Employees shipping stuff

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by mixyo, Oct 3, 2013.

1. mixyo

mixyo Active Member

Any way to ship stuff out at work (not for work-related reasons) without going to the customer center? Like bring the package into the facility with you and drop it on a belt somewhere? (OK I doubt the last one would be OK but that would be nice). Just curious.

2. cb1969

cb1969 Member

drop box in employee parking lot...

3. Big Babooba

Big Babooba Well-Known Member

Log into UPSers.com and set up a shipping account. You can then bring the packages to the building with you. You also will get an employee discount.

4. PiedmontSteward

PiedmontSteward RTW-4-Less

That's a great way to get fired, I really don't recommend it.

5. Box Ox

Box Ox Camacho for President!

I buy the label with my online shipping account and place it on a cart full of packages that local sort puts into the outbound trailers at the end of the day.

6. Covemastah

Covemastah Suspension Ovah !!! Tom is free FU Goodell !!

if your a driver and it no big deal, ask
    one of your favorite customers to ship it for you and just pay them the cost !!
    I did this a few times ..

7. Covemastah

Covemastah Suspension Ovah !!! Tom is free FU Goodell !!

employee discount ?? wow when did they open their Grinch hearts and start that!!

8. bleedinbrown58

bleedinbrown58 ahhh....the mouth breathers

Yes, when did that start? And how much of a discount do we get?

9. mixyo

mixyo Active Member

I already have the employee account w/discount, but I've never seen any info with regards to bringing packages into the facility.

10. cynic

cynic New Member

When I worked for an airline we used to get 50% off shipping with our non-union competitor which is why I'm surprised our UPS employee discounts are not more.

With an Online UPS account:
    Eight percent off Standard List Rates for UPS Ground services
    16 percent off Standard List Rates for UPS Air and International services Five percent off Retail Rates for shipping

11. Cementups

Cementups Box Monkey

print out your label online and slap it on the package and bring it in. I do this and then just take it with me on my route and put it in my pickups as a special accounts pickup. Then on it's way

12. worldwide

worldwide Active Member

Log onto UPSers.com for complete details. This was introduced several months ago.

13. Fired?! We do this all the time at my hub. It's no biggie to us. Bring package in and drop it right at the appropriate trailer and go on about the day.