Employee of the month?

Moneythehardway

Just curious, does your center do the employee of the month recognition? I asked because ours just started it in march (probably been doing it before i worked there and stopped it and now restarting it) And guess who got it in the sort area for the month of april ? Yours truly ;).

Because our center recognizes an employee of the month from each position (one from sort aisle, one from small sorts, one from loading etc...) We get a UPS bookbag with a few goodies inside, just wondering if any other center does this and if so what do they give you?

UnconTROLLed

perfection
Just curious, does your center do the employee of the month recognition? I asked because ours just started it in march (probably been doing it before i worked there and stopped it and now restarting it) And guess who got it in the sort area for the month of april ? Yours truly ;).

Because our center recognizes an employee of the month from each position (one from sort aisle, one from small sorts, one from loading etc...) We get a UPS bookbag with a few goodies inside, just wondering if any other center does this and if so what do they give you?

An expired gift card and a T-shirt. Really, they have been known to give gift cards with no balance.

As far as I'm concerned, the employee of the month goes to new people generally.

We had one kid who recieved employee of the month who unloaded 2000-3000 per hour, routinely buried people in the sort aisle and pretty much no one wanted to be around. He was only friends with supervisors. He was unsafe and eventually hurt his arm and was out for 4 months. Prior to that, he hurt himself several times. After the arm injury, he would come to work everyday and a supervisor would work for him -and he got to watch (extended training /demo they call it )- no more than an excuse to have a supervisor work and make numbers AND also prevent a DART injury (coverup). Beyond that, the same kid was going around doing saftey audits after peak of all people!! LOL

Typical UPS. :knockedout:

rod

Retired 22 years
We never had an Employee of the Month but they did give recognition to the slug of the day. They would be called into the office after the AM every morning for their reward:peaceful:

iowa boy

Here it costs too much money. They are more worried about making the numbers every month rather than recognizing an employee every now and then:smart:. Besides we all get recognized (like Rod said,) when we screw up.

Livin the Dream?

Disillusioned UPSer
Our center has offered a $25 gift card to all employees if we beat our last "injury free" run. We are 3 days away from beating the old record.

I will not be surprised, when, they take one $25 gift card & split it between all of the employees.

Jim Kemp

Here they Focus on the negative. Only recognition here is "LEAST BEST".
10, 15, 20, years safe driving you get nothing. but run over more than they think you should and you get called down in the am meeting.
30 years of service, Not a word, but deliver a pkg to the wrong house and see what happens. Even Tho you have del. many thousands without a mistake.

iowa boy

Our center has offered a $25 gift card to all employees if we beat our last "injury free" run. We are 3 days away from beating the old record.

I will not be surprised, when, they take one $25 gift card & split it between all of the employees.

We went over 3 years earlier this year, all we got was 2 slices of pizza, (yes, we were told that we get no more than 2 slices each.) :sad2:

UPSNewbie

An expired gift card and a T-shirt. Really, they have been known to give gift cards with no balance.

As far as I'm concerned, the employee of the month goes to new people generally.

We had one kid who recieved employee of the month who unloaded 2000-3000 per hour, routinely buried people in the sort aisle and pretty much no one wanted to be around. He was only friends with supervisors. He was unsafe and eventually hurt his arm and was out for 4 months. Prior to that, he hurt himself several times. After the arm injury, he would come to work everyday and a supervisor would work for him -and he got to watch (extended training /demo they call it )- no more than an excuse to have a supervisor work and make numbers AND also prevent a DART injury (coverup). Beyond that, the same kid was going around doing saftey audits after peak of all people!! LOL

Typical UPS. :knockedout:

Strange. There's a guy at my center who is just like that. Unloads at unfathomable speeds. One morning he got pissed because the sorter above him asked him to slow down, so he head-butted the plywood siding on the trailer. Gushing blood. Freaking idiot.

JimJimmyJames

Big Time Feeder Driver
In the last building I worked out of one supervisor would pick an employee of the month out of his group only. I am honored to say he picked me once and I received a gift card for $25.00 of gasoline.

This same supervisor would give the whole group gifts if we met our safety goals.

UnconTROLLed

perfection
Strange. There's a guy at my center who is just like that. Unloads at unfathomable speeds. One morning he got pissed because the sorter above him asked him to slow down, so he head-butted the plywood siding on the trailer. Gushing blood. Freaking idiot.

There's always a couple of them. Maybe 5-10% that are just complete company minded fools thinking theyre going somewhere

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ

There's always a couple of them. Maybe 5-10% that are just complete company minded fools thinking theyre going somewhere
This guy sounds more like he's got control issues, than being company minded. He should fit just right, as the next supes pet.:dissapointed:

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

We had a retiree pass away this past week and the center sent flowers and we all signed a card. My on-car confided that it took some arm twisting to have the center manager authorize the flowers due to the budget situation. Sad state of affairs.

tourists24

I must be employee of the month from last month.... I am receiving a 3 day ride from my Center Mgr sometime this week... says Ive been so overallowed that he is browning up himself to ride with me....

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
I must be employee of the month from last month.... I am receiving a 3 day ride from my Center Mgr sometime this week... says Ive been so overallowed that he is browning up himself to ride with me....
Prepare for the stugging! I've been "that" employee for the last few months, and am wondering what their next move will be. tourists, don't forget to do "all" of "their methods". The speed limit should always be obeyed, as it would look bad on the company if you got a ticket for speeding. Try not to break trace while delivering, even if the supe says, "but we're right here, let's knock this out". Uh uh, that's not how it's done. Stay on trace and show them exactly why you finish at the time you do. Take your full break/s, and no unecessary backs.

Man, I didn't realize how much I had to say, and I could go on and on about this. Good luck, I'll add you to my prayer list.

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
Prepare for the stugging! I've been "that" employee for the last few months, and am wondering what their next move will be. tourists, don't forget to do "all" of "their methods". The speed limit should always be obeyed, as it would look bad on the company if you got a ticket for speeding. Try not to break trace while delivering, even if the supe says, "but we're right here, let's knock this out". Uh uh, that's not how it's done. Stay on trace and show them exactly why you finish at the time you do. Take your full break/s, and no unecessary backs.

Man, I didn't realize how much I had to say, and I could go on and on about this. Good luck, I'll add you to my prayer list.
It's amazing isn't it, Steven, what things can change due to a happenstance.:happy2: