Enough is enough

Johney

Another management hater...the mentality of "oh I can do it better" keep driving the truck its right at your skill level.
At least he'll have a job. How long before some bean counter fresh out of collage telling you how to run your center comes up with a great idea that they no longer need center managers? I can see it now, drivers looking at a tv screen with a mass PCM broadcast across the entire country. Just remember you're only there so someone has an ass to chew on.

At least he'll have a job. How long before some bean counter fresh out of collage telling you how to run your center comes up with a great idea that they no longer need center managers? I can see it now, drivers looking at a tv screen with a mass PCM broadcast across the entire country. Just remember you're only there so someone has an ass to chew on.
:goodpost:For a crappy,employee.:cheers::cheers:

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
Sorry you think I am a dick..must be cause your in the union.

Anyway..a plan to work at a company for 4 years as PT for an opportunity to go full time is a bad plan, period.
If you had nothing else in your life and you got lucky to get the job then I could see it.
I said you sounded like a dick, not that you were a dick, but then again, we're not done talking?
Not everybody is cut out for college and there is no shame in that.
A blue collar person who sees an opportunity to work a part time job that will lead to damn near a six figure annual pay day in four years is a bad plan?
I don't know what kind of silver spoon you were born with in your mouth, but not everybody can follow this approved life path of yours.
Are those cinder block walls you stare at all day making you bitter?
I'm not sure where this is coming from, your usually more reasonable than this.

Last edited:

Johney

I said you sounded like a dick, not that you were a dick, but then again, we're not done talking?
A blue collar person who sees an opportunity to work a part time job that will lead to damn near a six figure annual pay day in four years is a bad plan?
I don't know what kind of silver spoon you were born with in your mouth, but not everybody can follow this approved life path of yours.
Sounds like his center just had to pay out $10,000 in grievance pay and they took out of his centers budget. No bonus for Dragon this year.

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
Another management hater...the mentality of "oh I can do it better" keep driving the truck its right at your skill level.
Why do you care, what we drivers, think of management? You don't have to defend your job postion on a board comprised mainly of hourly union employees. If you want to interact with people, spouting random insults really doesn't go to promoting yourself "above the hourly" attitude.

Why do you care, what we drivers, think of management? You don't have to defend your job postion on a board comprised mainly of hourly union employees. If you want to interact with people, spouting random insults really doesn't go to promoting yourself "above the hourly" attitude.
Do you really,expect anything less?

You are an overpaid truck driver,they know everything!

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
I agree with him in that I usually respect your points, but you sound like you have a case of Upstatitis in this thread.

Anyway..a plan to work at a company for 4 years as PT for an opportunity to go full time is a bad plan, period.
If you had nothing else in your life and you got lucky to get the job then I could see it.
That's like saying being a part time sup is a bad idea if you want to be a manager. It's the best proven path.

Just about everyone put in their time inside to go driving. Don't assume that everyone who aspires to drive is a guy in cheetos stained sweat pants who only works 3 1/2 hours at UPS then spends the remainder of the day in his mom's basement.

I, like many others, was a white collar professional who took a part time job at UPS as a second job to help pay the bills in an economy where corporate America was cutting back. After a number of promotions at said Fortune 50 company I was still making about half of what a full time driver makes after OT so I adjusted my planned path in life. I decided to stay on as an inside employee getting approximately 4 hours sleep a day for 3 1/2 years until I got the call to go full time driving, because you simply can't beat the compensation between benefits and wages compared to everywhere else in corporate America where you see nothing but givebacks and takeaways (you know firsthand).

I am a college graduate with a business management degree and graduated magna cum laude and I'm here driving at UPS by choice.

Overpaid Union Thug

How so? That makes no sense at all. Not everyone wants to go to school and get a college degree only to end up in some desk job where you are subjected to daily ridicule by a metrics monkey of a coward via conference call from another desk 200 miles away. It sounds like some people have indeed had a bad plan. I think you are just confused about who it was.

Overpaid Union Thug

Earlier today he must have been on the receiving end of one of those conference calls I just mentioned.

You must be in Upstate NY?
In my building it's taking them about a decade, then a four year progression for their shot at "the dream" that I categorize as a reoccurring nightmare.
Come on? They've hired at least 30 in my building this calendar year. Three different bid sheets. They can't find people. I've walked the building and actually recruited. Either you are out of touch with your new drivers seniority or you are on Alcatraz. 25 more this calendar year to go with the fear that they will have to go to the outside.

You must be in Upstate NY?
In my building it's taking them about a decade, then a four year progression for their shot at "the dream" that I categorize as a reoccurring nightmare.
Oh yeah if you don't know the new members that are coming in and their seniority dates a good way to go about learning who they are is introducing yourself to them give them your phone number take their phone number put it in your phone and it's a great tool. It's what I do to make a connection with a new member. It gives me a good database.

It's also helpful in getting members to vote.