Employee Store?

Bomma

If someone could help me locating a place where I could order or purchase the safari style rain hat that some many can get by just asking, but we here in Harrisburg, Pa. can't seem to get, it's just not on the order form here, but we can wear them if we find them! finding them is the hard part, I have heard that some hubs have employee stores, we do not.
Any help would be appreciated.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
Its called a Wide Brim hat, it comes in different head sizes on the driver uniform order form.

Bomma

Its called a Wide Brim hat, it comes in different head sizes on the driver uniform order form.
Thanks for the quick response Scratch, but we don't have the wide brim hat on our order form, don't know why, that's why we in Harrisburg are trying to find a hub with an employee store.

over9five

Staff member
Thanks for the quick response Scratch, but we don't have the wide brim hat on our order form, don't know why, that's why we in Harrisburg are trying to find a hub with an employee store.

As each center has a uniform budget, yours is trying to save money by using the old form (pre wide brim hat).

Maybe they don't want to have to buy one for everybody?

tracker2762

The wide brim hat is different from the "safari style" hat. Our center got a few wide brim hats and they were around $40 each so they changed to the safari hat. I had the wide brim hat but it didn't fit so I exchanged it for the safari hat and it does a good job. I only wear mine in a heavy downpour. The number on this hat are rn 51374 and 18290050 if that helps.

The Blackadder

Are you not amused?
Our building center manager has to approve all uniform orders, and from what I have been told they wont approve the wide brim hat.

This might not be the case in all buildings not sure.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
I have never seen a "safari" type hat, can anybody post a picture of one? I have two wide brim hats, we have no problem getting them. I can't believe UPS pays Twin Hill $40 for those, they shouldn't be worth more than a few bucks.

tracker2762

hosre 004.jpg
Here's my hat minus the string.
hosre 004.jpg
hosre 004.jpg

Toshiro Hitsugaya

Have you tried ordering through the UPS catalog, or through the various UPS suppliers on UPSers.com? I got a really cool bowling shirt through the catalog that I wear to work.

tae111

We have them listed on the uniform order forms in North Jersey but if you order one you will not get it. One of the guys got one from out of district. He was told by management he could not wear it.
Not sure what the deal is. It' either part of the uniform or it's not.

CustomerConcern

Thats a real bummer, cuz I love mine...wear it everyday. Most of our drivers have them. I wish they (MGT) would just figure out what is and isn't allowed with the uniform nationally.

Toshiro Hitsugaya

There is a national standard, although a lot of ppl do not know about it, and due to local riders and grievance procedures there may be alterations to the Uniform Policy. Point of the matter as long as the hat is a tasteful UPS hat. So if you wanted to wear the UPS Nascar baseball cap you can and there is nothing your Sup can say about it, unless it goes against the local rider.