Eliminating MIP below Level 20

FracusBrown

Ponies and Planes
Nothing angers me, I live a good life. I enjoy logging on here to listen to clueless people * remaining text deleted by cheryl

Insults don't do much to disprove anything I've said. So far your entire argument is that I don't know anything. If you have some facts to disprove anything I've said, I'd love to hear them.

Tell us something significant about the management conference if you're so "in the know." I'll give you a hint Riddle me this - what's normally thin and white, but tone is an exception at this high level?

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Nothing angers me, I live a good life. I enjoy logging on here to listen to clueless people like you talk about things they know nothing about. I bet you are on of those guys that put in for part time supervision and didn't get it. Now you spend your days trying to be buddies with management folk because you envy them.
Insults don't do much to disprove anything I've said. So far your entire argument is that I don't know anything. If you have some facts to disprove anything I've said, I'd love to hear them.

Tell us something significant about the management conference if you're so "in the know." I'll give you a hint Riddle me this - what's normally thin and white, but tone is an exception at this high level?

Don't take it personally, SOCKS reacts to everyone like this.
The best way to deal with him is to ignore him.

UPSSOCKS

What you don't understand is, I don't want you to know anything. That's what seperates me from you. You are not privelaged enough to know the information that you seek.

trickpony1

FracusBrown;750333Tell us something significant about the management conference if you're so "in the know." I'll give you a hint Riddle me this - what's normally thin and white said:
I know the answer!!!!!!

.......females promoted to Division Manager level and above.

FracusBrown

Ponies and Planes
I still wanna know the answer.

Guest Speaker

“We need a common enemy to unite us.”
as4.gif
Condoleezza Rice quote

Mapp

Choo Choo
I often wonder who will be willing to go fulltime management into UPS anymore. They've taken away almost any benefit to being in management, if they take away the MIP, the only thing left are the long days and being called worthless on a daily basis. The management pension for new hires is essentially gone. The 401k match is no where in sight and they took away our health insurance carrier options 2 years ago. When the current crop of operations sups is gone, they won't have anyone to fill the voids, all the on-car sups I know have atleast 20-25 years in.

Karma...

I often wonder who will be willing to go fulltime management into UPS anymore. They've taken away almost any benefit to being in management, if they take away the MIP, the only thing left are the long days and being called worthless on a daily basis. The management pension for new hires is essentially gone. The 401k match is no where in sight and they took away our health insurance carrier options 2 years ago. When the current crop of operations sups is gone, they won't have anyone to fill the voids, all the on-car sups I know have atleast 20-25 years in.

Well, the idea seems to be to purge the company of the remnants of the Old Guard. Future management will be hired off the street...new company...new rules...no loyalties....the transformation from private to public...

UPSSOCKS

Yeah you're right. I am sure all the part time management working at poverty level incomes wouldn't want a full time gig that pays more than triple what they are making now. We might as well close the doors....

Pacman

To paraphrase Jim Casey when he was ask what would cause the company to fail, " the loss of inspired management is the one thing that could destroy UPS". UPS is only a job now and the people that still believe anything else are starry eyed idiots you refuse to think and run their part of the business using worthless dogmatic sayings they believe will carry them to the next level of the sinking ship. The lack of inspired leadership in UPS has passe the tipping point and it is all downhill from here.

pretzel_man

This Thread is so "Telling"; better than the WSJ..........

A telling thread based on an unfounded rumor. MIP is not going away...

A lot of what is said is true however. Management at UPS is nowhere near as good as it once was.... But its not because the work is harder or more stressful. We still had the same stuff to deal with back then. SPORH, PPH, and Ov/Un were king and we were pushed just as hard for performance. We worked no less hours than today....

The big difference between then and now (the last 10 years) is stock growth. As a management person, the magic was the growth in stock each quarter. We knew that we killed ourselves daily to see the stock growth at the directors' meeting.

We need the stock to grow. While some people cry about what UPS has taken away, we forget that its the competition that has taken things away. They compete on cost and pay almost 1/2 for a driver than we pay. We did not have to deal with that in the old days... We need our packages back. We need the stock to grow.

P-Man

fxdwg

Long Time Member

A lot of what is said is true however. Management at UPS is nowhere near as good as it once was.... But its not because the work is harder or more stressful. We still had the same stuff to deal with back then. SPORH, PPH, and Ov/Un were king and we were pushed just as hard for performance. We worked no less hours than today....

The big difference between then and now (the last 10 years) is stock growth. As a management person, the magic was the growth in stock each quarter. We knew that we killed ourselves daily to see the stock growth at the directors' meeting.

We need the stock to grow. While some people cry about what UPS has taken away, we forget that its the competition that has taken things away. They compete on cost and pay almost 1/2 for a driver than we pay. We did not have to deal with that in the old days... We need our packages back. We need the stock to grow.

P-Man

"Telling" in that there is so much BS being thrown around one cannot believe anything.

Hawaii50

Well, the idea seems to be to purge the company of the remnants of the Old Guard. Future management will be hired off the street...new company...new rules...no loyalties....the transformation from private to public...

You got that right. The new UPS and it's crazy policies.

Popeye

P-Man

Correction: We DID need to deal with it in "the old days". But we didn't deal with it. We let small competitors get big at our expense.

FracusBrown

Ponies and Planes

P-Man

Never say never.

A few years ago I heard there was absolutely NO buyout coming.

I also heard the stock will NEVER go public, people are our MOST important asset, we take of our PEOPLE, we report EVERY accident and injury, Telematics is an AUTOMOTIVE program, PAS will save $600 mil per year, RPS is nothing to be concerned about, we treat our PEOPLE fairly, we promote from WITHIN (only), we don't HIRE relatives, we RESPECT every employees opinion, the Employee Opinion Survey is here to stay, there are no QUOTAS, and THE CHECK'S IN THE MAIL.

What does that tell you about what is NOT going to happen?

UPSSOCKS

Never say never.

I also heard the stock will NEVER go public, people are our MOST important asset, we take of our PEOPLE, we report EVERY accident and injury, Telematics is an AUTOMOTIVE program, PAS will save $600 mil per year, RPS is nothing to be concerned about, we treat our PEOPLE fairly, we promote from WITHIN (only), we don't HIRE relatives, we RESPECT every employees opinion, the Employee Opinion Survey is here to stay, there are no QUOTAS, and THE CHECK'S IN THE MAIL.

Buyouts will always come the only problem is that they are few and far between. If you just missed it this year, chances are you won't make it to the next one...

fxdwg

Long Time Member
Buyouts will always come the only problem is that they are few and far between. If you just missed it this year, chances are you won't make it to the next one...

ups "buy-Outs" will be way too expensive.............They will simpliy retire.

whiskeyagogo

Never say never.

Good point but this rumor doesn't have much chance because the elimination of MIP doesn't make a lot of financial sense. Most MIP recipients are putting in loads of overtime that would now have to be paid instead of being compensated by MIP.