Employee Relations Index

JARHEAD

And...That's rite!
Just wondering how other hubs deal with the annual ERI's. Does everyone get the oppertunity to take this or is it only reserved for the select few the center manager's deem necessary. I haven't seen an ERI in four years but we do have the same few employees (and I mean few) that are pampered everyday who do the survey every year.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Just wondering how other hubs deal with the annual ERI's. Does everyone get the oppertunity to take this or is it only reserved for the select few the center manager's deem necessary. I haven't seen an ERI in four years but we do have the same few employees (and I mean few) that are pampered everyday who do the survey every year.

Been discussed many times.
Participants are selected randomly by a computer.
Sampling rate can vary.
UPS uses the random sampling to save money - imagine that.

That's about it.

Oh yeah, by the way, JFK was murdered by LBJ.

JARHEAD

And...That's rite!
Far as I know they are still being done. We just had the same 5 drivers complete the survey. Strange how the computers randomly select the same one's every year @ our center. I would still be fearful of reprisal even if did get the chance to do one.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
I was called into my center manager's office early yesterday to take it. Its been a couple of years since I have seen one. It looked the same as before.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
I was called into my center manager's office early yesterday to take it. Its been a couple of years since I have seen one. It looked the same as before.

I don't remember all the questions about Sales Leads being there before.

And I was sad to see the question,
"Do you know what it takes to be promoted"
was missing.
I always enjoyed the follow-up questions during the ERI review on that question ... it was always one of the lowest rated questions so it always got reviewed. The last couple of reviews I was warned to not start with my comments.

brownIEman

Far as I know they are still being done. We just had the same 5 drivers complete the survey. Strange how the computers randomly select the same one's every year @ our center. I would still be fearful of reprisal even if did get the chance to do one.

Now that is funny. corporate creates a list form the HR data bases for each operation and sends those lists down. The folks at corporate are so far removed, they have no shot at being able to cherry pick the happy employees even if they wanted to.

What is ironic is your last line. This leads me to believe you would be very reluctant to take the survey if asked. I have seen in the past that if someone on the list that was sent down to an operation is either not available (on FMLA or military leave etc) or just flat out refuses to take the survey, the operation may be asked to pick someone to take it to get the requested number of respondents. I wonder if everyone other than the 5 drivers you mention have put themselves on a "will refuse to take if asked list"...

JARHEAD

And...That's rite!
Now that is funny. corporate creates a list form the HR data bases for each operation and sends those lists down. The folks at corporate are so far removed, they have no shot at being able to cherry pick the happy employees even if they wanted to.

What is ironic is your last line. This leads me to believe you would be very reluctant to take the survey if asked. I have seen in the past that if someone on the list that was sent down to an operation is either not available (on FMLA or military leave etc) or just flat out refuses to take the survey, the operation may be asked to pick someone to take it to get the requested number of respondents. I wonder if everyone other than the 5 drivers you mention have put themselves on a "will refuse to take if asked list"...

JARHEAD

And...That's rite!
I have no idea how corporate and HR operates nor do I give a rip. All I know is every year since the current center manager came on board; the same little group do all the brownie work. Now I have participated in the survey prior to Mgmt change and gave my honest opinions. About my last line...I've been around long enough to know that if you go against the grain whether right or wrong chances are it will come back to bite you in one way or another. So yea I would feel better being anonymous. Isn't it a survey? I'm not aiming to throw my sup under the bus but things just appear to be more rosier than they really are @ the center. I was under the impression the all employees were entitled to participate in this ERI thing.

grgrcr88

No It's not green grocer!
Re: when is enough going to be enough?

The best way to show how bad management is, is to work exactly as directed!!!

Last edited by a moderator:

UPSSOCKS

I have no idea how corporate and HR operates nor do I give a rip. All I know is every year since the current center manager came on board; the same little group do all the brownie work. Now I have participated in the survey prior to Mgmt change and gave my honest opinions. About my last line...I've been around long enough to know that if you go against the grain whether right or wrong chances are it will come back to bite you in one way or another. So yea I would feel better being anonymous. Isn't it a survey? I'm not aiming to throw my sup under the bus but things just appear to be more rosier than they really are @ the center. I was under the impression the all employees were entitled to participate in this ERI thing.

Your absolutely right, all employees are encouraged to take the survey. It says so right on the PCM that came with it this year. Here's the catch someone has to give it to you. You need a computer and a location code, and a password. So in addition to be encouraged to take the survey, you also need to be invited. I guess you weren't invited. My invite list is very small this year, I just don't have the time to keep typing in the password. I hear McDonalds has an employee survey. Put your two weeks in and put in for a job there.

In the meantime..... WORK AS INSTRUCTED

Dizzee

ɹǝqɯǝɯ ɹoıuǝs

Now that is funny. corporate creates a list from the HR data bases for each operation and sends those lists down. The folks at corporate are so far removed, they have no shot at being able to cherry pick the happy employees even if they wanted to.

Isn't the survey still anonymous? What would keep Jarheads center manager from just picking his 5 favorite employees to take the anonymous survey and keeping the "list" to himself? Who would know that the wrong people took the survey?

over9five

Staff member

Isn't the survey still anonymous? What would keep Jarheads center manager from just picking his 5 favorite employees to take the anonymous survey and keeping the "list" to himself? Who would know that the wrong people took the survey?

+1. That's what I was thinking.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I was also chosen to take the ERI yesterday. The focus of the survey seems to have shifted toward sales leads and community involvement. There is still a comments section (300 words).