ETAs

upsgrunt

i like it :)

seriously, we are trending this direction - soon will will be able to tell customers what time to expect their package. yeah, telematics and EDD have everything to do with it. It is surely in a test phase right now.

it's going to be a game changer.

A game changer as was rural remote delivery?

God help us

Coldworld

60 months and counting
Our company now has the customer satisfaction of your average cell phone company. Promise great and wonderful things that can't be reached.
All I want is my phone to work and not drop calls. All our customers want is us to show up around the same time everyday. Both are to much to ask these days...

Sometimes the things that you think would be the easiest for a billion dollar fortune 500 company like this one to fix, are the issues that are the hardest to deal with.

klein

Für Meno :)
Originally Posted by upssalesguy

seriously, we are trending this direction - soon will will be able to tell customers what time to expect their package. yeah, telematics and EDD have everything to do with it. It is surely in a test phase right now.

Yeah, you guys will be running on a sort of tranist bus schedule.
Company A: 9;36 Company B: 9:39 etc.
And customers will get that "bus-schedule"

Really miss them up !

Why waste another penny, even considering such an impossible run ?
Test phase : only on paper ! Better make that toilette paper, it's cheaper for such a "bright" idea !

It's going to be a game alright !

old levi's

blank space
This morning our on car announced that the OMS clerk would be ODSing everyone their ETAs based upon the data in PAS/EDD. Starting tomorrow we will each be handed a piece of paper with our ETA on it. There was no discussion as to what would happen if we punched out after the calculated ETA. This should be interesting and I will keep everyone updated on what happens with this.

BTW, my ETA for today is 1824.

Have already been doing that here for several months. It's good for a laugh when you see the unrealistic ETA pop up in your board each morning.

Riddle me this. How can they tell me what my ETA should be when they don't even know what time I will start the route (satellite). Yesterday my start was 1115 (never before 1030). I'm just saying..........

longlunchguy

Runnin on Empty
They stopped asking my ETA. I think they got tired of me sending 721. That's 7 letters, 2 words, 1 meaning. Based on our start time it's also over 9.5, but that's not the point.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

They stopped asking my ETA. I think they got tired of me sending 721. That's 7 letters, 2 words, 1 meaning. Based on our start time it's also over 9.5, but that's not the point.

I think you may have misunderstood--they are not asking our ETAs--they are telling us what out ETA should be based upon the data in EDD.

Covemastah

Hoopah drives the boat Chief !!

This should not affect your Tee time I hope!!

Dustyroads

Fedex express has had this little ETA crapola for some time. The express driver i see out on my area says that they not only give them the ETA, but send him little messages throughout the day telling him if he is late (overallowed).

It's nice to see that this stupidity isn't brand specific.

Ups_ER

You know what I am sick of?
But remember, when all is said and done, you are all overpaid fat scumbags that really didnt have anything to do with that sale, because it was me and only me that could have sold that lead. ..., after all, you are dirty smelly overpaid fat scumbags that really should be paid less. And your probably as under educated as you are over paid.

WOW ... just wow. tell us how you really feel about management.

If you want to see real teamwork, then you and management put the customer first again. Quit running off customers because of your short sighted penny savings, when there are dollars to be had. Do that, and I will guarantee you teamwork will actually mean something at UPS again.

He's got a valid point, you have to create the impression you care about the customer, whether you ACTUALLY care, who cares?

upssalesguy

UPS Defender
upssalesguy,

No one can dispute your enthusiasm, but, you need to get a grip on reality dude. Maybe it's your high sugar intake that's causing some sort of mental imbalance. :wink2:

P.S. Nice suit. You're more normal looking than I imagined.

ha! this is the post of the year.

coffee>suger>intense sales negotiations get me every time.

folks, I dont care what you think I do, there could be 10,000 packages a day of new volume thanks to our team.

yes, the trust in the driver got me in the door. details forthcoming. they signed the contract today. they are 1-3 years our on taking over the world, so for now, 200-300 packages (air) per day. awesome day. awesome. conversion win from FedEx.

edit: yes, that is per day.

Dragon

Package Center Manager
You misunderstood. The center team is telling us what our ETAs should be based upon the data in EDD.

Actually Upstate they are using a spreadsheet with data plugged in from your daily stats. Only problem is you/they better have an (apples to apples) dispatch that day compared to the spreadsheet. Data in EDD has nothing to do with it, only looking at min/max dispatched to you.