Employee survey cancelled

W

westsideworma

Actually, they have changed the questions so the results are not as bad.
We are a company of numbers so if the answers are negative ... remove or change the question.
Numbers have been improving since we started this approach.

what an unexpected trend :wink2:

P

pickup

After some investigating, I have found out the reason they are not implementing the survey is because management has determined that morale is at an all time high and that all procedures are perfect and therefore it would be a waste of money to find out what they already know and to try to improve on perfection.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
Pickup, thats great news! I got "appointed" to my Center's ERI Committee about a year and a half ago, and we haven't had one since. I'm glad that my committee has done such a great job of not doing anything.:slap:

P

pickup

Pickup, thats great news! I got "appointed" to my Center's ERI Committee about a year and a half ago, and we haven't had one since. I'm glad that my committee has done such a great job of not doing anything.:slap:

Keep up the great work!:greedy:

tiegirl

tiegirl
You are right. Did not mean for that to be a personal attack. Afterall I do not even know who I was talking to. Just venting I guess. Why so bitter? You do not get a good feeling to work as hard as I work really putting my heart into what I do to take care of UPS customers only to be told how bad I am. That I should have said this instead of that. That I need to say things to accounts that I have long said to them and already know the answer. Being treated like a child. Being treated everyday like it is my 1st day at work. Just so someone can justify their 6 figure salary. You get tired of it after awhile. Bitter? Yeah the economy does not make it any better to find employment else where. At least for right now.

Just curious, please don't bite my head off, but why the personal attack against the poster? This is about the ERI that's all. Do you even know the member or what job he/she holds at UPS? Why so bitter?

S

speeddemon

Good, they know the index sux. Wont act on it anyway. Sort of like our government.

Dizzee

ɹǝqɯǝɯ ɹoıuǝs
I never felt that anything was accomplished by the survey anyway. But I will miss the management team sucking up and acting nice for the week prior. :dissapointed:

tieguy

Banned
The ERI was a joke in the first place. It was a secret ballot that no one took seriously, on either side. It needs to be replaced with a survey that shows what each individual thought. If my name was on the survey, I would be more apt to respond truthfully to all questions. I did this anyways, but management felt most were lying so they gave it little credence.

AND what the hell made this thing cost so much ??????

If it was about paying us to take it, THEN DONT MAKE THE QUESTIONS SO HARD TO UNDERSTAND !!! I have a college education and I still had to reread questions 3 times to figure out what they were asking me.

The survey is scientifically designed to measure responses in a way where they can measure the results from year to year.

The comments section offers you the means to tell your boss what you really think of him. Too bad they keep it confidential. I think you would find it interesting to read what people say in your center.

tieguy

Banned
Actually, they have changed the questions so the results are not as bad.
We are a company of numbers so if the answers are negative ... remove or change the question.
Numbers have been improving since we started this approach.

you would agree the core questions stay the same?

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member
The survey is scientifically designed to measure responses in a way where they can measure the results from year to year.

The comments section offers you the means to tell your boss what you really think of him. Too bad they keep it confidential. I think you would find it interesting to read what people say in your center.

I don't know what mad scientist designed the ERI, but obviously the answers they recieved wasn't worth it. I understand they had to have an equal product yearly so our thoughts could be compared 1,5,10 years from each other, but I've never seen any changes because of its results.

I worked on both sides of the line so I am aware those results were meant more for managerial evaluation than to fix problems.

I would never have a problem if my name was on the eri as well.

tieguy

Banned
I worked on both sides of the line so I am aware those results were meant more for managerial evaluation than to fix problems.

probably some truth to that. And like anything else it goes through the corporate process and comes out with flaws. Heck you would probably get more out of a focus meeting and a keg of truth serum then you do with this process. :happy-very:

NI1

If you want your center manager out of the center, praise him. If you want to keep him, just talk crap about him. Ups way, its that simple

tardus

I refused taking the ERI after years ago they included the question, "Which UPS benefit would you least mind giving up ..." You could not skip the question nor could you answer, "None of the above."

I can't speak for anyone else, but I would rather take a sharp stick in the eye than make phone calls on sales leads. And yes I have done both.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

This is what I thought so imagine my surprise when our union BA complimented me on what I had written in the comments section. I asked him how he knew and he said that he recognized my writing style.