Embarassing Moments !!

stoni24

Pulled up to a house after dark(man and his dog waiting for package). I open bulkhead door and out pops a black lab I had unknowingly picked up at last stop! Lab jumps on his dog and they both run off. Owner looks at me like WTF. I finally catch lab and get him back in truck. Give him package and leave. Yes I took the lab back home. Can't believe he didn't call that in on me. Moral of story... Close bulkhead door at every stop.

BSWALKS

Fugitive From Reality
I really wish it had not happened trust me.
I'm sure you do. The pastor trying to explain himself is the worst part for you. I mean everyone does it. He'll I'm doing it now. And I just did it another 2 times. But to walk in on somebody, ugh! Ya I'd have to bury that deep in the memory bank. Block it off way back & lock it down!

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Pulled up to a house after dark(man and his dog waiting for package). I open bulkhead door and out pops a black lab I had unknowingly picked up at last stop! Lab jumps on his dog and they both run off. Owner looks at me like WTF. I finally catch lab and get him back in truck. Give him package and leave. Yes I took the lab back home. Can't believe he didn't call that in on me. Moral of story... Close bulkhead door at every stop.

That's not a moral it's a method.

onestoptogo

Had a delivery to resi that required a signature. Knocked on door and said "UPS". Heard a voice say "Come on in".
I opened the unlocked door and walked in, but did not see anybody. Again I hear "Come on in" and I looked to
the corner of the room to see this talking parrot in a cage. Just as I was about to sneak back out the front door, this half dressed women walks in from another room. She says "Oh, he got you. He gets everybody".

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

i would never sign for the package. you are looking for trouble if you do. leave a del. notice and they can sign notice and leave the package the folowing day.

I also deliver to a funeral home. The owners are family friends. The packages are left on their enclosed front porch, which is also where the mailman leaves their mail, and I sign for them. I have never had a claim for this stop and they take care of me at Christmas.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Had a delivery to resi that required a signature. Knocked on door and said "UPS". Heard a voice say "Come on in".
I opened the unlocked door and walked in, but did not see anybody. Again I hear "Come on in" and I looked to
the corner of the room to see this talking parrot in a cage. Just as I was about to sneak back out the front door, this half dressed women walks in from another room. She says "Oh, he got you. He gets everybody".

Word of advice----when they say "come in" you should politely decline.

S

serenity now

I also deliver to a funeral home. The owners are family friends. The packages are left on their enclosed front porch, which is also where the mailman leaves their mail, and I sign for them. I have never had a claim for this stop and they take care of me at Christmas.

when you sign for them, your name or their name?

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture

I wish I could work in Mayberry.
I dont think you do these things FOR your customers, rather you do them for your own ego.
You are way to eager to tell these stories to anybody who will listen.
I hope some day you will find a way to forgive yourself for whatever demons loom in your "closet".