Employee discounts

brianchd

Hello, I do use upsers.com,, but does anyone know if used cars are also available at a discount?, and as for new vehicles how much off of sticker price... Next question.. What are the benifets we get for discounted airfares, I have read there is a site that the password you use is 'no rev', and prices are just paying the taxes.. We are included with inter line travel privileges ... What are these web sites.. Thank you all for the help

UPSGUY72

Hello, I do use upsers.com,, but does anyone know if used cars are also available at a discount?, and as for new vehicles how much off of sticker price... Next question.. What are the benifets we get for discounted airfares, I have read there is a site that the password you use is 'no rev', and prices are just paying the taxes.. We are included with inter line travel privileges ... What are these web sites.. Thank you all for the help

I never buy new cars you loose your shirt when you drive them off the lot no matter what kind of deal you think your getting. I either lease or buy a used car with low miles....

upsgrunt

I just switched personal insurance to Liberty Mutual. I will save a ton over the next year.

Yeah, be careful with that, and know what you are getting into.
I tried that a couple years ago, and had to crawl back and beg my old insurance carrier to take me back.
LM isn't all it claims it is.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Yeah, be careful with that, and know what you are getting into.
I tried that a couple years ago, and had to crawl back and beg my old insurance carrier to take me back.
LM isn't all it claims it is.
I've had them for 10 years and never had a problem.

Indecisi0n

I read nightmare stories about LM. Then being the fact they give drivers the run around all the time I dropped them.

upsgrunt

What was the issue?

I got the invitation letter with the offer for payroll deduction of premiums. I switched everything over, and when I hadn't gotten any insurance cards or policies, I called. They told me I wasn't eligible, since I was hourly, and that I owed them several months premiums. When I asked why I should pay for coverage that I didn't have, and wasn't eligible for, and what would have happened if I had a claim, their response was "we probably would have covered you".
I never paid what they wanted, and I have never left my current insurer again.

Insaneasylum

I never buy new cars you loose your shirt when you drive them off the lot no matter what kind of deal you think your getting. I either lease or buy a used car with low miles....
You don't lose money on a new car! You just have to keep them till its paid off. If you do that your ahead of the game in the long run over used.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
You don't lose money on a new car! You just have to keep them till its paid off. If you do that your ahead of the game in the long run over used.
If you keep your cars for awhile I don't think it matters too much.

If you switch cars every other year. Yeah buy used.

BSWALKS

Fugitive From Reality
I got the invitation letter with the offer for payroll deduction of premiums. I switched everything over, and when I hadn't gotten any insurance cards or policies, I called. They told me I wasn't eligible, since I was hourly, and that I owed them several months premiums. When I asked why I should pay for coverage that I didn't have, and wasn't eligible for, and what would have happened if I had a claim, their response was "we probably would have covered you".
I never paid what they wanted, and I have never left my current insurer again.
Sounds like a nightmare.
I just switched from State Farm. Didn't have them long. Their rates skyrocketed after 6 months.
My rates are now locked for a year. Hopefully it works out for a long time.

upsgrunt

Sounds like a nightmare.
I just switched from State Farm. Didn't have them long. There rates skyrocketed after 6 months.
My rates are now locked for a year. Hopefully it works out for a long time.

I hope you are right, and that it works out great for you. Maybe I was the exception that had the bad experience.
I'm with Country Companies, and have been for the last 35 years. I feel like my agent "looks out for me", because of loyalty.

BSWALKS

Fugitive From Reality
I hope you are right, and that it works out great for you. Maybe I was the exception that had the bad experience.
I'm with Country Companies, and have been for the last 35 years. I feel like my agent "looks out for me", because of loyalty.
I was with my last carrier for close to 15 years. Their auto rates became unaffordable after the kids started driving. It was ridiculous.
I've heard the LM / Ups horror stories, but heard good things from a few family members that use them for personal lines.

brianchd

Ok what about used cars at a dealer?, and what about non rev plane tickets basically standbys but don't cost much at all domestic or internationally,, had a feeder driver tell me he has gotten discounts on used cars at dealers

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
what about non rev plane tickets basically standbys but don't cost much at all domestic or internationally
I'm pretty sure nonrev tickets are only available to pilots. Even then, I wouldn't want to depend on those. It's a lot harder to get onto flights standby.

rangerops

Absolutely no discounts on Used cars with Upsers discounts. It's only for new and the discount is from the manufacture. For GM cars it's usually $500 below invoice and they do show you the sheet for the car you are buying so there is no deception.