Emergency Room cost

Hello everyone,

I have a question, I had to take my son to the ER today because of severe stomach pain. They took x-rays. He did not stay overnight. With Teamcare, How much will this cost?

I looked online and this is what i found.

Emergency Room 100%, on first day of accident only or if admitted, otherwise 80% then 100% after out-of-pocket is met.

kingOFchester

Hello everyone,

I have a question, I had to take my son to the ER today because of severe stomach pain. They took x-rays. He did not stay overnight. With Teamcare, How much will this cost?

I looked online and this is what i found.

Emergency Room 100%, on first day of accident only or if admitted, otherwise 80% then 100% after out-of-pocket is met.

You will pay 20% of bill. Not an accident and not admitted.

Feel free to thank Hoffa/Hall

Like he said, you won't pay $90, $9 or 9 cents. Just 20%.......

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
I find it oddly curious that nowhere do you say how your son is doing, as if you are more concerned about the cost than his condition.

I fully understand where the OP is coming from. The OP was worried about his boy, but after that's done he's relieved about that, but now, worried about paying the bill.

One a side note, the ER coverage is one flaw of Teamcare. One trip could cost you $1000 easily.

dumptheoldguardteamsters

I find it oddly curious that nowhere do you say how your son is doing, as if you are more concerned about the cost than his condition.

Upstate it's a concession!!
Why are we paying 20% ???
The IBT is making a killing!!
The company is still paying top $ for the union to "SHOP" for my healthcare...
The IBT is the $$$$ maker here!!!

Sent using BrownCafe App

degill7994

Just had a baby and the total bill wasn't even that much. I'd check the bill before I paid anything.

Sent using BrownCafe App

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I'm confused---I have been told I was wrong when I have posted that the Union makes money off of our healthcare. Now you are saying they do. Which is it? (They do)

Well, i understand that. I was more concerned about my sons health, hence me taking him to the ER. Once that was over and he was ok, i started to think about the bill. That simple.

No hard feelings man.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
The IBT is making a killing!!

The IBT is the $$$$ maker here!!!

Wrong.

Any educated person knows what's going on...
My 20k this year the company paid was not ALL used for my healthcare!!
IBT = Cash cow

Educated members do know.

Stop trying to BS people.

I'm confused---I have been told I was wrong when I have posted that the Union makes money off of our healthcare. Now you are saying they do. Which is it?
H&W funds are divided contractually between our pension and healthcare.

The company pays contributions directly to the appropriate funds.

The only monies the Union receives, is from the collection of dues.

The other poster doesn't know this....

Or, is just "flapping his gums" to stir the pot.

Typical TDU crap.

-Bug-