EIN..

froggysi

Hey guys, I was a seasonal driver helper this past season and I've been trying to get my EIN number (same one from what would be on my w2) for the past 3 days but I can't get a hold of anyone locally phone just rings. I've also called the E-HR number but haven't made it to a person yet. Does anyone here have any other ideas on who I could contact?

dannyboy

From the promised LAND
my suggestion is that you wait until you get your w2. but it should have been on any paychecks you got from ups as well.

i can not imagine any hr worth anything that would give out ein's over the phone. that is a great way to get sued.

d

froggysi

I've checked my paystubs over and over not there, I was hoping to file early since I haven't found any other work yet and the refund would be helpful. But I'm guessing I'll probably have to wait by the mailbox.

dannyboy

From the promised LAND
i understand the issue of no money coming in. its tough.

as for the ein, if its that important, make the trip to the center. there will be somone there that can access the info. but it would be a very bad idea for them to hand out info over the phone. that is a big no no, unless they know you personally.

so if the refund wont wait on the w2, which will be there around the 30th, then make the trip.

now, one more thing. your ein is not the same as ups's ein. ups's ein will need to appear on the tax forms, but to file taxes, you would use your ss#, not your personal ein at ups. at least i never saw a spot on a tax form for the employee id #, only the employer id. and that was what you were asking for
trying to get my EIN number

d

dannyboy

From the promised LAND
what you will find is that each region and maybe even districts will have their own federal ein. and for each state as well. so it depends on where you work as to the ein you have.

when we worked out of va, it was one, when they took us to tennessee, it was another.

d

froggysi

I went to EIN finder and it brought up 13 different numbers all the ones you guys listed where on there, I was able to get the number from a guy who worked in the warehouse here. Thanks for all the help though :happy2:

UPSGUY72

I went to EIN finder and it brought up 13 different numbers all the ones you guys listed where on there, I was able to get the number from a guy who worked in the warehouse here. Thanks for all the help though :happy2:

Since you got 13 different numbers you must have them all now just pick the one you think it is OR WAIT FOR YOUR W2 like anyone with a brain would do.

Better make sure your parents can't claim you on there taxes becasue if they can and do you can't file a return.

BLACKBOX

Life is a Highway...
i understand the issue of no money coming in. its tough.

Whatever you do, do not get a "tax refund anticipation loan" from these companies like HR Block, Money Stores, etc.....you are looking at a world of hurt when payback time comes around.

froggysi

Since you got 13 different numbers you must have them all now just pick the one you think it is OR WAIT FOR YOUR W2 like anyone with a brain would do.

Better make sure your parents can't claim you on there taxes becasue if they can and do you can't file a return.

If you kept reading I said I got the correct number. I'm 27 so I'm pretty sure my parents can't claim me or my kids anymore thanks for the tip though.

Whatever you do, do not get a "tax refund anticipation loan" from these companies like HR Block, Money Stores, etc.....you are looking at a world of hurt when payback time comes around.

Yeah I learned my lesson on that awhile ago, E-File with direct deposit is the way to go..