Discussion in 'UPS Union Issues' started by Avalon, Jul 29, 2014.

1. Avalon

Avalon Avalon

Everybody has been on this forum viciously fighting each other for over a year now. The contract is implemented (except for 705 & 710) and there is not a darn thing we can do about it now!

It's time for everybody to stop crying about the past and look to what is ahead. We have the general president elections and many other elections coming soon, and we have four years left on this contract. Four years is not a lot of time, but if everybody keeps looking back we will never ever get any where.

I see it constantly on this board where we tear each other apart for what has happened. Well NEWS FLASH the past can not be undone, there is no optimism in the past, there is no future in the past! Everybody has points and many of them are good and valuable, but the wound licking has gone on long enough. We should all try our best to band together and end this. Strength is in numbers and if the numbers are divided then we will fall.

All I'm saying is please let's get this behind us. I'm sure that upper management can see what is going on here and it does nothing but pleases them to know that many of us can not stand each other, so let's show them. Lets rise up with the wind at our backs and show them our numbers when we run them over like a steam roller on the next contract!!!!!!!! (of course with a leadership in D.C. that is actually on OUR side)

That is all, Thanks Brothers

Best of luck to 705 & 710.
    Keep fighting the good fight!
  2. ChickenLegs

ChickenLegs Safety Expert

Sounds like a YES voter to me

3. cachsux

cachsux Wah

The past cannot be undone but it can be learned from. Four years till the next contract means the time to organize and prepare is now.
  4. ChickenLegs

ChickenLegs Safety Expert

Who is going to organize 8 years from now when everyone who cared is retired?

CHALLY9TX Active Member

Lead us oh great chickenlegs! Lead us away from this evil that is "the union"!

Sent using BrownCafe App
  6. Monkey Butt

Monkey Butt You can call me Chappy Staff Member

Party Pooper!
  7. UpstateNYUPSer

UpstateNYUPSer Very proud grandfather.

One more contract (2018) and after that you guys can do whatever you want.
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  8. Nostromo

Nostromo Member

Anyone a website I can read the upcoming union changes and or politics at?

Sent using Morse code
  9. cachsux

cachsux Wah

Even if that one says to cut pensions to retirees?
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  10. UpstateNYUPSer

I would be grandfathered.

Resident know-it-all.
  11. cachsux

cachsux Wah

Nope. They took a vote. The 2018 contract says pension cuts to fund worker health care.
  12. Wally

Wally Hailing from Parts Unknown.

Howard Johnson is right! Let's get Mongo!
  13. Ho jo's. is where you met the ho's!
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  14. Johney

Johney Raise your hand if you think Upstate is a D-Bag

Grandfathered into what? If you retire under the next contract and there are cuts to the pension how are you grandfathered in?
  15. UpstateNYUPSer

Ours is a Teamster pension fund.

Resident know-it-all.
  16. mixyo

mixyo Active Member

Gimme my :censored2:ing retro pay! :grrr:
  17. cachsux

cachsux Wah

It'll come when it comes. Worry more about the contract ratified to get the retro pay.
  18. Their Is really no excuse,why this has gone on so long!
  19. Ron Carey lives on

Ron Carey lives on Well-Known Member

Olsen Johnson is right, I say we move on and get Mongo

Sent using BrownCafe App
  20. Jackburton

Jackburton Gone Fish'n

I wouldn't be worried about pension as much as healthcare costs which aren't guaranteed, to which you'll have no say to as a retiree.