Epidemic Dex 1's

thedownhillEXPRESS

How many Dex 1's is your station having already?

Seems like a tremendous spike year over year in our station and district.
I see two reasons.

One is they cut so many routes people just can't handle the volume.

Second is no one really gives a crap anymore because of the way we have been treated the last few years, dwindling benefits, elimination of the pension plan, ridiculously low raises with record profits.

What do you all want to add?

thedownhillEXPRESS

No delivery/No attempt made on a package that was due that day...
Not blaming weather or aircraft problems, just plain and simply means we were too busy to deliver their package...

Rhoderunner

Same here. Reduced number of routes from a early fall restructure, no people to help (very under staffed) and this ridiculous pressure to get SO off on time instead of straight-lining the work and getting everything done the day it's due. We are getting OLCCs for taking SO lates but NOT for bring back DEX 1s. My theory is it's all part of pleasing the stockholders, making good impressions to wall street. The company reports it's service levels to these people but I bet they don't make public the stuff NOT getting done. :surprised:

whenIgetthere

Lots of them at my station. I offer everyday to help out other routes for extra hours, and the managers never give me any extra work (you have to be one of the four bum kissers from the PM side to get any extra hours)! As always, dumb decisions by management come back to haunt them everyday!

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
How many Dex 1's is your station having already?

Seems like a tremendous spike year over year in our station and district.
I see two reasons.

One is they cut so many routes people just can't handle the volume.

Second is no one really gives a crap anymore because of the way we have been treated the last few years, dwindling benefits, elimination of the pension plan, ridiculously low raises with record profits.

What do you all want to add?

Right on the money. They have cut too far, but nobody in Memphis seems to get it. See my other post about the way the stations aren't communicating with the ramps and vice-versa. I think they are discovering what many of us have been saying for a long time, and that is the fact that you can't pluck someone off the street and expect them to do the courier job with any decent level of effectiveness. They are also finding-out that anyone who has been around for more than a few years is wise to their antics. Most people are not buying into the PR and Kool-Aid campaigns and know that Memphis is nothing but a lie factory. They finally realize that Fred & Friends are out to enrich themselves at their expense. Why do anything over and above when you are having your hours cut even as volume is spiking? My station is having hundreds of Code 1's per day...and nobody cares except for management. Hell, they're all out on the road...also bringing back DEX 01's.

The absolute incompetence of FedEx upper management is amazing. "The Plan" is still underway even though it's obvious that it isn't working. Frankly, I'm loving watching it fall apart. If peak turns out to be an abortion, and it's really looking that way, do you think any heads will roll come January?

MT3 and his buddies are effing-it up big time, and they'll probably be rewarded with higher bonuses and pay packages despite totally messing-up the operation.

What goes around comes around, and they're about to be served a heaping dose of their own brilliance. This is going to go down as the most effed-up peak ever. Thanks for all of the entertainment Mr. Happy Hands. They'll be wiggling around a lot this month.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

No money back guaranty from Nov. 26 until Dec. 26 Sorry.

Even if you guys blow it off because you're "too busy"?? I will tell you that if I were a shipper and saw this exception code when I tracked my packages I sure as hell would get a refund.

Our commit time is relaxed and service guarantees are suspended when we get closer to Christmas but we still have to make an attempt on each and every package on our cars. We don't have a "too busy" exception code.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Even if you guys blow it off because you're "too busy"?? I will tell you that if I were a shipper and saw this exception code when I tracked my packages I sure as hell would get a refund.

Our commit time is relaxed and service guarantees are suspended when we get closer to Christmas but we still have to make an attempt on each and every package on our cars. We don't have a "too busy" exception code.

FedEx makes it up as they go along. I'm thinking the period from Nov.26-Dec.26 has been determined to be "An Act of God" by Mr. Smith, thereby negating our service guarantee. Pure crap...the customer gets the shaft again.

What I really think is happening is that they know peak is going badly this year, and it's going to get worse....because FedEx is run by idiots. They're just covering their corporate ass.

TUT

Service Guide:

Money-Back Guarantee Policy
We offer a money-back guarantee for our services. This guarantee can be suspended,
modified or revoked at our sole discretion without prior notice to you.
A. Money-Back Guarantee.At our option, we will, upon request, either refund or
credit your transportation charges in the event of a service failure (which means delivery
of your package 60 seconds or more after the published delivery commitment time for
the selected service and destination, except as otherwise described in these terms
and conditions). This money-back guarantee is your exclusive remedy in the event of a
service failure for the recovery of all or any portion of the FedEx charges for a shipment.

DOWNTRODDEN IN TEXAS

What goes around comes around, and they're about to be served a heaping dose of their own brilliance. This is going to go down as the most effed-up peak ever. Thanks for all of the entertainment Mr. Happy Hands. They'll be wiggling around a lot this month.

To quote Frank Reynolds, "we need to cut the crust off this s*&t sandwich..." Our peak plan is a massive farce, but then so is the company these days.

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
Even if you guys blow it off because you're "too busy"?? Our commit time is relaxed and service guarantees are suspended when we get closer to Christmas but we still have to make an attempt on each and every package on our cars. We don't have a "too busy" exception code.
Crap, a few years ago when the weather got bad during peak one of the UPS drivers in my area brought back 85 stops one evening. The management of course got in his face but he told 'em he stop bringing back packages a soon as they stop giving him too much work to do.

DS

Fenderbender

That's not true.Theres an option I've used hundreds of times over the years in the diad .
I believe its in non delivery...big arrow down...other... "j"....MISSED.

Fragiledonthrow

Also Upser, No disrespect,, but we dont get our personal elf or able to max out on ot everyday in peak.. so its really not our fault.. need a union but theres no balls around here im a afraid. :sad-little: . sorry fellas this time of year just gives me the blues with all this money we could be making..