Employment Questionaire question

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by nystripe96, Aug 31, 2011.

1. nystripe96

nystripe96 Active Member

Hey, I have to fill out a questionaire before I can start my training for package handler. One of the questions is regarding if I received WOTC(work opportunity tax credit) and WTF (welfare to Work) tax credits. I have no idea what those mean. I put no for both questions. Is that what most of you guys put as well? thanks!!

2. UpstateNYUPSer

UpstateNYUPSer Very proud grandfather.

If you don't know what either of those two terms mean then it's obvious you aren't receiving either one. "No" was the right answer.

3. nystripe96

nystripe96 Active Member

I just realized I wrote WTF instead WTW lol. Thanks man, appreciate it

4. moreluck

moreluck golden ticket member

Actually WTF is Obama's program of "Win The Future" and you failed the re-election test miserably !!

5. working up a sweat

working up a sweat Active Member

I remember back in the late 90's. UPS would hire welfare people to work. They hired them babysitters and drove them in. None of them lasted more than a week. Work is a 4 letter word in their world.

6. UpstateNYUPSer

Generalizations offer little purpose other than to show the prejudice of the user.

7. Cementups

Cementups Box Monkey

I met a few people that came and went in our building in the same manner. And they would only work up to a certain point cause once they made $xxx they had to quit so they wouldn't go over their max allowed EIC for the year so that they could still receive their govment check and cheese.

8. Crazy Diamond

Crazy Diamond Robot Extraordinaire

It's almost like you called him a bigot, without of course calling him one. You being a straight shooter and all. Why bother with the pleasantries? Why not just turn his lights red and be done with it?

9. Sleeve_meet_Heart

Sleeve_meet_Heart making the unreadable unreadabler

Hmm...something about this seems a bit less than the egalitarian viewpoint Upstate is trying to uphold ;p.

10. gorilla75jdw

gorilla75jdw Active Member

why is everybody so sensitive on here . Wouldnt want anybody to feel UN-COMFORTABLE , jk , carry on .

11. UpstateNYUPSer

My point was that the rates of incarceration and homicide are generally higher for blacks and may have had an effect on the unemployment rate.

12. upsgrunt

upsgrunt Well-Known Member

What is that quote about generalizations?

13. working up a sweat

working up a sweat Active Member

I am not prejudice. The Welfare moms were white and complaining about their baby daddy's heroin habit. Some of them had track lines and wanted to know if I wanted to buy some weed.