Employee Survey.

1080Driver

Its nothing more than an easy way to make 10 minutes of OT. Nothing will change. Its amazing how everyone gives "bad grades" to all the questions, yet in a month or 2 when the results come in, everybody responded favorably like UPS is a great place to work. In our PCM about the ERI the other day, they tried to make it sound like your grading your direct supervisor and not the company as a whole......like his future depended on a favorable grade........again its a big waste of time, nothing will change.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Part of your supervisors compensation is based on the results of the survey so, yeah, you are grading your direct supervisor, as well as the rest of your mgt team.

rod

Retired 22 years
if that is true then I have know sups who would have owed the company money at the end of the week.

hellfire

no one considers UPS people."real" Teamsters.-BUG
Part of your supervisors compensation is based on the results of the survey so, yeah, you are grading your direct supervisor, as well as the rest of your mgt team.
that's the problem,,we are grading the puppet ,not the puppet master

UPSGUY72

Its nothing more than an easy way to make 10 minutes of OT. Nothing will change. Its amazing how everyone gives "bad grades" to all the questions, yet in a month or 2 when the results come in, everybody responded favorably like UPS is a great place to work. In our PCM about the ERI the other day, they tried to make it sound like your grading your direct supervisor and not the company as a whole......like his future depended on a favorable grade........again its a big waste of time, nothing will change.

There are easier was to make 10 minutes of OT .

katana

I haven't taken an Employee Survey in years. Tonight I saw a copy of an email left on a supervisors desk that suggested the Supervisors were taking the survey for us. Are all Drivers supposed to be taking this survey every year? I am thinking my management team is somewhat corrupt....

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
that's the problem,,we are grading the puppet ,not the puppet master

+1

The survey is a waste of time because the questions are phrased in a manner that prevents us from accurately expressing our opinions about the day-to-day reality of life at UPS.

UnconTROLLed

perfection
+1

The survey is a waste of time because the questions are phrased in a manner that prevents us from accurately expressing our opinions about the day-to-day reality of life at UPS.

It's a scam because it asks you your tenure at UPS. We have several employees with 15+ years service and within their individual work areas, that singles them out. Mgmt knows exactly who is doing the survey, in some cases, by tenure.

It's a waste because of what you said.

It's a scam because, in the management/employee relationship view, in many cases management are shifted around like a shell game and the end-user (employee) , when confronted with a specific question about those relations, doesn't know which of 15 supervisors in the past year they are addressing or assessing.

and so on..

JustTired

free at last.......
I was told years ago that if you respond negatively (or positively) to every question, it is thrown out. So, you might want to keep that in mind. You've got to throw them a bone here and there if you want it to count.

UnconTROLLed

perfection
I was told years ago that if you respond negatively (or positively) to every question, it is thrown out. So, you might want to keep that in mind. You've got to throw them a bone here and there if you want it to count.

I have heard it is the "indifferent" or neutral responses that management frowns upon. Without saying so, they strive for positive responses so they encourage any answer that isn't neutral..

terrymac

several of the questions were regarding if you know how to turn in a sales lead.....Didnt that guy just quit or something?

Last edited by a moderator:

KidUPS

I would hope that my employees, both men and women, would take the time to answer truthfully.

22 employees. 1 Supervisor. A operation. - That is our, mine and theirs, UPS world 95% of the time. 5 days a week, it is me and them in one operation. And that is our Company. That is what we experience. We don't experience anything outside of the realm except for on occasion, as in any operation. Our employee relations is me and them.

Sure, I get orders from the top. But I would never let my employees get the wrong end of the stick without putting myself in the line of fire first.

I hold my employees accountable. I train my employees. I press my employees.
I reward my employees. I listen to my employees. I learn from my employees.

So it kind of bums me out to hear some of the negative thoughts on this. "Bomb it." "Scam." I try my best to carry any burdens my employees might have and if they tanked the ERI, what could would that do? If my employees felt that their was something that was making their lives harder, and I had a chance to know that the group was all in agreement on this, I would do everything in my power to try and fix MY errors.

Not every supervisor is a puppet. Because my strings are attached to my employees. As are their strings attached to me. And TOGETHER, we try to pull each other through the UPS day.

Dragon

Package Center Manager
I would hope that my employees, both men and women, would take the time to answer truthfully.

22 employees. 1 Supervisor. A operation. - That is our, mine and theirs, UPS world 95% of the time. 5 days a week, it is me and them in one operation. And that is our Company. That is what we experience. We don't experience anything outside of the realm except for on occasion, as in any operation. Our employee relations is me and them.

Sure, I get orders from the top. But I would never let my employees get the wrong end of the stick without putting myself in the line of fire first.

I hold my employees accountable. I train my employees. I press my employees.
I reward my employees. I listen to my employees. I learn from my employees.

So it kind of bums me out to hear some of the negative thoughts on this. "Bomb it." "Scam." I try my best to carry any burdens my employees might have and if they tanked the ERI, what could would that do? If my employees felt that their was something that was making their lives harder, and I had a chance to know that the group was all in agreement on this, I would do everything in my power to try and fix MY errors.

Not every supervisor is a puppet. Because my strings are attached to my employees. As are their strings attached to me. And TOGETHER, we try to pull each other through the UPS day.

Damn, great post.

menotyou

bella amicizia
I wish that was the mentality I my district/division. Sadly, it is not(except in bubbleland). The saddest part is how the DM's own people talk about him, 'bipolar' is the nicest thing they say.