Electric/plug in hybrid drivers?

brown67

The $7500 tax credit isn't applied to lower the price of the car. It's just a credit on your tax return. Also, have to have tax liabilty of $7500 to get the full amount. If you only have a $5000 tax liability then you only get $5000. Most full-time UPSers should get the full amount.

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
Watch the video.. Starting at min 4 Elon Musk explains the scale-up process. Starting with the more expensive, low volume car to pay and pave the way to mass production.

As of April this year Tesla has 373,000 reservations for the model 3 alone. While incentives and rebates helped get them off the ground the mass production that will keep them around and viable is just beginning.

The first 200,000 of that 373,000 received a $7,500 federal and a $2,500 California or $10,000 total tax incentive, that is why we're on the hook for 2 and waited a couple of hours in line. A $1,000 fully refundable deposit for each vehicle and a base line entry price of approximately $25,000.

Upstate may even start to see them in his neck of the woods.:biggrin:

They are an ever growing presence here and we have a FREE Tesla charging station less than a mile from our house.

I have read, Tony, that the Model 3 will not have free charging except as an option.

Also, the range is less than a Model S or X without a software upgrade.

Still attractive for the price.

Rodney25

Does anyone drive an EV or PHV? Wondering if UPS let's you plug them in while you are working

Also, what do you drive, and how do you like it? I'm looking at the new Prius Prime that's coming out later this year. 22 miles on battery, then 52 mpg hybrid after battery is gone.

I drive a 2014 Chevy Volt. I get about 45 to 50 miles per charge most of the year. It does drop to about 38 to 40 during winter.
My commute is 38 miles round trip. After my battery runs out of electricity the gas engine fires up to generate electricity to run the car.
I have not been able to plug in to charge at work... Yet.
Test drive new 2017 Volt, gets about 60+ miles on a charge..

Rack em

Made the Podium
I drive a 2014 Chevy Volt. I get about 45 to 50 miles per charge most of the year. It does drop to about 38 to 40 during winter.
My commute is 38 miles round trip. After my battery runs out of electricity the gas engine fires up to generate electricity to run the car.
I have not been able to plug in to charge at work... Yet.
Test drive new 2017 Volt, gets about 60+ miles on a charge..
So take a full charge to work and since you should get 38-40 miles from a full charge and your commute is 38 miles then you should be fine. And if you need to go a whole mile on gas then so be it. With unleaded at $2.09 right now you can afford a mile a day.