Employees shipping stuff

mixyo

Dispatcher
Any way to ship stuff out at work (not for work-related reasons) without going to the customer center? Like bring the package into the facility with you and drop it on a belt somewhere? (OK I doubt the last one would be OK but that would be nice). Just curious.

Big Babooba

Log into UPSers.com and set up a shipping account. You can then bring the packages to the building with you. You also will get an employee discount.

PiedmontSteward

RTW-4-Less
Any way to ship stuff out at work (not for work-related reasons) without going to the customer center? Like bring the package into the facility with you and drop it on a belt somewhere? (OK I doubt the last one would be OK but that would be nice). Just curious.

That's a great way to get fired, I really don't recommend it.

Box Ox

I buy the label with my online shipping account and place it on a cart full of packages that local sort puts into the outbound trailers at the end of the day.

Covemastah

Hoopah drives the boat Chief !!
if your a driver and it no big deal, ask
one of your favorite customers to ship it for you and just pay them the cost !!
I did this a few times ..

mixyo

Dispatcher
Log into UPSers.com and set up a shipping account. You can then bring the packages to the building with you. You also will get an employee discount.

I already have the employee account w/discount, but I've never seen any info with regards to bringing packages into the facility.

cynic

Yes, when did that start? And how much of a discount do we get?

When I worked for an airline we used to get 50% off shipping with our non-union competitor which is why I'm surprised our UPS employee discounts are not more.

With an Online UPS account:
Eight percent off Standard List Rates for UPS Ground services
16 percent off Standard List Rates for UPS Air and International services Five percent off Retail Rates for shipping

Cementups

Box Monkey
print out your label online and slap it on the package and bring it in. I do this and then just take it with me on my route and put it in my pickups as a special accounts pickup. Then on it's way