Electric/plug in hybrid drivers?

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by brown67, Jul 10, 2016.

1. brown67

brown67 Active Member

Does anyone drive an EV or PHV? Wondering if UPS let's you plug them in while you are working

Also, what do you drive, and how do you like it? I'm looking at the new Prius Prime that's coming out later this year. 22 miles on battery, then 52 mpg hybrid after battery is gone.
  2. Clock Sucker

Clock Sucker I handle a lot of packages

I'm guessing UPS won't allow you to plug in anything. It will cost them the tiniest bit of money in electricity and that won't fly with them.

We have some harsh winters here and they wont even allow us to plug in our vehicles (block heater) due to "Liability reasons"
  3. Not allowed to even plug in a radio on pre-load anymore. Gave some BS excuse about poss. electrocution cause it was by the dock door.

Plus just recently took away the coffee maker in the break room. Even if employees brought cans of coffee in.....nope, no more coffee maker.

4. burrheadd

burrheadd Superstar

But you can only drive it if your wearing a skirt
  5. Or if you are a vegan who does crossfit

And tells everyone that you are a vegan who does crossfit
  6. Indecisi0n

Indecisi0n Well-Known Member

Driver was fired here for stealing electricity charging his iPhone.
  7. UpstateNYUPSer

UpstateNYUPSer Very proud grandfather.

Which bathroom should he use?
  8. moreluck

moreluck golden ticket member

You want to drive a plug in car......don't expect anyone else to pay for your electricity to run it. You don't buy a stranger's gas.
  9. brown67

brown67 Active Member

A lot companies offer charging as a benfit to their employees. Especially in Colorado. Just curious.
  10. Dr.Brown

Dr.Brown Swollen Member

we had a clerk that was told to unplug the fan at his station for the same reason... in the middle of summer

the supe is no longer with the company
  11. UpstateNYUPSer

UpstateNYUPSer Very proud grandfather.

Perhaps they should offer encyclopedias instead.

BSWALKS Easily Amused

Or dictionaries
  13. Wally

Wally Hailing from Parts Unknown.

Drive a gas guzzler. It's the American way.
  14. Gear

Gear Parts on Order

Someone keeps unplugging our radio and putting it in our office. I assume it someone's cowardly way of saying, "No radio." I keep putting it back.
  15. By The Book

By The Book Well-Known Member

Really? Did this driver ever use his iPhone to call the office or do UPS business with it?
  16. By The Book

By The Book Well-Known Member

I wonder if UPS would go for it if you are usually running misroutes on your way home? Heck I might even swing by the pumps on the way out.
  17. Indecisi0n

Indecisi0n Well-Known Member

Does it matter? This guy could use all the legal tips he can get.
  18. trickpony1

trickpony1 Well-Known Member

....or classes in social/interpersonal skills?
  19. moreluck

moreluck golden ticket member

One time in Idaho Falls a driver pulled his personal car to the pumps, filled up........he had no job when he showed up for work the next day. He probably got a bill too.
  20. Dr.Brown

Dr.Brown Swollen Member

we had a guy years ago, doing a drop box p/up route using his personal vehicle.... he took it through the carwash at the end of his day.... funny stuff