Electronic dog deterrents

Jim Kemp

Has anyone out there ever used one of these electronic dog deterrents? If so how well does it work and where did you get it?

browned out

I think tasers are illegal so i can't name a store that would sell them.

Its not a taser it's more of a high pitched sound only dogs can hear. Buy one and let us know. They are not very expensive.

One maroon dog on my route tries to attack the window beside the front door. when i put the dr notice up; the dog tries to attack it.

Big Babooba

Its not a taser it's more of a high pitched sound only dogs can hear. Buy one and let us know. They are not very expensive.

One maroon dog on my route tries to attack the window beside the front door. when i put the dr notice up; the dog tries to attack it.
Those are my favorite stops. I take my time and make sure that the delivery notice won't blow away. You have to wipe the glass and rub the adhesive strip for a few seconds to get a good bond. Boy do the dogs go bonkers! They just don't realize that I want to make sure that their owner(s) get their package in a timely manner. Stupid dogs!

moreluck

golden ticket member
My dog has a bark collar. It gives a shock when she barks a bunch and gets stronger the more she barks. I'm told it's like a shock from dragging your feet across a rug and then touching someone. She's a yapper. The collar works for the barking problem.

bigbrownhen

It wont work this time of year, at least I hope none of us are working in the dark right now. I have a lab on my route that belongs to an elderly lady, very protective. A flashlight in her eyes(the dog not the lady), keeps her away so I can make it to the porch. Obviously this only works when its dark.

yeaalabama1212

If you have an iPhone, you can download an app that produces high pitched sounds. I use it for two particular dogs and they get no closer than 10ft within the phone.

klein

Für Meno :)
It wont work this time of year, at least I hope none of us are working in the dark right now. I have a lab on my route that belongs to an elderly lady, very protective. A flashlight in her eyes(the dog not the lady), keeps her away so I can make it to the porch. Obviously this only works when its dark.

Maybe a laserbeam then ? :funny:

Rebrak24

I have a device the size of a garage door remote. It works on smart dogs. Other dogs that just bark too much don't even notice it because their own ears can't hear past their barking. I'm not brave enough to use it enough on any dangerous dogs.

JonFrum

My dog has a bark collar. It gives a shock when she barks a bunch and gets stronger the more she barks. I'm told it's like a shock from dragging your feet across a rug and then touching someone. She's a yapper. The collar works for the barking problem.
When "Telematics: Phase Two" is rolled out, a Driver Shock Collar (DSC) will be worn at all times while on duty.

I'm told drivers have nothing to worry about though. Just follow the Methods.

over9five

Staff member
Those are my favorite stops. I take my time and make sure that the delivery notice won't blow away. You have to wipe the glass and rub the adhesive strip for a few seconds to get a good bond. Boy do the dogs go bonkers! They just don't realize that I want to make sure that their owner(s) get their package in a timely manner. Stupid dogs!

I love to make faces and growl at them thru the glass. That really makes them go nuts!

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
The only electronic dog deterrent I use is called a DIAD 4. If they get close enough, I shove it into their mouths. It has a handle on the side, I guess you could swing it and knock them out with it.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

The only electronic dog deterrent I use is called a DIAD 4. If they get close enough, I shove it into their mouths. It has a handle on the side, I guess you could swing it and knock them out with it.

I used to like DIAD's I and II as they were much more effective in deterring dogs but DIAD IV works just fine. A quick smack on their nose usually does the trick.

I am sitting here trying to picture the guy with the i-Phone holding his phone up while a Pit Bull comes charging at him. I guess he could then use it to call 911.

Big Babooba

I used to like DIAD's I and II as they were much more effective in deterring dogs but DIAD IV works just fine. A quick smack on their nose usually does the trick.

I am sitting here trying to picture the guy with the i-Phone holding his phone up while a Pit Bull comes charging at him. I guess he could then use it to call 911.
Diad 2 was the best dog defender. I've torn the handle off of Diad 4 by playing Whack a Dog. But fret not. Our researchers at Big Babooba Enterprises are on the verge of creating the ultimate dog deterrent!

[video=youtube;vXIcW7M35L4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vXIcW7M35L4[/video]

browndude

i have one of the electronic ones. they passed a few of them out in my center. some dogs take off running to get away while others act like they don't hear it. but it beats nothing.