Election 2016

wkmac

The clown car wasn't large enough last night as two debates were needed. Time to upgrade to the short bus.

I don't watch debates because my perception of the whole process is just as you pointed out regardless of when, where or whom. IMO the only thing missing for these debates is the accompanying music to delight the children.

ImWaitingForTheDay

Annoy a conservative....Think for yourself
Agreed. Walker is very much middle of the pack. He didn't make any big mistakes in the debate but he also failed to impress enough to stand out from the crowd.
What came out of this "debate" loud and clear is that Walker is duller than dirt and without some charisma and with his record in Wisconsin, the only thing he has going for him is Kochroach money.

Walker isn't just an empty suit with strings on his arms and legs, he embodies the worst aspects of the Reagan era failures. He is knowingly and willingly corrupt, without moral values as he is willing to sacrifice anybody, anywhere and at anytime if it pleases his masters.

ImWaitingForTheDay

Annoy a conservative....Think for yourself
Dear Charles and David,
You want your guy dumb enough to control him, but not so dumb that it shows so much.Just want to go on record: this is my favorite photo of Scott Walker.
Walker appears almost as intelligent as Dubya AKA..the shrub. Pretty good for a Republican.

Seriously tho, I am amazed that the Koch brothers are strong supporters of Walker. Guess its because he will do whatever they tell him.

Last edited:

wkmac

I predict such an economic plan will sell so well with UPSers, especially the drivers, that nearly 100% of UPSers will vote for the candidate who proposed it! (Sarcasm) ;)

Of course he doesn't mention that those same people working more hours will also incur a larger tax bill on April 15th. So in whose self interest is he actually working on behalf of?

Why not tax holiday the pay of those part timers so they take home the full amount? I mean if this grows the economy, why not grow it even more?

wkmac

And one other economic idea. So $15 an hour minimum wage is out of the question and no doubt there are problems there but why not make it so that anyone making under $15 per hour pays no federal wage taxes to the point that no money is withheld from the paycheck nor do they file a yearly return? And this also effects many state income taxes as the provision of being liable for a state income tax hinges on the taxpayer first being liable for any federal income tax. With no federal liability present, no state liability exists either and the low wage employee walks home with the full paycheck amount.

So are we serious about helping the working poor and reducing taxes or is just about lip service for political ends?

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
What came out of this "debate" loud and clear is that Walker is duller than dirt and without some charisma and with his record in Wisconsin, the only thing he has going for him is ersonal president.Kochroach money.

Walker isn't just an empty suit with strings on his arms and legs, he embodies the worst aspects of the Reagan era failures. He is knowingly and willingly corrupt, without moral values as he is willing to sacrifice anybody, anywhere and at anytime if it pleases his masters.

I guess Scotty is the front runner for Koch money, all part of their plan to spend $10 billion to install their personal tool.

realbrown1

Annoy a liberal today. Hit them with facts.
I guess Scotty is the front runner for Koch money, all part of their plan to spend $10 billion to install their personal tool.
I never hear you talk of the big Democrat billionaire donors meeting with them behind closed doors.

ALL politicians are bought and paid for by these billionaires.

Except of course, Donald Trump.

moreluck

golden ticket member
3InxcpJ.gif

wkmac

Got a good chuckle from this but Mr. Twain seems to me to be speaking that over time politicians fill up like diapers and thus must be discarded. Looking at the current crop of Presidential possibles, I suggest even before getting the job, their diapers are already overflowing.

wkmac

Watch Ben Swann at CBS 46 in Atlanta take Mike Huckabee dancing on Reality Check. Love how the Huckster does the "CON"servative 2 step. Then he tries to sell the corn bidness as victim when the truth is more like Brer Rabbit in the briar patch. Ah those poor bidness men harmed by big, bad, ole gov't and we've got to do something to help those poor souls.

Oh and when he's backed to the wall, then out comes the talking point, "we need small gov't as a solution to all of this."

Crush crony capitalism with a freed market which is the last thing they, including the Huckster, want.

wkmac

"If you think you can wear the ring of power and not be corrupted by its influence then you suffer from a destructive delusion far greater than ignorance. It is not that some classes are unfit to rule. All classes are unfit to rule!"