Enjoying That Raise?

Discussion in 'FedEx Discussions' started by MrFedEx, Jun 9, 2016.

1. MrFedEx

MrFedEx Engorged Member

I'm getting a lot of information that many stations have cut-back full-timers to less than 40 hours per week and have continued to hire numerous part-timers as fast as they can come in, work a month, and then quit.

This is classic Weasel behavior, as in Fred never gives anything without taking at least an equal amount back. One courier I talked with today said he was down an average of 18 hours per week, and wasn't even getting 40, so he has lost considerably, even though his station was brought up to the market level of the surrounding stations and got a raise.

If anyone complains, FedEx will immediately point out all that they did for him, and label him as a "bad attitude" employee. This guy was pure Purple, and now he's very angry and wants a union. Good luck with that.

The Weasel giveth nothing that he cannot taketh away.

2. vantexan

vantexan Well-Known Member

So have they actually given some stations a market level increase?

3. MrFedEx

MrFedEx Engorged Member

Yes, but then the hours mysteriously get cut.

4. McFeely

McFeely Huge Member

One of the managers at my station was confused why the pay question was scored so lowly on the SFA this year, even after a 6% raise.

He didn't like the answer I gave him, "well, we all got raises but now nobody is getting any hours. And forget about overtime"

5. bacha29

bacha29 Well-Known Member

Nothing about that company ever changes. Give you a small economic gain in one area, take it back some place else. That deceptive practice has been in place for years and will likely get worse as time goes by. Denial 59 , oops I mean Dano 59 will continue to of course deny that this practice exists and is growing.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  6. dex 84

dex 84 Active Member

I wish they would cut my overtime. It would give me more free time to search for a new job...

7. Star B

Star B White Lightning

S*, work me 18 hours. I'll be more than happy to enjoy the 17 hours a week of SwingNW.

8. Fred's Myth

Fred's Myth Active Member

Can anybody out there translate this for me?

9. Star B

Star B White Lightning

35 hour a week minimums. If I'm only worked 18 hours, they will pay for 17 more unless I meet one of the minimum-invalidation criteria.

10. dex 84

dex 84 Active Member

The employees only working 18 are probably PT. Their minimum is 18.

11. Star B

Star B White Lightning

oh, i see. MFE didn't specifiy if that Courier in his original rant was PT or FT. there were inklings of "he's FT" in there though.

12. MrFedEx

MrFedEx Engorged Member

He's FT. Do you really think Fred is going to set up something that allows minimums? What we're talking about here is basically the elimination of many FT positions by conversion to PT. If you don't like it, you can bid on a FT job somewhere else, but there won't be many.

Conversion into an AM PT/PM PT workforce.

13. vantexan

But only in stations where their window allows that.

Last edited: Jun 11, 2016
  14. vantexan

A former station's DM informed them of a market increase about 6 weeks ago but nothing has happened yet. We've heard absolutely nothing about it here. I suspect FedEx is telling certain high turnover stations they're eliminating payscales to make it sound like they care about the employees but very likely low turnover stations won't see an increase. I've been here 8 months, have seen one CSA quit, and a swing about to transfer. And nothing about an increase, even though my mgr is discussing it with the senior, who's heard rumors, but nothing concrete.

15. 59 Dano

59 Dano Well-Known Member

Well Bacha, for one, stations and managers have always had the ability to make those kinds of alterations to routes and staffing.

Two, you're assuming the board's biggest rumor-monger is correct despite the inverse correlation between the importance of the rumor and the credibility of it.

Three, WTF do you know about Express?

16. MrFedEx

MrFedEx Engorged Member

WTF do you know about anything?

17. Purplepackage

Purplepackage Well-Known Member

Aaaannnnnnddddd here we go again

18. 59 Dano

59 Dano Well-Known Member

I know you're responding for the sake of responding. Again.

19. bacha29

bacha29 Well-Known Member

Spot on Mr. fedex. what i was talking about was the compensation package. if you listen to what guys are talking about and that is gains in one area of the compensation package and losses somewhere else.