Egos

Holydriver

I'm talking cigarette ashes, sunflower seeds, garbage, spilled coffee, chicken bones, overflowing rotten garbage cans, etc. The dust I understand.
yea that makes sense. im just used to seeing trucks with 200k+ miles that has dirt caked on the floor from the trucks maiden voyage

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
We drivers are gifted with greatness by divine right!
Watch as the Driver steps into the center!

rk8zJE.gif

Gear

Parts on Order
Fired. Dishonesty

Maybe, maybe not. From what I seen, mechanics arent fired for just any reason. Its like I work for a different company. If a driver gets fired, there are several guys standing there to take his place. If a mechanic gets fired, they're down a man while they search for a new hire. Which could take 1-3 months. Meanwhile his trucks are falling apart, getting red tagged, because the other mechanics still have their own fleet. Now they're paying overtime, which supervisors hate. It can turn into a big snow ball effect. This puts unwanted stress on the auto supervisor. Im not saying Im untouchable, Im just saying I dont have the same fears of loosing my job. We can ALL be replaced, some are just harder to replace then others. I will never steal a package, so I have no worries about being fired.

Dr.Brownz

Great point. Our center has 2 new sups with combined drive time of 7 months. One of which dropped 4 or 5 routes in 6 months. The other got his 30 days and went into management. It should make for an interesting year.

In my experience those are the worst sups. They are probably used to cutting corners (not following methods) to get done and will now expect this from everyone.

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
I'll use that. Sometimes they write the dumbest crap, I get annoyed and pitch it.
friendly here. be careful about tossing write up away. that is a federal document. i may be wrong about this. they tried to fire one of our drivers for tearing out a page with safety writeups so he could drive his tractor that night.

Cementups

Box Monkey
And you don't have to know how to deliver em to load em. But that's not the point anyway.

While this is true, it sure helps. I was a decent preloader, or so I thought. I was on preload for 2.5 years until I drove. Thought I loaded great. Went driving for a year until the strike in 97. After the strike I got sent back to preload because there was no work driving. I went back to the area I loaded before and the drivers I loaded for said I did a heck of lot better after having had some experience with other people's crappy loads. I helps you appreciate a good load more as well.

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
Mechanic refused to work on pkg car where the floor was covered in chew spit. They made the driver clean it before the mechanics worked on it.

I bid a 22.3, preload/porter job for a year. We had a supe who used his trash can as a spittoon.

I refused to take his trash out.

Holydriver

I bid a 22.3, preload/porter job for a year. We had a supe who used his trash can as a spittoon.

I refused to take his trash out.

Mechanic refused to work on pkg car where the floor was covered in chew spit. They made the driver clean it before the mechanics worked on it.

i was at a party as a younger me several several years ago. sat my beer down, did whatever and picked it back up to take a drink. well, i grabbed someones spit bottle. as soon as that :censored2: hit my lips i knew what was up and it was spit out. youd be surprised at how fast you can recognize a problem inside your mouth