End of 2nd week as a preloader..

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by HawkReich, Oct 6, 2016.

1. What The Hawk?

What The Hawk? Seattle Seahawks 'til I die.

Just a rant and update for those who care.

I like it. I don't like being at the end of belt 1 and getting royally :censored2:ed by air at the end of my shift. Today i had to ask for help cause I got 50+ packages at the same time. I hope asking for help isnt bad. The first time i asked for help the other proloader got me 5 misloads cause he wasnt looking at irreg labels. I told the sup that too. But oh well. Im getting better. One driver is nice the other is still a dick. Hopefully I'll be able to pick up the pace so I can avoid stacking but sometimes that :censored2: is unavoidable especially when air is late like it has been for the past 3 days. Other than that I :censored2:ing love the job.

2. Box Ox

Box Ox Camacho for President!

Just give it time.

3. bleedinbrown58

bleedinbrown58 ahhh....the mouth breathers

(crickets)

4. What The Hawk?

Actually, I load boxes of live crickets. They smell.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  5. Dr.Brown

Dr.Brown Swollen Member

imagine that smell in a PC at 100 degrees

6. What The Hawk?

Gross. Lol I just hope I never have to deal with turantulas since this truck delivers to two pet stores.

7. Indecisi0n

Indecisi0n Well-Known Member

Is Mickey Mouse considered black ?

8. What The Hawk?

Um he's oreoin.

9. hallerin

hallerin Active Member

It's the easiest! Your responsible to look at ALL labels and don't let anyone load your trucks.

Last edited: Oct 6, 2016
  10. DriverNerd

DriverNerd Member

I deliver crickets a couple times a week. The smell is awful in the summer (mesh boxes). In the winter they're completely sealed boxes (for warmth) and don't smell at all.

I was so happy we had a mild summer. And Tarantulas are quite delicate so are usually packaged so they don't shake around in the box. They're in a box inside the box (at least they should be.)

11. PT Car Washer

PT Car Washer Well-Known Member

I delivered a (I think it said) Milk snake this morning NDA. Crickets going to the zoo and crickets going to Petco. Never noticed any smell.

12. What The Hawk?

I load boxes for a mall truck who delivers to petco and petsmart. The crickets always have mesh but smell like a mixture of mold, bug poop and someone trying to cover up the smell of cigarettes with cheap perfume. Lol I love it when the driver shows up he smells so nice. Lol

13. Dr.Brown

Dr.Brown Swollen Member

not everyone spends the coin for NDA...

14. bleedinbrown58

bleedinbrown58 ahhh....the mouth breathers

You should see the boxes of bees.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  15. What The Hawk?

Hey guys how can i become a driver helper this peak season whilst still being a permanent preloader?

I think it will help me be a better preloader and also know a little bit about what being a driver would be like. Which is my ultimate goal.

16. UpstateNYUPSer

UpstateNYUPSer Very proud grandfather.

Look for the sign up sheet to be posted in early November.

17. snarts

snarts Member

I :censored2:ing love this job too!

18. matty_lawn

matty_lawn Active Member

I wouldn't say love, but I do enjoy it. I've met a couple people that I consider friends including a supervisor and it makes it fun

19. UpstateNYUPSer

UpstateNYUPSer Very proud grandfather.

Have you gained any new customers from within the building since you started working here?

20. matty_lawn

matty_lawn Active Member

One of the drivers. I've hired 2 guys out of the building to help me after ups. Both have been a disaster