning on quitting and trying to get rehired as a PT package handler. Ideally I would make some phone calls prior to moving to figure out Hub need.

Thanks to whomever identified the TCD promotions in austion. After such a huge promotion #, would it mean they will be set for a while? Or do you know if they are anticipating another promotion jump?

Does anybody work in a hub in or around San Antonio OR Austin?

My 'big boy' job will be in San Antonio but i would rather work UPS in an Austin hub...this makes things a little more difficult but just on my lifestyle. NBD.

By quitting you risk being put on the No rehire list...

Overpaid Union Thug

I spent 6 weeks in San Antonio for basic training. Beautiful city. We went to the Riverwalk and to a Spurs game.

I was stationed at Lackland. Hated it! San Antonio is alright to visit. Living there?....not so much.

We had a preloader transfer to Colorado to finish school. The process took at least 6 months, if not closer to a year, to complete. He is a facebook friend of my daughter and she tells me that he has graduated and has since left the company to use his degree.

We've had plenty of people transfer to my center over the years but I was the only one that actually attended college after I transferred. Everyone else just enrolled and then dropped out once they had their transfer.

shyne504

I been working at ups since 2006. I transfer to another building because of school reasons. But when I finish school I came back to my original building. But when it came down for me to become a full time driver. I was told I can't because I lost my building seniority but no one never told me this and it's not in the union handbook stating that. So I need answers on how can I keep my original seniority. Thanks

Sent using BrownCafe App

joeboodog

good people drink good beer
I been working at ups since 2006. I transfer to another building because of school reasons. But when I finish school I came back to my original building. But when it came down for me to become a full time driver. I was told I can't because I lost my building seniority but no one never told me this and it's not in the union handbook stating that. So I need answers on how can I keep my original seniority. Thanks

Sent using BrownCafe App
Talk to your shop steward. He should be able to help.

superballs63

Well-Known Troll
Troll

I'm guessing you didn't major in English, or ANY kind of writing class.

Back on topic: You retain your original seniority date, the date you were hired so you have all your sick days and vacation weeks that you are due. However, you did lose your building seniority (twice) when you bounced around from hub to hub. I understand that you transferred for school, and when you arrived at that other building your seniority date for that building was started on that date. When you returned to your original building, that hub seniority date changed again to the date you started there.

So in (not so) short, you have lost your original hub seniority date for purposes of bidding and going FT. It sucks, but that's how it goes.