Employee discounts

upsgrunt

I am on my 3rd Nissan and have used the VPP (discount) each time. The sales person conceded that even he couldn't get anywhere near the deal that I got.

It is nice not to have to haggle over the sticker price.

Any chance they were blowing smoke up your ass with their comment just to make you feel like you are getting a deal?

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
I am on my 3rd Nissan and have used the VPP (discount) each time. The sales person conceded that even he couldn't get anywhere near the deal that I got.

It is nice not to have to haggle over the sticker price.

Just in case you don't know, Dave, you are not leasing your car from the dealer. They just act as brokers for a leasing company. That leasing company buys the car at a much lower price from the dealer (or manufacturer) than you could possibly imagine.

Any chance they were blowing smoke up your ass with their comment just to make you feel like you are getting a deal?

In all my years of buying cars, I never once had a salesman come out and tell me how badly I was getting screwed on the price.

Richard Harrow

Deplorable.
Just leased a new GM product for my wife. UPS discount was good for 1500, had a family member come along with me and co-sign because she is a current GM lessee and that was another 1500. Then there was $2750 in Labor Day cash from GM.

$5750 off sticker before we even started discussing numbers.

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
Just leased a new GM product for my wife. UPS discount was good for 1500, had a family member come along with me and co-sign because she is a current GM lessee and that was another 1500. Then there was $2750 in Labor Day cash from GM.

$5750 off sticker before we even started discussing numbers.

#gmproblems

clean hairy

I have checked in advance what the UPS discount will be, and I have beaten that price by a large margin every time.
Favorite of the sleazeman, uh, I mean sales rep is when they say "I am new here."
John Q Public believes they will beat this new person on price with no problem!
What John Q Public does not understand, while the Rep may be new, the folks in the back with decades of experience are guiding this new person.

Last edited:

Overpaid Union Thug

You don't lose money on a new car! You just have to keep them till its paid off. If you do that your ahead of the game in the long run over used.
It's a rip off either way. Even with our discounts. A huge chunk of the value of a new car (meaning the money that was paid or borrowed) is lost the moment the buyer sees the new car lot in their rear view mirror. And that's just the first drop in value.