Emergency Room cost

oldngray

nowhere special
I'm not paying $400/month wise one, I'm paying $100.00/month. So I guess I'm still not in your club. I'll just keep rubbing you the wrong way I suppose.

$100 first year then increases following years. My local had good healthcare but lousy pension so it was a trade off. Now still same lousy pension with worse healthcare.

Xexys

Retired and Happy
Until this last contract (it got bumped up by $402.00), my old local hadn't had a raise in the pension since I don't know when. Maybe the early 1990's? Milkman, help me out here...when was the last time we got a bump in the pension?

Way back then, we had the second best pension in the country, just underneath the 804. Now both L804 and L177 are in the middle of the pack and losing ground because of the cost of living in the tri-state area.

kingOFchester

Until this last contract (it got bumped up by $402.00), my old local hadn't had a raise in the pension since I don't know when. Maybe the early 1990's? Milkman, help me out here...when was the last time we got a bump in the pension?

Way back then, we had the second best pension in the country, just underneath the 804. Now both L804 and L177 are in the middle of the pack and losing ground because of the cost of living in the tri-state area.

I think all this talk about pension will result in the union combining them and bringing us all to the lowest level.

The Milkman

Sorry, I forgot I'm dealing with the whole country here. We (L177) never had to pay anything for our insurance while I was working before this last contract, EVER. Since I retired, I have paid $50.00/month for the same coverage I enjoyed while I worked.

Too bad your local hasn't looked out for you guys. I guess though since you never knew what others were enjoying, you just didn't know the difference. I always knew my old local was strong, it's just now that I'm realizing how strong it really was/is.
Yes 177 was strong and more than likely still stronger than many other locals countrywide. Just goes to show you that a strong local gets results, well at least in the past. Others that have to pay more than we do/did Xman pay because they more than likely did not stand up to Big Brown like we did. Too late now for all those chances they had to grow a set of Balls

The Milkman

When I hung it up in 08 it was 3700 for quite some time, I remember when it went from 2500 to 3100 when Fritzy hung it up so it may have went up to 3700 next contract after 97....just my guess

Xexys

Retired and Happy
I'm having a hard time remembering what I did last week let alone what happened 20 years ago. Sucks getting old. :(

Fritzy was a stand up guy, always did things by the book. I remember doing his route while he was on vacation all the time and I always loved how he had written the RD Box #'s on the inside of the mailbox lids. Some of those old RD routes were tough as a new house was built after the RD run had been numbered, it could get pretty dicey with the box numbers; 121D, 121E, 121F...hell I remember that run up in Washington before those routes went to the Mt. Olive bldg. The RD 5's, one of the roads up there went into the double letters: 376AA-376QQ after 376A-376Z if I recall correctly. What a friggin nightmare! And these guys think they have it tough now.

The Milkman

I'm having a hard time remembering what I did last week let alone what happened 20 years ago. Sucks getting old. :(

Fritzy was a stand up guy, always did things by the book. I remember doing his route while he was on vacation all the time and I always loved how he had written the RD Box #'s on the inside of the mailbox lids. Some of those old RD routes were tough as a new house was built after the RD run had been numbered, it could get pretty dicey with the box numbers; 121D, 121E, 121F...hell I remember that run up in Washington before those routes went to the Mt. Olive bldg. The RD 5's, one of the roads up there went into the double letters: 376AA-376QQ after 376A-376Z if I recall correctly. What a friggin nightmare! And these guys think they have it tough now.
The harmony,Stewartsville. Rte of seamans was a rd nightmare. I remember Fritzy telling me as a rookie...don't take the bonus, take a dime more am hour because they can't take that away like the bonuses

Catatonic

Nine Lives
The harmony,Stewartsville. Rte of seamans was a rd nightmare. I remember Fritzy telling me as a rookie...don't take the bonus, take a dime more am hour because they can't take that away like the bonuses
That was the concept behind bonuses ... they did not become part of the employee's base pay.

The Milkman

That was the concept behind bonuses ... they did not become part of the employee's base pay.
Only a lure to get all the part timers to vote yes.....take the money and run...many did not care as they knew Ups was not the career at the time....quit shortly thereafter

Xexys

Retired and Happy

We should tell all the people here how he got fired. Would be kind of a hoot to hear some of the responses.

The Milkman

We should tell all the people here how he got fired. Would be kind of a hoot to hear some of the responses.
Dumb move by a 16 year driver, delivering to a rural vet. Soon money starts to disappear from the front desk register. So LP plants a $10 Bill in the till....couple days later they are following him...makes delivery...stops for lunch from what I remember ...gets busted when they find the 10 spot on Him.Gets the boot, had a nice rural route...ends up driving a school bus in town he lived in...Dumb move for sure...would of been retired long ago, more than likely kicking himself in the butt daily