Employee Parking Lots

FilingBluesFL

I almost got t-boned one day by the District manager one day, because he was speeding through the parking lot talking on his cell phone.

Makes you feel great knowing these are the people in charge.

ChickenLegs

Safety Expert
ChickenLegs,

The purpose of my participation in this discussion is not to gripe or complain about conditions at UPS, management, the Union or for that matter anything at all about UPS. The sole purpose is to discuss the work-related issue mentioned in the post above with other employees as an initial step in engaging in some concerted activity to address this issue with the company as a group.

It is my hope that by addressing this issue in concert we not only be working for our own mutual aid, protection and improved working conditions, but we will be working for the benefit of any and all coworkers that may have been adversely affected by this issue.

Thanks for bringing up this topic.

I agree and with your assessment and your suggestions for taking personal responsibility while driving in the UPS employee parking lots.

I would like to add a couple of suggestions based upon deficiencies that I have witnessed to be chronic.

I would recommend that speed limit signs be posted in several locations in the parking lots where speed restrictions are not already posted.

Who on the BC works at a location the has speed limit signs in the employee parking lots?

I also would recommend that the PE Department find a way to do a better job maintaining parking lot lighting?

I find that when lighting fails it takes unreasonably long periods for those lights to be repaired?

Thanks ChickenLegs for well done discussion topic.

Sincerely,
I

Integrity, you have illuminated many good suggestions. It is my observation that speed limit signs AND speed bumps do not solve this issue. I have observed on many occasions that motorists will make any and all attempts to drive around a speed bump so they do not have to slow their speed. I believe some motorists suffer from tunnel vision when arriving or departing from work.

I believe the best way we can improve the safety of our parking lots is by informing others of the issues and provide them with tips. If we can analyze issues we can determine what steps need to be taken to address them. I am not sure any material added to the parking lot will make a difference.

You have also brought up another point about lighting in the parking lots. This is a serious issue and should be addressed immediately. Do you know why it takes an unreasonable amount of time to fix?

ChickenLegs

Safety Expert
I almost got t-boned one day by the District manager one day, because he was speeding through the parking lot talking on his cell phone.

Makes you feel great knowing these are the people in charge.
FilingBluesFL, I am glad you did not get hit. Did you bring this issue to your safety team or management?

FilingBluesFL

FilingBluesFL, I am glad you did not get hit. Did you bring this issue to your safety team or management?

It was a Friday. I've been hoping he would get up and give us a nice little speech about safety at a PCM so I can call him out on it in front of everyone.

Hasn't happened yet lol

Catatonic

Nine Lives
I pulled the driver (same guy) aside and gave him a piece of my mind.
There you go again.
That's not the group way of doing things.
You have to report it to a person of authority and they will determine what action should be taken.
Don't you ever learn?
You will never be a good Union person!