Electric/plug in hybrid drivers?

Knothead

Yep.
Our local mall recently put in a 6 bay electric charging station----the only problem is that it is only for Tesla's. Our median income for this area is just over $50K----not a whole lot of Tesla's on our streets.
The median income in my area is $37k and I see Teslas galore. Either you don't understand what median means, or you are talking out your rectum.

Future

Victory Ride
image.jpeg
NYS Power Vista.......

moreluck

golden ticket member
median - measurement so chosen that half the numbers in the series are above it and half are below it. The median of 1,3,4,8,9,10 is 6.
(Thorndike Barnhart Comprehensive Desk Dictionary)

Knothead

Yep.
median - measurement so chosen that half the numbers in the series are above it and half are below it. The median of 1,3,4,8,9,10 is 6.
(Thorndike Barnhart Comprehensive Desk Dictionary)
So, in the earlier example, according to the poster who shall not be named, half the people in his area make less than $50k and the other half make more. Plenty of tesla money there. Unless said poster was trying to find a "smart" way to say 'average.'

oldngray

nowhere special
So, in the earlier example, according to the poster who shall not be named, half the people in his area make less than $50k and the other half make more. Plenty of tesla money there. Unless said poster was trying to find a "smart" way to say 'average.'

Average or mean would show a higher number than median. A few millionaires and billionaires can skew the average.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

The median household income in Clinton County (NY) is $50,032. I have yet to see a Tesla, whether locally owned or tourist driven, in our area.

moreluck

golden ticket member
It's easiest to see "median" in home prices. If the median price of homes in your zip code is $870,000.00 dollars (on purpose), then half the homes in your zip are over that price.

moreluck

golden ticket member
The median household income in Clinton County (NY) is $50,032. I have yet to see a Tesla, whether locally owned or tourist driven, in our area.
It's the different part of the country.....Back in Ohio we hardly ever saw a Mercedes (80's)....moved toCA and saw them every day many times. I see Teslas daily and lambos and Ferraris and Bentleys too. More white collar areas have more luxury cars.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

It's the different part of the country.....Back in Ohio we hardly ever saw a Mercedes (80's)....moved toCA and saw them every day many times. I see Teslas daily and lambos and Ferraris and Bentleys too. More white collar areas have more luxury cars.

That has nothing to do with them putting Tesla only charging stations in a mall located where nobody owns one.

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
That has nothing to do with them putting Tesla only charging stations in a mall located where nobody owns one.

The mall didn't install the Superchargers. Tesla apparently leased or bought the small amount of land from the mall. Tesla owns and operates the charging stations for the convenience of their owners, at no charge BTW.

It seems as though Tesla ia anticipating a need in your area.

cheryl

I started this.
Staff member
Tesla wants them to be affordable for the masses.

Tony and I stood in a long line to put in orders for a tesla model 3 when 10k in tax credits was still available. Those credits made the base model about 25k.

oldngray

nowhere special
Tesla wants them to be affordable for the masses.

Tony and I stood in a long line to put in orders for a tesla model 3 when 10k in tax credits was still available. Those credits made the base model about 25k.

Tesla has never been able to either manufacture or sell close to their projections or even being close enough to show a profit. They can only survive because of all the credits and incentives from the government.

cheryl

I started this.
Staff member
Tesla has never been able to either manufacture or sell close to their projections or even being close enough to show a profit. They can only survive because of all the credits and incentives from the government.
I've heard that before. Doesn't stop me from wanting a model 3 and accepting 10k in tax credits.

oldngray

nowhere special
I've heard that before. Doesn't stop me from wanting a model 3 and accepting 10k in tax credits.

How long will your wait be? People ordered way more more than Tesla can manufacture very soon.

That 10k of yours does make a big difference. I think I saw the price at 35k+ but that must have been without incentives.

cheryl

I started this.
Staff member
How long will your wait be? People ordered way more more than Tesla can manufacture very soon.

That 10k of yours does make a big difference. I think I saw the price at 35k+ but that must have been without incentives.
We were told deliveries would start toward the end of 2017. I assume we will get ours in 2018.

tonyexpress

Whac-A-Troll Patrol
Staff member

Watch the video.. Starting at min 4 Elon Musk explains the scale-up process. Starting with the more expensive, low volume car to pay and pave the way to mass production.

As of April this year Tesla has 373,000 reservations for the model 3 alone. While incentives and rebates helped get them off the ground the mass production that will keep them around and viable is just beginning.

The first 200,000 of that 373,000 received a $7,500 federal and a $2,500 California or $10,000 total tax incentive, that is why we're on the hook for 2 and waited a couple of hours in line. A $1,000 fully refundable deposit for each vehicle and a base line entry price of approximately $25,000.

Upstate may even start to see them in his neck of the woods.:biggrin:

They are an ever growing presence here and we have a FREE Tesla charging station less than a mile from our house.

Orion inc.

I like turtles
Watch the video.. Starting at min 4 Elon Musk explains the scale-up process. Starting with the more expensive, low volume car to pay and pave the way to mass production.

As of April this year Tesla has 373,000 reservations for the model 3 alone. While incentives and rebates helped get them off the ground the mass production that will keep them around and viable is just beginning.

The first 200,000 of that 373,000 received a $7,500 federal and a $2,500 California or $10,000 total tax incentive, that is why we're on the hook for 2 and waited a couple of hours in line. A $1,000 fully refundable deposit for each vehicle and a base line entry price of approximately $25,000.

Upstate may even start to see them in his neck of the woods.:biggrin:

They are an ever growing presence here and we have a FREE Tesla charging station less than a mile from our house.
In 5 years, tesla will be a bigger player and will be in a very good position to easily deliver their product faster.

He's developed a home powering system that will be a game changer IMO.